Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    My group have big problems with the challanges the setup is :

Tank : Warrior

Healing : Priest

Dps : Rogue, spriest, ele shaman.

We have alot of problems, so we tryed to switch me out with a feral druid, then the group got 2 golds in like 2 hours.

Is my gear not ready for challange modes?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fruttii/simple

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent guides, thanks much for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuttifruttii View Post
    My group have big problems with the challanges the setup is :

Tank : Warrior

Healing : Priest

Dps : Rogue, spriest, ele shaman.

We have alot of problems, so we tryed to switch me out with a feral druid, then the group got 2 golds in like 2 hours.

Is my gear not ready for challange modes?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fruttii/simple
    I'm not sure that's descriptive enough to really say. Is Windsong really better than Dancing Steel?
    Otherwise who knows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theyanger View Post
    I'm not sure that's descriptive enough to really say. Is Windsong really better than Dancing Steel?
    Otherwise who knows.
    Nah, dancing steel is alot better, just dont have the money for it yet.

so we only had about an hour to piddle around today and wanted to test some damage ect. We tried out Temple of the jade serpent. Me as the healer (hpally), a blood dk, a frost mage, a boomkin, and (i believe at the time she was) Aff lock. I've seen a couple pallies post that CMS have been a breeze for them. Maybe it's just an experience thing :<

I watched all the videos in the OP and to me it seemed like a lot of what has to do with CMs is controlling the trash cause it hits like a pissed off mother.
    We decided to pull the first part just like in the video with the exception of we didnt pull the boss. So we stop to aoe shit down. During this, my tank is getting hit REALLY hard. I think we did a shadowfury and a remorseless winter. But still even with that and me popping guardian, HoS, and wings he kept dipping.

I'll start by saying i went in with my raid spec. I was really unsure about my 3rd and 5th tier talent. I like EF and it does a lot of healing but i think the extra shield from SS might just be better. On to the 5th, i've always used lights hammer, but i switched to Execution Sentence cause my tank was just dropping.
    I know some things may have been wrong about that which is why i switched it around a couple of times during it, but throughout the whole runs of the instance i felt my mana was just always so low. Granted this wasen't a SERIOUS run, but i felt like something was wrong. Even spamming casts my tank just wasent staying topped. Maybe it was a lack of CC on the adds causing him to just get raped? D:

I've come to ask for some general advice. I'm very interested in running CM's and just making it generally easy for the group so some help would be nice.

As for other pallies, can anyone pass along some advice? What spells do you use? Don't use? Reforging/gems ect. Anything that might help.

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted some general help as my group plans on running these often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pjammiez View Post
    I'll start by saying i went in with my raid spec. I was really unsure about my 3rd and 5th tier talent. I like EF and it does a lot of healing but i think the extra shield from SS might just be better. On to the 5th, i've always used lights hammer, but i switched to Execution Sentence cause my tank was just dropping.
    I know some things may have been wrong about that which is why i switched it around a couple of times during it, but throughout the whole runs of the instance i felt my mana was just always so low. Granted this wasen't a SERIOUS run, but i felt like something was wrong. Even spamming casts my tank just wasent staying topped. Maybe it was a lack of CC on the adds causing him to just get raped? D:
    Yeah, every healer will constantly be low throughout challenge modes. You need to bring a lot of consumables for this, especially if you are going for gold. If you are just trying them out for the first time, I would not suggest following guides that do the runs differently. If you are trying to get some experience, and ease into them, I would suggest testing out multiple ones and going for bronze or silver. They will run you dry, especially if the tank is doing big AoE pulls. The trick behind these is to bring a good comp, even more helpful, a good comp for the specific instance. Jade Serpent is a damage heavy one, as opposed to some others, as the pulls are full of dangerous mobs throwing out damage to every player, not just the tank. Your tank and DPS need to act appropriately, mass stunning, interrupting, knocking-back, etc, every group that you are AoEing down. You have a Moonkin, Mage and DK, which has pleanty of that. Rotate each CC (communicate using vent/mumble/etc) and keep the groups locked down until dead, or transitioned into the next pull. Throw a solar beam down while remorseless winter begins to build stacks and halfway through the stun of that throw down a ring of frost. Single target interrupt or stun mobs that break out later.

