Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
23
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-review-scores

    The results were indisputable, most people predicted MoP would score 90-94%.

    Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria

    It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

    I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.

    EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.

    You actually needed a poll to tell you that Panda expansion was/is crap? WoW did boost back up to 10 million players for the initial first couple months upon release, but give it a few more and see how many people are still sticking with it.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Chill dude, it's connected to titans. And the titan constructs in Northrend are based on norse gods. What exactly are norse "landscapes", anyway.
    Connected lorewise. Sorry mate but if you don't know what exactly i am talking about, why would you reply to me?
    No offence meant.
    And you quoted me on the big post too. That wasn't referred to you man sorry.

  3. #243
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere bright.
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-review-scores

    The results were indisputable, most people predicted MoP would score 90-94%.

    Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria

    It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

    I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.

    EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    It has been proven many times over that Metacritic scores are meaningless. Bad games get great Critic reviews all the time on that site.

  4. #244
    Immortal Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Connected lorewise. Sorry mate but if you don't know what exactly i am talking about, why would you reply to me?
    No offence meant.
    And you quoted me on the big post too. That wasn't referred to you man sorry.
    You still have not explained what you mean by norse landscapes? Snow?
    What are asian landscapes? Cherry Blossom trees? Then the only thing in MoP that looks like asia is Jade Forest.

    And in the bit I quoted you did not specify you were talking about "landscapes".

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's like you think your posts aren't there and easily visible to anyone;




    These are objective statements you are making as if they were fact, rather than personal preference.
    Not ONCE I said all of this is bad in any of my posts. That's where you got it wrong.

    NOT ONCE.

  6. #246
    all these MoP judgement threads are wreaking havoc on my popcorn supplies... anyone else notice they are running out more often?

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    You still have not explained what you mean by norse landscapes? Snow?
    What are asian landscapes? Cherry Blossom trees? Then the only thing in MoP that looks like asia is Jade Forest.
    Don't play stupid man. I might fall for it

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    phew its only what 21 critics think...most of which i've never heard of...good things millions of players not rating it are just playing it instead.

    including me....logging onto wow right...........now!
    ^this this this!

    21 critics over what.. millions of players? Truely a .... respectful sample *cough cough*

    Personally i liked it (except for easier heroics than Cata). I didnt play it much tho because i already lost the ''WoW Flame'' mid cata. What i played of MoP tho was really fun.... id say better than Cata.

  9. #249
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    20,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Not ONCE I said all of this is bad in any of my posts. That's where you got it wrong.

    NOT ONCE.
    Except in the quote I've linked three times where you equated it to getting screwed.

  10. #250
    Immortal Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Don't play stupid man. I might fall for it
    I think you're the one playing stupid.

  11. #251
    It's a known fact that many people gave it a low score "just because". IE People who think Mists is Pokemon and pandas or people who just hated Cata, so just threw out a bad score etc. IGN gave it a very fair and unbiased review. That is what I look for what I read reviews and big name sites are what I pay a lot more attention to. It doesn't mean they know what's better, but they tend to usually be a lot more unbiased. JMO. If you like the game, play it. And you should. It's great. Best expansion since BC in my eyes.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    It's a known fact that many people gave it a low score "just because". IE People who think Mists is Pokemon and pandas or people who just hated Cata, so just threw out a bad score etc. IGN gave it a very fair and unbiased review. That is what I look for what I read reviews and big name sites are what I pay a lot more attention to. It doesn't mean they know what's better, but they tend to usually be a lot more unbiased. JMO. If you like the game, play it. And you should. It's great. Best expansion since BC in my eyes.
    Thumbs up,

    better expansion since BC. PANDA haters gonna hate! (pokemon haters too).

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I think you're the one playing stupid.
    If you want to get back to what were discussing you're welcome to do so. I lack time, terminology, and willpower to explain what I meant in the post which i think It's not that hard to understand.

  14. #254
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,559
    Metacritic is a very unreliable source, many people run around and dislike popular things like WoW on there because they're haters. Even your ''respected critics'' do that. Also, I find it funny that you list IGN as a respected critic.

    Not that anyone should care about what some stupid critic says anyways, people these days are always hypnotized by the ''professional reviewers'', people can't make their own opinions anymore, they need a validation that their opinion is the right one, which is stupid as fuck. People should try and make up their own opinion instead of looking at stupid reviews, they never do any good.

    In my opinion MoP is thus far much better than Wrath, not as good as Cata was at this point, but if it keeps going on like this it'll definately win over Cata.
    Last edited by MasterOfKnees; 2012-10-13 at 07:17 PM.

