Probably a crazy thought...

But recently I made the switch from SMF to TG, just to test it out.

After proper reforging I ended up with about 5% more crit rating, yeah that's right, 5%.

I'm using two of the Scholomance axes.

I'm pretty satisfied so far but it just made me think and going through the Dungeon Journal;

Elegion has hit/exp,

Starshatter has crit/exp,

Kilrak has hit/mastery,

Shin'ka has crit/mastery,

Shouldn't TG eventually pull ahead just because of the ungodly amount of crit rating it can accumulate, not the mention the other 'double' amount of stats they are getting from the weapons...

Just a thought...

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe SMF in endgame gear gets close to crit rating as TG. Now where SMF pulls ahead is during execute phase. That's really what SMF is best for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post
    But recently I made the switch from SMF to TG, just to test it out.

After proper reforging I ended up with about 5% more crit rating, yeah that's right, 5%.

I'm using two of the Scholomance axes.

I'm pretty satisfied so far but it just made me think and going through the Dungeon Journal;

Elegion has hit/exp,

Starshatter has crit/exp,

Kilrak has hit/mastery,

Shin'ka has crit/mastery,

Shouldn't TG eventually pull ahead just because of the ungodly amount of crit rating it can accumulate, not the mention the other 'double' amount of stats they are getting from the weapons...

Just a thought...
    It's 400 critrating per weapon, assuming you're upgrading from Dubious Handaxes.

While the diffrence is there, it's not as big as one would like to imagine, but that being said the diffrence in DPS between TG and SMF isn't that big to begin with.