but throughout the whole runs of the instance i felt my mana was just always so low.
    You're supposed to be oom very often.
    Go to Klaxxi'vess and buy A LOT of amber-regen thing.
    There will be some times during each run when you'll be out of combat (in TJS it's usually after the first boss, before the second (?), after the second, before the third and after the third.) You have to use one of these amber-regen thing. In most case, you'll have one second after the trashs and before the pull of the boss, just spam it and say "Go" to your tank as soon as you managed to use it.
    Between two utilisation of these amber-regen thing, it's perfectly fine to go oom.

I watched all the videos in the OP and to me it seemed like a lot of what has to do with CMs is controlling the trash cause it hits like a pissed off mother.
    We decided to pull the first part just like in the video with the exception of we didnt pull the boss. So we stop to aoe shit down. During this, my tank is getting hit REALLY hard. I think we did a shadowfury and a remorseless winter. But still even with that and me popping guardian, HoS, and wings he kept dipping.

I've come to ask for some general advice. I'm very interested in running CM's and just making it generally easy for the group so some help would be nice.

As for other pallies, can anyone pass along some advice? What spells do you use? Don't use? Reforging/gems ect. Anything that might help.

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted some general help as my group plans on running these often.
    [/QUOTE]

7/9 CMS gold holy paladin here (working on Brewery and SM tonight), maybe I can help. Our group composition is as follows: Monk tank, s.priest, arcane mage, fury warrior, and myself. Since our group is woefully short on stuns and ways to re-direct damage, I've become accustomed to dealing with lots of sustained tank damage on almost every pull.

The first pull in Jade Temple is the hardest in the zone and either made or broke my group's gold medal run -- once we managed to quickly finish it without any deaths (maybe the 10th pull?), we breezed through the place and got the gold. My advice to heal this pull and many other big pulls in CMS is as follows:

1) I recommend Sacred Shield. Your tank will take far more damage than any other person in the dungeon and you need single heal throughput more than anything else. AOE trash damage and boss damage is also quite minimal and doesn't really benefit from EF in CMS.
    2) If you aren't using it already, I recommend you use Clemency for the ability to cast two HoS on the tank back to back if necessary. It helps a lot.
    3) I went with Light's Hammer, but I think ES works just as well. I only chose light's hammer because the AOE damage helps shave a second or two off each run.
    4) As far as general advice on spells, I primarily use Divine Light, 3-HP Word of Glory, Holy Shock, and Flash Heal, in that order, to keep the tank up. Going OOM or very low on mana after big pulls is normal for me since Holy Light doesn't suffice for tank healing and Divine Light must be cast so often instead. To compensate, rotate CD's as often as possible to conserve mana / increase throughput and use the Amber stuff from the Klaxxi when you can drink. Save GOAK for the hardest pull in any given segment and make sure to re-cast Sacred Shield immediately after it expires, since it will benefit from the 50% haste boost and apply its absorb shield more frequently for the whole duration (~30 seconds) of the spell.
    5) DPS the boss or adds whenever possible. Wings + Divine Favor can give you some nice burst damage if you can spare the time away from healing your tank and every little bit adds up.

I'm also gemmed/reforged for raid spec with mastery prioritization.

Hope this helps.

Ok thanks for the responses. I have a lot of the klaxxi amber thingies and i've watched a few videos and looked at some different paladins specs. Changed a few things around so hopefully next time will go a little smoother.

Thanks Mersynd. Yeah 4/5 of us are pretty new to it. Our tank has completed 9/9 on his mage so he has some experience but this time around we just need to see what works for our group.

Deleted
    I've done 7/9 so far as a holy paladin, so hopefully I'll be able to give you some tips.