  15. #255
    Titan Synthaxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rotherham, England/UK
    Posts
    12,996
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    It was downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogamer etc.
    And yet, the "rating" of a game is still just an opinion, no matter who it comes from. "Expert Critic" is somewhat of a silly thing to refer to them because criticism is always opinion based. You're basically saying their opinion is of more value than anyone elses. On simple basis, this is impossible because the opinions doesn't override my opinion of it and thus their rating is a pointless dick-waving just to say "LOOK! IM IN IGN! MY WORD IS LAW!".

    My criticism says that the expansion is one of the best to date at least judging from the little we've experienced so far. So, hardly criticism as you might expect.

    Honestly, just because someone is "from IGN or Eurogamer", it does not give their opinion any more value than even the posters of this forum.

    Not to mention, Metacritic has ALWAYS been laughed at by any "serious gamer".
    Coder, Gamer - Thoughtcloud | NEW SITE: IOCube| Node.js Monkey | #Error418MasterRace
    Knows: Node.js, JS, JQuery, HTML, CSS, Object Pascal, PHP, WQL/SQL, Ruby

    PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    And yet, the "rating" of a game is still just an opinion, no matter who it comes from. "Expert Critic" is somewhat of a silly thing to refer to them because criticism is always opinion based. You're basically saying their opinion is of more value than anyone elses. On simple basis, this is impossible because the opinions doesn't override my opinion of it and thus their rating is a pointless dick-waving just to say "LOOK! IM IN IGN! MY WORD IS LAW!".

    My criticism says that the expansion is one of the best to date at least judging from the little we've experienced so far. So, hardly criticism as you might expect.

    Honestly, just because someone is "from IGN or Eurogamer", it does not give their opinion any more value than even the posters of this forum.

    Not to mention, Metacritic has ALWAYS been laughed at by any "serious gamer".
    ^ THIS

    Hell yeah, as i said few posts ago. 21/millions of players is a respectful sample! *cough* *cough*

    Just like beauty, games are about personal tastes! You like it or you dont, opinions arent facts.

  17. #257
    Immortal Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    If you want to get back to what were discussing you're welcome to do so. I lack time, terminology, and willpower to explain what I meant in the post which i think It's not that hard to understand.
    you're the one getting off-topic and avoiding answering my question
    try to discuss things like a grown-up if you come here

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-review-scores

    The results were indisputable, most people predicted MoP would score 90-94%.

    Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria

    It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

    I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.

    EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    I'm glad you got such a huge slice of the population (.00206%) of World of Warcraft to take your poll! It speaks volumes about how much weight your thorough and objective study holds.

    Also, the 'expert critics' you spoke of are dogshit. A slice of bologna left out in the sun could come up with less biased reviews.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-review-scores

    The results were indisputable, most people predicted MoP would score 90-94%.

    Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria

    It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

    I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.

    EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion
    This is nonsense. "Factual" and "Quality" are mutually exclusive. You're trying to argue a qualitative judgement with quantitative evidence. If it was even possible to "factually" assess the merits of a game, we wouldn't need multiple reviewers with multiple viewpoints. We'd just have one guy.

    No single person has exactly the same tastes as anyone else. Different reviewers come up with different ratings, criticize and praise different aspects of each game. No matter how much you try to apply math and the scientific method to qualitative judgement, you'll only ever be wasting your time.

    For all this effort, you've shown that 21 people rated the game at an average of 83%. That data can't be extrapolated to posit anything else. It proves only what those 21 people thought of it. Will my enjoyment of the game be lessened in anyway by this? Not a chance. Would someone who dislikes a game be convinced to like it by high review scores? Not a chance on that one either.

    At the end of the day, you have your opinion about the game. It would save you (and everyone else) a great deal of time if you just accepted that. Your opinion is not a fact, any more than mine or anyone else's could be. You can throw around all the numbers you want to try and change that, but I'm sorry, it's not going to happen. That's not how opinions work. Accept that, and move on.

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Except in the quote I've linked three times where you equated it to getting screwed.
    Jesus Christ you just don't get it do you.

    You might not know it but that's a figurative speech (bending over to someone) that doesn't mean "getting screwed". It means "offering yourself". Want me to make you a drawing?

    Again, in all my posts I never said once it "objectively looks bad".
    FIRST I always clarified it was my opinion, and SECOND I went as far as saying that "TO ME it looks less interesting".

    You talked about racism, jingoism, personal agenda...
    Do you realise how ridiculous all of this sounds?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •