Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thank you very much.

Deleted
    Yep, Gate is an order of magnitude easier than any other. Scarlet is not terrible, but the dogs will fuck up some tries just because.

Just to add, a list of "don't do" with them:

1) Don't stun the guard and then throw the bucket. Most times the dogs will eat the nearest player instead of the guard (don't charge!). It happened other times without stun too.
    2) Don't run before they start eating, some will follow.

They will follow you sometimes whatever you stay, aggro them, not aggro them. It's not that terrible, but beware. The one that will cause you to reset it's the 1). The dogs don't release the player until it's dead.

PD: Hit the guard at least once or it won't count for the enemies killed counter.

Deleted
    Nice videos. Will definatly check this out more thoroughly when we decide we have the time to do this.

Thumbs up!

Thank you for those guides.
    We tried to do Mogushan palace first. I am a prot warrior and I usually play with a resto druid, and different damage dealers. We failed 2 minutes before the Silver timer at best. Our main issues were :

- The pack of trash mobs just before the first boss : they hit so hard
    - the second boss, Gekkan, can be a pain especially in the beginning when I'm tanking the ironhide, gekkan, and the rogue.
    - The final quilien pack, with their stackable bleeding debuff

We did not try to use Invisibility potions, though. Guess it could let us hit silver, but I do not see how I could reach gold. I'm decently geared, I take the best talents according to the dungeon, and still, I just can't tank two packs of trash mobs like other tanks do, even with my cooldowns. I don't know if my healer is to blame, or my damage dealers, or just me.

How do you gear for Mogushan palace ? Is there anything I am missing ? Thanks

Nothing special, just make sure you have coordinated stuns, don't be afraid to kite a bit out of melee if need be, and blow the mobs up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for posting this. I am currently running a group on saturday nights to try and get our challenge mode titles. This will help me a lot!

We used these guides for our challenge runs and worked really well so far, but ofc you have to change a few things due to your setup. We managed to do Mogushan Palace in 11:27 with a bit unorthodox tactics. We ran a prot warr, resto druid, lock, ele shammy and monk setup. Our time saving trick was to pull the 2 mobs in the entrance with the 2 big packs in front of the boss and aoe-ing all the 11 mobs together. This was kinda rng in most of the time so we decided to do this trash with 2 healers, and save time with respecing a lot. So basicly we start the instance as prot-resto-demo-ele-mistweaver, on the first boss we are prot-balance-affli-ele-windwalker, on the second boss our druid goes to heal, on the elevator the lock switches back to demo and before the boss he swithces back to affli. Before these major spec swaps we managed do do it in 12 mins 20 secs or so, but we went for a gold so had to figure out how to cut that 20 seconds, and turned out so well we did a realm best run
    Last edited by Lonerteey; 2012-11-06 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theyanger View Post
    Nothing special, just make sure you have coordinated stuns, don't be afraid to kite a bit out of melee if need be, and blow the mobs up.
    Hey thanks, I think that I found something different in our gameplay : we did not use our massive crowd control abilities (fears, shadowfury, winters...) perfectly. Maybe if we can manage to alternate them efficiently, I would be able to reduce the damage input on me.

And maybe do less single target abilities and more AoE.

I will definitely have some tries tonight ! Anyway, this mode is very exciting, I'm a vanilla player, and I haven't felt such excitement for a long, long time (who said TBC heroics ?? )

A tip for healers as well is to stock up on restoritive amber from the klaxxi quartermaster. They get a bit pricey but totally worth it for how fast they restore your mana. Just dont foget that you can click off the buff if you dont need it anymore but its still up.

Awesome Guide(s) I am going to check these out later today.

Am I the only one feeling that the number of instance reset is too limited ? In this mode, we reset the dungeon every time we have a wipe, or if we waste too much time ... And it seems that blizzard doesn't want us to reset any instance more than 4 or 5 times per hour. So when this limit is reached, we just have to do something else because every single instance is now unavailable.
    So how is it possible to focus on this mode for hours ? Do you have to finish the entire dungeon every run ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grakzul View Post
    Am I the only one feeling that the number of instance reset is too limited ? In this mode, we reset the dungeon every time we have a wipe, or if we waste too much time ... And it seems that blizzard doesn't want us to reset any instance more than 4 or 5 times per hour. So when this limit is reached, we just have to do something else because every single instance is now unavailable.
    So how is it possible to focus on this mode for hours ? Do you have to finish the entire dungeon every run ?
    You can reset challenge modes from inside them (without running out) every five minutes pretty much.

BTW thanks Marza, my group finished the full gold runs now. These guides were a great help, although we did adapt our own tactics quite often due to differing group comps

Quote Originally Posted by Medanielle View Post
    You can reset challenge modes from inside them (without running out) every five minutes pretty much.

BTW thanks Marza, my group finished the full gold runs now. These guides were a great help, although we did adapt our own tactics quite often due to differing group comps
    Oh well I did not notice this feature. Thanks !

Deleted
    Hey, just wanted to say a big thank you for these great guides on behalf of my CM group.

We got our realm first Gold Conq today, and it was in no small part because of the helpful advice and strats outlined in these guides. Our comp was rather different, so we did need to adjust them where necessary (2 melee DPS, eek) but the vids gave us a really solid starting point and we would definitely not have progressed so quickly without them.

Thanks again man.

Deleted
    Is frost really better than fire for mages in challenge modes?

Deleted
    Awesome guides, definitely been very useful as we got our 9 golds!

Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    Is frost really better than fire for mages in challenge modes?
    I'm not a mage, but our mage definitely tried both and seemed to stick with Frost mostly, yes. I'm assuming for the AE, beyond that I wouldn't know.

I just had a silver medal in Mogu'Shan palace a few days ago and now thanks to this guide, we will try Scarlet Halls.

I have a question, though : As a warrior tank, what would you advise regarding to the stats priority when beginning challenge modes ? I mean, I'm not always comfortable with my character. Sometimes the damage input is just to high and I get insta-killed (think of the huge pack in front of the 1st Mogushan Palace boss). I'm not a huge Stamina fan, I prefer Hit/Exp(I have ~7.5% each) and Mastery (about 36%), but I'm considering changing a few gems to gain a larger HP pool. Is it a good idea or not ?
    Last edited by grakzul; 2012-11-15 at 12:20 AM.

In challenge modes, unless your're wearing non-plate gear/no shield, if you ever die on any pull, there's a way to rotate tank cds, stuns, and other soft ccs to allow you to survive it. No exceptions.

Gear for max damage as a tank.

OK so I guess I'll keep my 7.5% hit/exp and not aim for more stamina. And maybe I'll try to reach a higher expertise score to do more damage.