As for talents, I would say Holy Avenger (an extra cooldown), Holy Prism (great versatile spell), Speed of Light (great before using an invis potion amongst other things) and clemency (for obvious reasons) are the ones you definitely want to have.

You could go either Sarced Shield or Eternal Flame, I personally prefer Eternal Flame. Sacred Shield looks nice on paper, but those rather small absorbs are rarely going to save your tank with the huge amounts of damage going out. Also, Sacred Shield is quite a pain to keep up, and on top of that you need to spend valuable global cooldowns doing it. With Eternal flame though, you can easily have it running on the tank + someone else, and thus already providing the same steady healing as SS would, with the potential of more. Also, EF builds up and sustains mastery shields on the group that can prove helpful.

As for glyphs, Flash of Light is huge, and in my opinion Divine Plea as well since it's a lot easier to get it off with it. For the third glyph I'm using Divinity, but depending on your comp Blinding Light could be a good choice as well.

I apologize in advance if this has been covered already, but do you guys think healers should be using intellect flask/food or spirit in challenge modes?

Posted by Oreoirl
    I apologize in advance if this has been covered already, but do you guys think healers should be using intellect flask/food or spirit in challenge modes?
    My advise is to use intellect consumables if you run challenges with gear that has much spirit on it (ie. raiding gear). You can regem and reforge out of spirit gradually.

Deleted
    For the Jade serpent pull I found it easier to slow them and just kite. Once they get close to you at the back of the boss move to the front wait for them again and then jump down the ledge and run up the opposite side that they are coming towards you. You shouldn't really get hit at all by doing this. I just repeated this cycle until they were dead.

I've been curious how reforges as a mage goes. I've seen haste and mastery and wondered if there's any real difference and about which bomb is most useful.

We're 4/9 gold (started not too long ago) with a mage (me), Boomkin, Lock, Druid tank, and pally heals. These guides have been awesome and very useful!

Deleted
    Mage with 9/9 gold here.

Since you didn't specify which spec you are playing atm, I'm gonna guess arcane.

I found that arcane lacks alot of the mobility and AoE that frost provides, which is the reason I ran all of our runs as frost. However, I used my normal PvE set which is arcane reforged (mastery prio), except for two parts of the same ilvl that I had aquired which I had frost reforged (haste prio). This seemed to work very good, even with the lack of correct reforging.

When it comes to the bombs I pretty much used frost bomb in every instance, because it brings the highest dps when it comes to AoE, which most of the CHM dungeons are 90% about.

Hope this helped!

My apologies, I am running frost. I need another trinket since my light of the cosmos won't proc from frost bomb. Do you have a recommendation? What glyphs do you run? I've stuck w/ Icy Veins, Cone of Cold and Ice Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by mulvita View Post
    My apologies, I am running frost. I need another trinket since my light of the cosmos won't proc from frost bomb. Do you have a recommendation? What glyphs do you run? I've stuck w/ Icy Veins, Cone of Cold and Ice Lance.
    Get the Flashfrozen Resin Globule ASAP; on-demand intellect beats procs any day.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2013-02-02 at 08:45 AM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Gold Guide
    >Know you Class (L2R Forums)
    >Know the Dungeon (dungeon journal, youtube & Forums)
    >Dont Suck
    >Look for 4 players who does the same

Master this 4 things then your perma gold

Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    Gold Guide
    >Know you Class (L2R Forums)
    >Know the Dungeon (dungeon journal, youtube & Forums)
    >Dont Suck
    >Look for 4 players who does the same

Master this 4 things then your perma gold
    very insightful post, since the dj doesn't tell you anything at all about what is important in cms
    and this post is where those "YouTube and forum" posts came from in the first place

Deleted
    About gear scaling, is it better to replace some of your raiding gear for 463 blues if they have for example mastery (and your raiding item has haste and mastery>haste ?)
    (i know i should look at sockets too but lets not take that into concideration.)