Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    The tracker lists the goblins factions. I had them exalted, then I went to booty bay and killed guards for 30 hours and got honored.
    That's my point you must be exalted with the goblins and have reached honored *don't have to keep it* with the pirates. that is why its best to do the pirates first.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

ok, so if im completely hated with all goblins now, but got honored with pirates what do I do next?

Deleted
    I completed the Insane during Wrath of the Lich King, including a two month long grind for Shen'dralar and a much more difficult time farming herbs and playing the auction house to complete Darkmoon Faire. Of course, my bitterness over how the achievement has been made much easier without a replacement being added is neither here nor there.

With that small rant out of the way, I completed the achievement in very similar manner. I had the goblin factions at exalted due to a completion of 40 factions some time prior. I then dropped that reputation to hated in order to flag the Bloodsails as completed (you can check what has actually been recorded using the script posted earlier in the thread). Following that I completed Shen'dralar, Ravenholdt and finished with Darkmoon Faire.

So long as you have actually completed the goblin factions fully, there is no issue with doing Insane in the Membrane in such a manner.

--

If you are honored with the pirates, and you have confirmed this using the script, you should be able to grind the pirates back up. This should be relatively quick to do given the changes in Cataclysm where you never actually stop earning reputation with one of the goblin factions after they hit revered so long as you farm the pirates in Tanaris.
    Last edited by mmoc695f354894; 2012-10-13 at 03:57 PM.

ok, so if im completely hated with all goblins now, but got honored with pirates what do I do next?
    work to get exalted with all the Goblins.

Some people get exalted with the pirates for the title but aslong as you reach honored with the pirates you are counted for them *u can lose it*

But it is a most to be exalted with the goblins.

Step 1: Reach honored with pirates
    Step 2: Reach Exalted with all goblins *doing this can lower pirate rep but that is fine*
    Step 3: Darkmoon *if you have not done it already*
    Step 4: Profit

This from what i learned when i was trying for insane is the most safe way cause doing goblins first can cause problems. some people have done it the way u did tho im just going on what i learned.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatela View Post
    I completed the Insane during Wrath of the Lich King, including a two month long grind for Shen'dralar and a much more difficult time farming herbs and playing the auction house to complete Darkmoon Faire. Of course, my bitterness over how the achievement has been made much easier without a replacement being added is neither here nor there.

With that small rant out of the way, I completed the achievement in very similar manner. I had the goblin factions at exalted due to a completion of 40 factions some time prior. I then dropped that reputation to hated in order to flag the Bloodsails as completed (you can check what has actually been recorded using the script posted earlier in the thread). Following that I completed Shen'dralar, Ravenholdt and finished with Darkmoon Faire.

So long as you have actually completed the goblin factions fully, there is no issue with doing Insane in the Membrane in such a manner.
    there making a new insane title and achievement which will require the first one to unlock so stop yer whining O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    there making a new insane title and achievement which will require the first one to unlock so stop yer whining O-O
    Hardly whining. Once off would be a rant! Good to know either way.

Just gonna state once I had the goblins exalted the tracker didnt display them, but once I got the pirates honored they came back up on the tracker.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 03:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    work to get exalted with all the Goblins.

Some people get exalted with the pirates for the title but aslong as you reach honored with the pirates you are counted for them *u can lose it*

But it is a most to be exalted with the goblins.

Step 1: Reach honored with pirates
    Step 2: Reach Exalted with all goblins *doing this can lower pirate rep but that is fine*
    Step 3: Darkmoon *if you have not done it already*
    Step 4: Profit

This from what i learned when i was trying for insane is the most safe way cause doing goblins first can cause problems. some people have done it the way u did tho im just going on what i learned.
    Exactly what I did but no title.

Just gonna state once I had the goblins exalted the tracker didnt display them, but once I got the pirates honored they came back up on the tracker.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 03:58 PM ----------

Exactly what I did but no title.
    Did u get exalted with the pirates for the extra little title? just wondering is all.

if you did it the way i posted you should have the achievement u can try calling blizzard and see if they can fix it.

edit: to me your saying you got the goblins exalted then the pirates to honor im telling you to do it the other way around. do pirates first then goblins.

so if I got the pirates now exalted, shall I go back to tanaris and spend 72h there grinding?

Hardly whining. Once off would be a rant! Good to know either way.
    there was a blue post a while back, said they were working on it and wanted ideas about what should be put on it and said it would be added sometime around 5.1/5.2
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

so if I got the pirates now exalted, shall I go back to tanaris and spend 72h there grinding?
    Get the pirates to honored at lease *i would go for exalted so you get the bloodsail title for it* then get the goblins to exalted all of them. doing it in that order should unlock it for you. you may lose honored with the pirates once you work to get the goblins to exalted but that is fine your still counted for the pirates.

