Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Read my posts again and you'll find all you're looking for.
    I was discussing style with a gentleman before you stormed in ignoring what we were talking about.
    Not once I said gathering to the Chinese market is bad.
    You, sir, are COMPLETELY wrong and I suggest, if you have a tiny bit of dignity, to apologise for the horrible things you accused me of and leave the discussion the two of us are having.
    You did not say it out loud but the way you where expressing yourself kinda hints at it. About Mop catering the chinese market you know little about what Asians want in a mmo as well. If it truly catered to Asia there would be at least 10 times more grind in the game, Not to mention the Asians are on a different subscription model then EU/US.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    Hahah, oh man good one OP! nearly had my soda come out my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    There is more then just the vrykuls based upon norse lore in northrend, a lot more.
    You would agree with me that not all of northrend is based on Norse lore

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 07:31 PM ----------

You did not say it out loud but the way you where expressing yourself kinda hints at it. About Mop catering the chinese market you know little about what Asians want in a mmo as well. If it truly catered to Asia there would be at least 10 times more grind in the game, Not to mention the Asians are on a different subscription model then EU/US.
    Yeh before heavy accusations are thrown is wise to make sure the target really means what YOU think he means.

You would agree with me that not all of northrend is based on Norse lore
    Neither is all of pandaria based on Asia.

For me it's personally my favourite since TBC and even at that I haven't been as addicted to a game in ages. Thankfully that is slowly dying off, hard to believe only 2.5wks have passed. Let's just hope it keeps going good
    Proud Moderator of Raids and Dungeons.
    "You face not the Mod Hammer alone, but the infractions I command."

I don't expect good reviews for MMO's from places where they take about, a day or two to review the damn thing? Probably have not hit level 90, probably have no intention, probably don't run dungeons or raids or anything like that, just doing quest and that's about it. I am not defending the game nor the critics. But I will respect the game in that it did try to add more things to do at max level. Instead of the same ol grind for badges in PvE or PvP, granted the new things will get old after awhile, as they always do, and we'll go back to farming and stuff. I think it's a better expansion than cata, but then again, the expansion just came out, we've got some major patches to go through before we can judge the entire expansion. Since Cata was amazing before 4.1. After promises were broken or not lived up to, things started to go downhill pretty baddly, especially nerfing heroic dungeons that were just perfect in difficulty.

What do I care what critics think.

Neither is all of pandaria based on Asia.
    The vast majority is.
    Not that is bad mind you.
    But (going back to what all this started off) style wise I just find it less interesting than lets say northrend.

The vast majority is.
    But (going back to what all this started off) style wise I just find it less interesting than lets say northrend.
    It's just that you don't like Asia theme. Pandaria is just much visually better than NR imo. I don't like Norse theme of WotLK too.

Who the hell listens to critics, they talk garbage 80% of the time, and the remaining 20% of the time theyre talking shit.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    It was downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogamer etc.

downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogame etc

expert critics e.g. IGN
    Yeah, about that...

Read my posts again and you'll find all you're looking for.
    I was discussing style with a gentleman before you stormed in ignoring what we were talking about.
    Not once I said gathering to the Chinese market is bad.
    Sure you did;
    Please do not even compare.
    Stylewise mop is the equivalent of bending over, taking Down Your pants and shouting WELCOME IN!! to the Chinese market
    Perhaps the issue is that I AM reading your posts?

You, sir, are COMPLETELY wrong and I suggest, if you have a tiny bit of dignity, to apologise for the horrible things you accused me of and leave the discussion the two of us are having.
    You're still avoiding answering the question. I didn't accuse you of anything, I said I couldn't see any other explanation. Rather than provide it, you've simply gone with a "well, I NEVER" response and avoided explaining yourself.

Yes, MoP is heavily influenced by Chinese style and mythology. Nobody's disputed this. The issue is, you've stated this as a negative, objectively. I'm pointing out that the only reasons to objectively state that are founded in prejudice. If there's another reason you can justify, explain it. But, as I've cited twice, you also compared this stylistic choice, to paraphrase you slightly, to getting fucked by the Chinese market. It's rather galling that you're now attempting to take the high ground and act as if I'm the one giving offense for calling you out on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    It's just that you don't like Asia theme. Pandaria is just much visually better than NR imo. I don't like Norse theme of WotLK too.
    But that's exactly my point.
    If you base the look of something (we're talking style, i like how mop is evolving lorewise and mechanics wise) on a single source, you are due to be criticised by the ones that arent pleased by that particular source.
    Unlike northrend where you had a good few pots to drink from.

