Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    pvp gear stats dont work in instances.
    the secondary stats do work on instance.... like mastery,crit,spirit.haste so i dont know what you are thinking

unelss you have been mistaken with pvp power and resilience?? of course they "dont" work in pve instance

oh and is that 10 bg quest per day or weekly?? sounds fun to me
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzick View Post
    Brawlers guild looks poorly implemented, it's not phased you have to wait for someone to finish their boss. On release day a ton of people are going to be here. This is really pointless on how they did this.

Really stupid.
    We'll see how it goes but one of the things about it will be the standing around and watching people fight. After release it will settle down. It will also be an excellent candidate for splits using CRZ which might be how they control that.

Personally it looks as if it might be a fun place to hang out and AFK.

EDIT: re The Battleground Thing

It's not clear that it's required to win BG's. It may be; it may not. What the article says is:
    There are some side quests along the way, such as winning 10 battlegrounds or taking a group to kill a general.
    with an 'or'. So I guess we'll have to wait and see. I don't PVP either but doing some BG's might be good for me. Small price to pay to advance to a legendary in any case.

And to make a further point: Why shouldn't a legendary require you to show some sort of mild proficiency at both PVE/PVP?
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-10-14 at 02:38 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Personally,I think if you're a hardcore enough PVEr, you definitely should know how to at least PVP. PVP helps in learning coordination and awareness way better than PVE does. From personal experience, I have seen people in my raid that does PVP regularly (2k+ rating) able to react to environmental obstacles (such as the blue crystal off Stone Guard, which DBM does not tell you) way faster than those that do not PVP. PVPers tend to use all available skills to the fullest, know their keybinds, while most non-PVPers only use skills that goes into their regular rotation. I bet ya those who PVP & PVE have a much easier time on Challenge Mode than those solely does PVE only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Funny, how you accuse others of being "less intelligent" and telling them to "read before QQ", when you yourself are wrong.

Makes you look like a douchebag

(hint: having to win BGs)
    Taking 3-4 hours to win 10 BGs is hard I hear. Especially for a legendary of all things. /facepalm

You people should really stop playing MMOs if you can't handle dynamic gameplay styles and mechanics.

Single-player RPGs are thataway ------>

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    the secondary stats do work on instance.... like mastery,crit,spirit.haste so i dont know what you are thinking

unelss you have been mistaken with pvp power and resilience?? of course they "dont" work in pve instance

i dont think any serious pve'r would sacrifice their primary stats just for a higher ilvl...

Quote Originally Posted by Gybano View Post
    Taking 3-4 hours to win 10 BGs is hard I hear. Especially for a legendary of all things. /facepalm

You people should really stop playing MMOs if you can't handle dynamic gameplay styles and mechanics.

Single-player RPGs are thataway ------>
    Personally, I think its cool that they've finally found a way to incorporate BGs into legendaries. Especially since this expac is supposed to be all about the Alliance vs Horde war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post

It seemed to imply it was a one time quest. People are kvetching like you have to earn full gladiator or something.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Wah wah, I want my instant gratification.
    Needing to win 10 BG's is a hell of a lot more interesting than a 50% drop rate on a fragment you need 30 of.

Because of people who QQ like this "OMG WE NEED TO WIN 10 BATTLES" The game was nerf to be easy...

Go cry on official forums maybe Blizzard will replace to do 10x Challenge Mode Dungeons Gold run, maybe it will be easy for PvE Heroes.

Hell, if your Alliance wait till a pvp holiday for IoC or AV. Thats not even a challenge. easy 10 win

Deleted
    i dont think any serious pve'r would sacrifice their primary stats just for a higher ilvl...
    PvP stats are outside the item budget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    Hell, if your Alliance wait till a pvp holiday for IoC or AV. Thats not even a challenge. easy 10 win
    Good point. If you hate PvP so much then just go into an AV battle and rush to the end boss. Little to no player vs player interaction in that BG.

OP, make more videos please. I want to see more of it.

You have got to be kidding me, we have to wait in line for the brawlers guild...

You had to know blizzard was going to screw it up somehow...You couldn't just make it phased/instanced/lobbied?