You don't need exalted with pirates to get the title, just doing the quest at honored.
    It is confusing: hearing GMs with all different views; yes, you must have them at that standing all at once; no, you can drop your Bloodsail rep to get goblins up again and still get it; no, as long as you had reached those standings in your playtime at least once then it's fine.
    Best to play it safe and suck it up and grind those pirates near Ratchet. If you're ranged it should be more tolerable rather than a melee.

Deleted
    Weird. I did this in cata, first the rogue faction to exalted, then the goblins to exalted, then the pirates, then I got the goblins back from hated to neutral with the cloth quests and then darkmoon. Worked fine. No need to keep goblins at exalted or pirates at honored.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The order is irrelevant, all exalted record, however, you appear never to have gotten exalted with Bloodsail, that's your issue. Honored isn't enough.

Stood in the Fire masterdisaster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Always take what a GM says with a grain of salt. They can be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    the same way a person can post on a thread but never read what its about or the details of it even if its not longer then 1 page yet.
    You do realise that he said that he was not granted the title? That is my point exactly, he did not meet the requirements and didn't get anything for it. The only issue here is the GM not knowing what he is talking about.

Deleted
    Mudor dont listen to them, the achievement is in fact buggy. eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5207535578

You dont need all reptuations at the same time but as of 5.0.4 this seems to be buggy.

I had the same problem as you, i reached honored with the bloodsail pirates and the achievement tracker showed it as done. But after I turned in some cloth quests for the goblin factions, my bloodsail reputation dropped to unfriendly and the achievement tracker showed the bloodsailpart as undone!

Keep up and i hope the GMs can help you out!

Quote Originally Posted by mag07 View Post
    The order is irrelevant, all exalted record, however, you appear never to have gotten exalted with Bloodsail, that's your issue. Honored isn't enough.
    You only need Honored with the Bloodsail unless it's been changed, and wowpedia hasn't been updated.

He said he had Exalted with the neutral goblins, then went for Honored with the Bloodsail. (despite his response to Jtbrig - the order Jtbrig posted is the important part). It's a pain to be hated by goblins all over the world, so worth dooming that rep prior to aiming for Exalted, plus, you'll have the quests available to you to help get the rep with them up as well. If you do the quests and Exalted prior to the Bloodsail, the grind back up is even more ridiculous.

It's been hours, and while I don't know if he's logged or not, he's still showing as Revered with Darkmoon to me. Less than 1300 away from Exalted, but still not actually Exalted yet.

Whether he gets Exalted with Bloodsail or stays at Honored, he's still going to be stuck doing "72 hours" of pirate killing if he has to get his Steamwheedle back up to Exalted.

I know they mentioned that the achieve would remember your Bloodsail rep, but it was murky as to whether it would remember your goblin rep. The vast majority of the people I've encountered who worked toward the Insane did research and chose to finish their pirate rep first, then worked goblin back up - it was more efficient, and (particularly since the Cata quest re-set) meant you could use the goblin quests around the world to help punch your goblin rep back up a bit more quickly than 2-5 rep per kill in a far off land.

It's a simple matter of mindless pirate justice at this point. My last leg was Shen'dralar, and I'm still biased against any kind of in game diamond today.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    You do realise that he said that he was not granted the title? That is my point exactly, he did not meet the requirements and didn't get anything for it. The only issue here is the GM not knowing what he is talking about.
    There is always that chance that it bugged. there has been some achievement bugs since they went account wide "not many but a few". So the smart comment was not really needed he came here for help to figure out why he didn't get the achievement. He also said he got those reps so that is what we had to go on to help him.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 10:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    Snip
    Ya like i posted when i was trying for it i kep reading you should do pirates first then goblins cause u can lose honor with pirates and be fine as long as u got it but with goblins its a must to have exalted. I'm sure things changed a little since i tryed for it *back in cata* but its the more safe way.

Also since u can only do the goblin rep quests once its smarter to save them for when u need to bring yourself up from hated rep after grinding for the bloosail.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-10-13 at 10:11 PM.

Of course, my bitterness over how the achievement has been made much easier without a replacement being added is neither here nor there.
    Maybe you'll feel slightly less bitter knowing that everyone who farmed DMF up to exalted before Inscription was added worked considerably harder than you or I had to.