It seems that on top of being a terrible place to get people's impression of things anyway, metacritic has this tendency to rate the previous WoW expansion. Even some of the comments admit "Yeah I haven't played MoP but it sounded terrible so I'm giving it a 1/10"
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'm probably the nicest person on this whole damned forum, and you can make a sig from that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TZK203 View Post
    Just have a sig that says "I'm Batman."

The vast majority is.
    A big part of Northrend was norse mythology. Pretty much everything with the titans and the vrykul. Sholazar basin, storm peaks, utgarde and the howling fjord. Lots of vrykul structures in icecrown. Thorim and Loken. Frost giants. It's all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Sure you did;

Perhaps the issue is that I AM reading your posts?

You're still avoiding answering the question. I didn't accuse you of anything, I said I couldn't see any other explanation. Rather than provide it, you've simply gone with a "well, I NEVER" response and avoided explaining yourself.

Yes, MoP is heavily influenced by Chinese style and mythology. Nobody's disputed this. The issue is, you've stated this as a negative, objectively. I'm pointing out that the only reasons to objectively state that are founded in prejudice. If there's another reason you can justify, explain it. But, as I've cited twice, you also compared this stylistic choice, to paraphrase you slightly, to getting fucked by the Chinese market. It's rather galling that you're now attempting to take the high ground and act as if I'm the one giving offense for calling you out on that.
    Look, you are talking to the wrong person. You aren't calling anyone out on anything, my posts are kind of clear on what I meant. Anyone that wants to read them would understand where I was coming from.
    You are, again, completely off the track, accusing me of racism when we're discussing some game's STYLE (read this sentence again and find out how ridiculous it sounds).
    I will not reply to you like you want me to and "defend" myself cause I have nothing to be "accused" of.
    Admit it man, you got it wrong.
    Even the great endus can get it wrong sometimes

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 07:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    A big part of Northrend was norse mythology. Pretty much everything with the titans and the vrykul. Sholazar basin, storm peaks, utgarde and the howling fjord. Lots of vrykul structures in icecrown. Thorim and Loken. Frost giants. It's all over the place.
    Man we're talking style not lore. You're telling me that style wise sholazar basin is influenced by Norse landscapes?!

Look, you are talking to the wrong person. You aren't calling anyone out on anything, my posts are kind of clear on what I meant. Anyone that wants to read them would understand where I was coming from.
    You are, again, completely off the track, accusing me of racism when we're discussing some game's STYLE (read this sentence again and find out how ridiculous it sounds).
    It's not ridiculous at all. You claimed the style was objectively bad because it's too Chinese. That's a statement which is prejudicial.
    I will not reply to you like you want me to and "defend" myself cause I have nothing to be "accused" of.
    You're still not answering the question. You've stated some really offensive things. You don't get to act offended that I called you out on being offensive, and thereby avoid being called out.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's not ridiculous at all. You claimed the style was objectively bad because it's too Chinese. That's a statement.
    Please quote me on that

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 07:56 PM ----------

Man we're talking style not lore. You're telling me that style wise sholazar basin is influenced by Norse landscapes?!
    Chill dude, it's connected to titans. And the titan constructs in Northrend are based on norse gods. What exactly are norse "landscapes", anyway.

Please quote me on that
    It's like you think your posts aren't there and easily visible to anyone;

Stylewise mop is the equivalent of bending over, taking Down Your pants and shouting WELCOME IN!! to the Chinese market.
    Basing your 12 millions subs giant colossal mmo ENTIRELY on a single theme is not called parody. It's called marketing. Also, parodies? The npcs dialogues seem written by the Chinese tourism association. What are you on about.
    Listen, we're all playing mop, and you can think whatever you want. But EVERYTHING, from critters, to mobs, to plants and trees, landscapes, npcs, architecture, stories is HEAVILY based on Chinese folklore.
    These are objective statements you are making as if they were fact, rather than personal preference.