Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Criiz View Post
    I've tried openraid in the past, at least browsing groups, and am always turned down because I have no experience with challenge modes. v_v

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRum View Post
    I've tried openraid in the past, at least browsing groups, and am always turned down because I have no experience with challenge modes. v_v
    it's a vicious circle. Maybe try joining a raid guild and finding some new circle of friends and get them interested on an off night?
    Hi

Deleted
    I've been wondering.. how do challenge modes work with the AoE vengeance nerfs?

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    I've been wondering.. how do challenge modes work with the AoE vengeance nerfs?
    vengeance isn't affected by the 5.4 changes, works the same as it did in 5.3

10+ Year Old Account
    How accurate are the leader boards? What are the thresholds for titles, im wondering if you get into a certain bracket you get a title and acheivement. because I have 2 titles but on the leader board it shows me with like the 5th realm best time or something like that. Im glad to even have a title it just looks wonky.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    I knew I would have this issue, always see CM events over subscribed, so I just made my own event, not sure if I got lucky but got gold in SH, gate and jade temple, in that one event, turned out rather well, the team was made up of people with either 1 or no golds as well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trape View Post
    vengeance isn't affected by the 5.4 changes, works the same as it did in 5.3
    Vengeance got diminishing returns for multiple targets since 5.4. That's what I meant with my question. Doesn't that nerf effect tank survivability and dps a TON ?

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Vengeance got diminishing returns for multiple targets since 5.4. That's what I meant with my question. Doesn't that nerf effect tank survivability and dps a TON ?
    He answered your question. Those changes aren't implemented in CM's.

Deleted
    To the people searching for their "first grp": make your own or join a "beginners" run. There are plenty (even silver).
    I wasn't able to join those grps as well and decided to do it myself. Got 2 friends and 2 recruits from OR, we needed 4 weeks (only playing 3-4h on Saturday or Wednesday), so a total of 16-20h. We "progressed" through each instance and tried to optimize our tactic and setup (Prot Warrior, Resto Druid, Hunter, Ele-Shaman, DPS-Warrior). It was a lot of fun, and after I got 9/9 I was able to get 9/9 on two other chars through OR easily, currently working on Char #4 and #5 ;-)

It's quite some work and you will fail, but many ppl are looking to get started with CMs and thats the ppl you need to find.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    He answered your question. Those changes aren't implemented in CM's.
    That's not how I understood the answer at all. My bad

if need be, you can start your own group of people your level of experience. crazy, I know, who the hell would do that? that'd be like raiding with people your skill level, fucking stupid, right?

for real though, doesn't matter if you're only getting bronze runs, it's experience. as long as you're doing your best that's all the experience you'll need to get into competent groups.
    Last edited by HeedmySpeed; 2013-11-07 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    How accurate are the leader boards? What are the thresholds for titles, im wondering if you get into a certain bracket you get a title and acheivement. because I have 2 titles but on the leader board it shows me with like the 5th realm best time or something like that. Im glad to even have a title it just looks wonky.
    You need three players from the same realm to get the title so apparently #1-4 groups didn't have three or more players from your realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    You need three players from the same realm to get the title so apparently #1-4 groups didn't have three or more players from your realm.
    dang it. i just realized that. we roflstomped the time but a;ljshf;ladhf;lasdf /rage. oh well
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

From what I read it seems title rewards for realm best are bugged anyway. I checked it quickly and it seems like I should have a title when "You need three players from the same realm to get the title so apparently #1-4 groups didn't have three or more players from your realm." is true but I don't. Not sure though...

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    9/9 Holy Paladin here. Here's my tips for other holy paladins:

- Reforge for haste. Flask for intellect. You want big fast heals. Don't worry about spirit too much, you can use Restorative Amber after almost every pull
    - Talents: Speed of light / justice / EF / Clemency / Holy Avenger / Holy Prism
    - Glyphs: Blinding Light / Sac / FoL
    - Be prepared to use flash of light like it's TBC. LoD / HR are pretty weak in CM's.
    - Avoid stacking healing CD's where possible
    - Hand of Salv & Hand of Prot are great if your tank is having aggro issues on a large pull (i.e big monkey pull in SSB)
    - Hand of Sac on the tank whenever he's taking brutal dmg
    - Voice comm between you & your tank re: healing CD's is critical. If we're about to pull a nasty trash pack, and everything is on cooldown i tell him before the pull
    - Communicate with dps that have off heals to help (i.e shaman) when things get out of control
    - Make a macro for SSB last boss to switch to both your dps set AND change spec so you don't have to fiddle with the UI
    - Some bosses do very little damage, DPS when you can - every little bit helps.