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the part about PVE players "having to suffer" quite funny. Do you realize how much we PVP players have to suffer everytime for balancing and the retarded legendaries messing up the balance even more.

I hope this means everybody at the end of MoP will have the ability to obtain a lengedary including PVP players, so we atleast dont have to worry about that when it comes to the balance.

For the rest everything about 5.1 seems amazing kuddos to blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    OP, make more videos please. I want to see more of it.
    Looking forward to make horde version video preview. I have lvl char 90 cute female blood elf. Sadly for some reason since Yesterday when you log in and loading bar load till 90% u get D/C... Most players have problem looks like. So I will wait Monday for some developer to press reset ptr servers button.

Angarin
    You have got to be kidding me, we have to wait in line for the brawlers guild...
    You had to know blizzard was going to screw it up somehow...You couldn't just make it phased/instanced/lobbied?
    If they make it like phased / instanced, then we can't watch Blood DK's killing mobs with 1 million life ;(

PvP Power and Resilience don't reduce any of the other stats. A 458 piece of PvP gear is just as good as a 458 piece of PvE gear. You seem to not know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    I think you'd probably find the exact opposite.
    Not really. Alot of casual PvE'ers dont like doing PvP. Not sure what this whole conversation stems from cuz i dont play MoP but somthing about a legendary requiring you to do PvP dailies?

I can see alot of players having a prob with that if thats what you have to do. But then again those players prolly dont care about legendaries and arnt that big into raiding current content. (believe they were raiding firelands still when MoP came out)

-edit-

Ok so i understand now. You have to get exhalted or w.e and finish your sides storyline to further the Wrathion quest for the legendary.

Ok heres the thing ppl the legendary is going to be built through out the expansion. Your not getting any super cool items till 5.2 at the earliest. Which means you have MONTHS to do these quests to earn the proper rep. Those win 10 BG's are prolly dailies meaning you dont have to do them. It also said side quests which also means you dont have to do them. There is no rush to get this done. You will have MONTHS to get them done b4 5.2 is released. So calm down, no one is forcing you to PvP, do the non pvp quests. Remember Tol borad? You had a PvE section that gave you rep and you had a PvP section that gave you rep, You can do both and get rep faster or you can do one and take more time.

Also all the ppl who are calling the PvE'ers whiners are a bunch of assholes. Leave them alone. If they dont want to PvP they shouldnt have to. What you should have did is try and figure out what was really going on and not resort to name calling.
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2012-10-14 at 02:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Not really. Alot of casual PvE'ers dont like doing PvP. Not sure what this whole conversation stems from cuz i dont play MoP but somthing about a legendary requiring you to do PvP dailies?

I can see alot of players having a prob with that if thats what you have to do. But then again those players prolly dont care about legendaries and arnt that big into raiding current content. (believe they were raiding firelands still when MoP came out)

-edit-

Ok so i understand now. You have to get exhalted or w.e and finish your sides storyline to further the Wrathion quest for the legendary.

Ok heres the thing ppl the legendary is going to be built through out the expansion. Your not getting any super cool items till 5.2 at the earliest. Which means you have MONTHS to do these quests to earn the proper rep. Those win 10 BG's are prolly dailies meaning you dont have to do them. It also said side quests which also means you dont have to do them. There is no rush to get this done. You will have MONTHS to get them done b4 5.2 is released. So calm down, no one is forcing you to PvP, do the non pvp quests. Remember Tol borad? You had a PvE section that gave you rep and you had a PvP section that gave you rep, You can do both and get rep faster or you can do one and take more time.

Also all the ppl who are calling the PvE'ers whiners are a bunch of assholes. Leave them alone. If they dont want to PvP they shouldnt have to. What you should have did is try and figure out what was really going on and not resort to name calling.
    Like I said, no where on the quest did it say "win 10 battlegrounds" was a daily. If it's a one time quest, or hell, even a monthly quest, people shouldn't be acting like this is something that's even approachably difficult to do. You could queue up for alterac valley, run straight to the enemie's base, and then camp out on noob hill until your side either wins or loses if the prospect of PvPing is so difficult.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account

Well here is the Horde side. Figured I'd post it here, since it is relevant.