Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Its unbelievable when people cry at the LFR raid chat every-effing single time why they didnt get loot. I dont know how they managed to think that they would get a guaranteed drop from every lockout.
    The new loot system is substantially better than what it was before. If you dont understand how it works I would suggest searching for the blue posts related to the matter. The system got couple flaws in it but works still better than the old one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    The new LFR system is just failure?
    RNG does not make something a failure.

From LFR, you're also getting acquainted with mechanics and raiding in general.

Based on your definite proof: 1 week experience and only 3 bosses...
    Let me tell you about my experience:
    I used 3 coins on LFR got nothing
    However I used 2 coins 2 weeks in a row on sha and got 2p:
    So:
    lfr drops nothing, Sha has a 100% of giving set!! woot!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is arguably the most fair system WoW has implemented to date. You aren't rolling against someone else whom the item might not even be itemized for (like hunters needing on strength bows/guns/crossbows pre-5.0) and you're not watching that same damn cloth chestpiece drop every week, making you lose out on any good loot the boss drops for you. You also aren't risking biased raid leads master-looting the best upgrades to their inner circle, leaving the rest of the raid shit out of luck until it's time to hand out the table scraps.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    World of Lootwhores! "Buhu I had 5 of those damn bags and nothing in them!" Yeah, so? You Think that out of 25 people you should have a 20% chance of getting loot on each boss? Come on, seriously.

You guys who are saying the chance is the same clearly don't understand maths. It's NOT the same. Items had a percent chance to drop previously and now you have a percent chance to win an item. Last I recall it could be a duplicate item or an item you don't want. I have the Conquest pvp shoulders and won the LFR shoulders off Spiritbinder. If those had dropped like in the previous LFR loot system, I would have passed on them or hit the DE button. The overall chance of getting the item or items you want is a lot smaller now than it was. I dislike the new system because it doesn't give you a choice in whether or not you want the item. It just gives it to you and wastes and item 'win' when it could have went to someone else. This of course assumes that when the boss dies, there is a certain number of items that are 'won' (5 items).

The only real plus side is that I won't have to do LFR after this tier, if I continue to play, because they're making the gear worse than heroic ilvl. So I won't have to worry or care about LFR until the next expansion.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 12:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phreddy View Post
    World of Lootwhores! "Buhu I had 5 of those damn bags and nothing in them!" Yeah, so? You Think that out of 25 people you should have a 20% chance of getting loot on each boss? Come on, seriously.
    According to the maths and examples it IS 20% chance at an item. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    Try 5%

You preferred losing your loot to someone with heroic gear I assume ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Anyone know the drop rate of the loots?
    Supposedly around 15%.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I much prefer the new system. It cuts ninjas out of the picture and I actually got healing feet this week, even though I had the normal ones but still!

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I had 3 drops this last LFR. 3 tanking pieces, true (I do have a tanking offspec), but still, 3 pieces. It's just RNG.
    I call BS unless you queued up as a tank. I ran LFR with 5 on my toons 1 tank, 3 dps with tank os and a healer. Not once did any of my toons get gear for their os. LFR only drops gear for your current spec you went in with.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 05:23 PM ----------

You guys who are saying the chance is the same clearly don't understand maths. It's NOT the same. Items had a percent chance to drop previously and now you have a percent chance to win an item. Last I recall it could be a duplicate item or an item you don't want. I have the Conquest pvp shoulders and won the LFR shoulders off Spiritbinder. If those had dropped like in the previous LFR loot system, I would have passed on them or hit the DE button. The overall chance of getting the item or items you want is a lot smaller now than it was. I dislike the new system because it doesn't give you a choice in whether or not you want the item. It just gives it to you and wastes and item 'win' when it could have went to someone else. This of course assumes that when the boss dies, there is a certain number of items that are 'won' (5 items).

The only real plus side is that I won't have to do LFR after this tier, if I continue to play, because they're making the gear worse than heroic ilvl. So I won't have to worry or care about LFR until the next expansion.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 12:35 PM ----------

I thought I read a blue saying the chances of any one person in LFR or world boss group getting loot is around 15%. There could be some cases where everyone gets loot and a chance no one gets loot. this system is a lot better and should be implemented on non fully premade LFD runs as well.

/takes a bomb
    /throws it at MMO posters who whine due to no loot for them

Oi, try raiding in Vanilla/TBC before Valor(Justice) points were added.

While i'd like to jump on the bandwagon of "wrathbabies"" I won't... Seriously, what game have you ever played that gives rewards for you just logging in( per se) You wanna win at this game, put in some goddamn effort.

Blizzard are trying their best to cater for the 10 MILLION PEOPLE that play this game, LFR was quite welcome for us casuals.... Just because you didn't get a drop you could use for your toon, you proceed to start whinging. Hah... least you cant ninja stuff with this new style of looting Blizz has provided... or let me guess, you might moan about that too?
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

Deleted
    I like the new system. It took me 15 consecutive onyxia runs back in vanilla to get my t2 helm to drop. Don't think that's any better.

My issue is the paltry reward you get when your extra roll fails. 28g for a elder charm is gay. A failed roll should be like 100g. I also think implementing a stack 5% buff that increases your roll chance would be nice.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    My issue is the paltry reward you get when your extra roll fails. 28g for a elder charm is gay. A failed roll should be like 100g. I also think implementing a stack 5% buff that increases your roll chance would be nice.
    Again..(Though not to the OP) You want something for raiding cos you didn't get loot?
    Raiding used to be about gathering team-mates so you could kill a boss and "possibly" have a chance on loot. Just cos you killed that particular boss does NOT entitle you to anything. You want a higher percentage of gold as the boss didn't drop anything you could use? Look at the bigger picture mate, please do...
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

All this based on 1.. count it ONE LFR since Mop broke. LFR shouldn't even drop loot imo since its little more than a target dummy that moves and acts like raid bosses.
    LFR is the special olympics of WoW.. everybody is a winner. Consider how lucky you are at being able to get a chance for loot at all (better than heroic) from this hollow roller coaster ride through raiding. Nuf said

Can LFR loot still be traded with others in the raid group?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no such thing as "wasting" another person's roll. Everyone rolls individually. One person winning gear has no bearing on anyone else's chances to win gear. It's possible for all 25 people to win (just very, very unlikely).

Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    Can LFR loot still be traded with others in the raid group?
    No, it is soulbound with no window to trade.

It's great, although it would be nice if you've received an item that you don't really need, to be able to give it or trade it with others
    "In space, no one can hear you unless you scream!"

Quote Originally Posted by Riftcrusher View Post
    It's great, although it would be nice if you've received an item that you don't really need, to be able to give it or trade it with others
    Then we'll go back to what happened in 4.3 where when you won an item and were immediately bombed with 4 different people's sob story of how they needed the item over you.