Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

How are you finding Death Knights?

I've never actually leveled a DK before, well maybe to 70, nothing past that. I know the only way I can find out how good they are is to level them, but I need some peoples opinions on a few things before I level it...

1. How are they in PvP atm, what do they have the most trouble against ?
    2. Has the damage been lowered down, or is it alright ?

I remember in cata, the DK damage was good but could of been better, what should I expect?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Connorcide View Post
    I've never actually leveled a DK before, well maybe to 70, nothing past that. I know the only way I can find out how good they are is to level them, but I need some peoples opinions on a few things before I level it...

1. How are they in PvP atm, what do they have the most trouble against ?
    2. Has the damage been lowered down, or is it alright ?

I remember in cata, the DK damage was good but could of been better, what should I expect?

Thank you!

You act as iif this starting a new job or a major life change or something. It's a wow character. Just level it. If you don't like it level another one.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    You act as iif this starting a new job or a major life change or something. It's a wow character. Just level it. If you don't like it level another one.
    Maybe they don't want to invest the time and effort only to realize it is not what they hoped! Ppl have limited time in which to play in a lot of cases. Can't blame someone for wanting to make an educated decision.

OT: DKs are doing well in PVE. Depends greatly on how well the resources and how to use them are understood by the player. As far as PVP I am not sure but I would guess they are still pretty strong w/ the amount of heals they have but I am not a PVP player so that probably should be answered by someone w/ more experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Hey, yeah, I've got all the time in the world so why don't I just level one to 90 and if I don't like it create a new character?

Sorry, I just can't do that, I don't have alot of time to play so I want to make the correct decision.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 03:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    Maybe they don't want to invest the time and effort only to realize it is not what they hoped! Ppl have limited time in which to play in a lot of cases. Can't blame someone for wanting to make an educated decision.

OT: DKs are doing well in PVE. Depends greatly on how well the resources and how to use them are understood by the player. As far as PVP I am not sure but I would guess they are still pretty strong w/ the amount of heals they have but I am not a PVP player so that probably should be answered by someone w/ more experience.
    Thanks this was helpful! =)

I just solo'd a heroic boss because my group had a shitty healer lol and I refuse to BR
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

DKs are very boring to DPS on, and I mean very very boring. tanking seems good right now though

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping View Post
    DKs are very boring to DPS on, and I mean very very boring. tanking seems good right now though
    matter of opinion really, I like to dps on my dk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    matter of opinion really, I like to dps on my dk.
    Spot on mate, I really like to dps on my DK aswell. Personally I enjoy both Frost and blood atm, and I do competetive damage in both specs so I'm quite satisfied.

Oddly enough I hate frost but love Blood and Unholy
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

tanking is awesome lvling a dk is incredibly fun due to the insane aoedmg you do with bloodboil!

They really aren't all that good in PvP right now. I'm finding blood to be the only worthwhile spec, at least in random BGs, provided you don't have a pocket healer, obviously. Frost does good damage, but many other things do much better damage now, with much better control, and it also has low survivability. Unholy is in even worse shape because ghouls die so fast. In a hybrid dominated environment, blood is the only DK spec that measures up in self sufficiency. That said, you can still get some entertainment out of any of them, and in a decent group that doesn't leave you out to dry, you can still tear things up as frost. Arena is pathetic right now in general so I won't bother commenting on it. It's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    Oddly enough I hate frost but love Blood and Unholy
    U are not alone. My unholy dps is just too good for me. And I am talking abt a few BoEs and 1 more piece to compensate fr the expertise.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I type /who death knight and i get a list of the death knights on... i find one near me and that's how i find death knights.

Quote Originally Posted by grakes View Post
    I type /who death knight and i get a list of the death knights on... i find one near me and that's how i find death knights.
    Thank you so much! Gonna try that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KlayzZ View Post
    Thank you so much! Gonna try that!
    It works really well, trust me.

Death Knight are pretty squishy ATM in PvP.
    There isn't a whole lot we can do vs Melee classes. They all out class us, we might put out more damage, but damage isn't everything when you can't get out of CC or cast any yourself. Disarms and Silence wrecks our class.
    I would say we can at least do some damage to Ranged, but frost mages and druids have so much CC that its hard to get to them. Hunters are obviously broken at the moment, but if you can some how get their pets out of the way they go down pretty easy.

Our heals aren't that great either, 3% at the cost of runic power or blowing a two minute cooldown in which the battle will most likely be over.

All in all I'd put Frost DK's somewhere in the middle/lower end of the pack. We obviously aren't the worst, Rogues in general aren't that great. I don't seem to have to much trouble with Shammies either. Locks have huge health pools, but go down pretty easy if you can keep them down. I'd put pallys around the same place as DKs.

Tanking is quite fun. We are quite good self healers + if you can do it throwing your DC at a ally to help is good... PvP idk... been on a boomkin
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got around to finish leveling a DK after probably a dozen attempts and I must say I'm glad I finally did, because I love my DK. The Frost DPS rotation is a little simplistic, yet I enjoy it so much especially since it feels a little more natural (at least that's my opinion). HB is awesome, not only is it a great AOE tool but the range allows you some leeway in your positioning (melee sucks on certain fights where enemies are just out of reach, even for a few seconds but you can spam HB in these situations). I'm constantly competing for top dps, even against better geared players.

As for tanking, deathgrip is fantastic for positioning groups (I assume gorefiend's grasp is awesome as well, but personally have yet to get my DK to 90 to try it) and I love DnD because you can place it a decent distance away to pickup adds or just to start building that threat. The self healing is awesome too, hence why we make the best solo artists.

Finally PVP, although I can kick out some massive DPS as frost I do feel really squishy. Blood can survive a long time but you don't dish out much damage. I'm a healer at heart so I tend to jump on my druid or priest for random BGs, and only take my DK in once in a while but I'm not that big of a PVPer.

Probably the best class ever made. Though I want to see unholy spec more competitive.

Deleted
    Everytime I try to play something else, I come back to my dk after I notice whatever else I was trying to play has some serious downsides compared to my dk.

Latest victim was a warrior, where I got pretty annoyed with the amount of cooldowns they have and the many keys you need to press within a gcd distance of eachother, effectively looking like playing a piano. Also, warrior steady damage is utter shit and who the hell pops their cooldowns while questing, for regular mobs ?!