Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Big Big Big thank you with your Guides my Group managed realmfirst

Great thread it really helps out people who want to get gold

Saw some videos some months ago where the party manages to interrupt the Rise! ability of Darkmaster Gandling.
    It is an extremely great thing, because the boss takes half damage while he channels Rise!.
    Can someone tell me how is that possible?

Three Nights it took us. In total 15 hours or so.

We one-shot both Gate of the Setting Sun and Shado-pan Monastery. All except for Stormstout (took us 5 hours to perfect ) were pretty easy once we figured out a long Cc-chain for the bigger trash packs.

Blood DK (me) - Boomkin - Warlock - Frost Mage - Holy Paladin.

It was ALL because of your guides. You, my sir. Are a god.

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 12:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Yes, if two things restore your mana at the exact same rate and all you care about is the mana regen, buying the one that costs 20x more would be pretty pointless. I was under the impression they fixed them to be in line with normal food, but perhaps not.
    Tooltip is not correct, it fully restored our Holy Pally's mana in 3 ticks or so.

Deleted
    How do ppl manage to do shado pan in 12-15 min? Is there any trick? I though one might send one "scout" to cancel arrows while 2 sha mobs are still alive after the first boss. This way you could cancel the arrow rain and start the rp. Can anyone confirm? I have no idea where you could squeeze more time out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahu View Post
    How do ppl manage to do shado pan in 12-15 min? Is there any trick? I though one might send one "scout" to cancel arrows while 2 sha mobs are still alive after the first boss. This way you could cancel the arrow rain and start the rp. Can anyone confirm? I have no idea where you could squeeze more time out.
    Off the top of my head, you need to kill all the mobs at the start (run in turn left have tank pull everything and all group) You kill those/kite some through to the boss, start, kill it. Then into the little sha rooms. kill those and dont let them explode you. Out the door mount and run up, don't all stack as you run or you'll fall foul of the RNG and get caught by the ice(skip the 4 pandas as you come out the room). Do that room make sure you kill the mini boss before the staff spawns so you don't struggle with having to heal loads. Kill the Panda boss that splits into 3. Then you need to invis pot (proper invis pot) and use a run speed to such as stampeding roar etc, to get to the middle of the bridge where you pick up some mini sha and run to the end of the bridge to grab the big sha's and stun kill those guys.
    Into the Sha of Doubt or sha of whatever room and kill him as normal. As you exit this door you have your tank pick up the two mobs while everyone else runs to the body and all click it at the same time, you will get the 4/4 achievemnt here. Mount up, run to the bridge (no need to kill the purple stuff on the floor), go into the water on the right, all the way around so you're just past the temple type building and kill the next pack. Get across the bridge but don't engage the final mobs and turn left, you should easily have enough time to kill this boss. I think we only failed once on this place due to some funky DC's from our Healer. on the actual kill he was still disconnecting and we got to the end boss with over 2 mins to kill him for gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genjuro View Post
    As you exit this door you have your tank pick up the two mobs while everyone else runs to the body and all click it at the same time, you will get the 4/4 achievemnt here.
    I saw several guide and gold run videos but this quote would explains everything, if you can skip 2 big mob groups, this is very very easy.

We have the Brewery and Scarlet Monastery to go. For us, the hardest part of challenge mode is sadly the Invisibility Potion boss (and internet issues). Potions and us messing up from those have caused us the most wipes and delay progress. Take what are the "hardest" with a grain of salt. For us, Halls was our learning experience and very tough. We found Found Gate-Scolo-Siege,Shado-Jade-Halls-Mogu. Halls was brutal also b/c of the pack before and After the 2nd boss was pretty rough packs for our comp. Most haven't been bad (tho we have the 2 worst to go) since dps isnt the issue for our comp. We have a squishy feral tank (love him!) Challenge modes have kept this patch fun for me.

As of right now (6/9 golds down) we found mogushan palace to be the toughest run for us to snag gold on. Hell we only cleared the gold time by 8 seconds and we were flying. It was definitely a hair puller at the end.

From practicing stormstout, shado pan and monestary I believe they will be easier then Mogushan palace was.

EDIT: Just did shado-pan Gold and it was such a joke. We then went to do scarlet monestery...not so much of a joke. lol. So glad that one is overwith and we hit a Gold time.

Now just Stormstout Brewery is left for 9/9

Edit 2: Server best time for Stormstout Brewery :P
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2013-03-05 at 08:43 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

For me and the group i ran with the 2 most anoying ones were Scarlet monestary and Brewery. Many annoying mobs/pulls in SM (only had 4 sec left when we got the gold). Brewery was just annoying since we didn't have the best burst for last boss and i think we did it a bit wrong... took us 3 hours to get gold in there but in the end we had 1 min 2 sec to spare

videos were awesome and helped us get some golds, only problem was our comp which to be fair does play a big part but can be worked around

Quote Originally Posted by torin856 View Post
    Saw some videos some months ago where the party manages to interrupt the Rise! ability of Darkmaster Gandling.
    It is an extremely great thing, because the boss takes half damage while he channels Rise!.
    Can someone tell me how is that possible?
    Anyone have any more info on this at all? Sounds interesting! We tried Scholo for the first time a couple nights ago, and while there were mistakes to iron out along the way, we stopped cold at Darkmaster. We just could not seem to handle the ads very well at all. Our comp is Hunter, Prot Warrior, Holy Pala, Ret Pala and a Rogue. Hunter (me) and Healer stood up the stairs and tried to aggro them up but half would end up running back to the melee and exploding there, killing them. Both of us should have been putting out enough threat on them to drag them to us, not sure where things were going wrong. The melee stopped all cleaves etc. I saw a video where a group appeared to just aoe nuke the ads more or less on top of the boss - how is this possible to do? I'm not sure if we've misunderstood the mechanic maybe i.e. is it a case of, if you kill them within 8 seconds they won't do their nasty explode? If so I am confident we could get them down in that time frame.

Any tips people have for Darkmaster would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Florentia; 2013-03-11 at 11:35 AM.

Yes you can just AE them as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florentia View Post
    Get your hunter to stand on the ledge and pull them up with multishoot and/or explosive trap. Should explode by the time they get to the top of the stairs. If the hunter gets ported the healer should be able to do enough aggro if melee aren't landing anything on them, or just kill them before they explode. Be careful of pets that have a cleave, this wiped us a couple of times before our hunter realised.

Make sure you have the transformation pot, it adds a lot of DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Florentia View Post
    The melee stopped all cleaves etc. I saw a video where a group appeared to just aoe nuke the ads more or less on top of the boss - how is this possible to do? I'm not sure if we've misunderstood the mechanic maybe i.e. is it a case of, if you kill them within 8 seconds they won't do their nasty explode? If so I am confident we could get them down in that time frame.

Stack on the boss. If you have an all ranged group, you can do the ledge trick. The other way to do it is just to cleave/aoe them all down. You have 8 seconds to kill them, and they don't have much health. I tried with one group to repeatedly do the ledge trick, but it never worked with a Prot and Ret paladins. Came back an hour later and just clumped up hard on the boss, aoe'd them down and got gold.

Deleted
    Some of those vids helped alot, when we finally decided to do this, so ty

Ran with a pretty bad group (healer/tank wise), with prot pally, holy pally, hunter, ret, mage. Still managed to do them all, most within 1-2 hours, one shot shado-pan monastery and temple of the jade serpent.

Mogushan Palace was fucking retarded though.

Deleted
    Been following this videos and getting my cm's, at 5/9 atm , cheers

Just have Scholo Niuzao (missed of four seconds and we are gonna redo it, we lost some time because our hunter died early at 3rd boss), SM and MSP, ATM I wanna finish SM or Scholo last, And the guys I am usually running with will probably take down Niuzao pretty easy mode, and MSP should probably go fine. we also noticed that we had the 5% health, damage and healing buff in Challenge modes (something we used to not have :P)
    Last edited by George Costanza; 2013-03-11 at 07:39 PM.

Awsome Guides ,thanks!

Too bad i can't find a good team

thx for the guides helped our group alot 9/9 gold now
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}