Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Jesus Christ you just don't get it do you.

You might not know it but that's a figurative speech (bending over to someone) that doesn't mean "getting screwed". It means "offering yourself". Want me to make you a drawing?
    That's why it's not an implication of rape. You're still offering yourself for a screwing. That's the entire purpose of that crude sexual metaphor.

You talked about racism, jingoism, personal agenda...
    Do you realise how ridiculous all of this sounds?
    No more ridiculous than the guy who'd have preferred a different aesthetic and decided to suggest that his personal preferences therefore mean that Blizzard is offering itself as a sexual "bottom" to the Chinese market.

And yes, it's probably your personal opinion, but opinions absolutely can be racist; that's not a defense.

Deleted
    And what does your piece of data do anyway? I continue playing.

Deleted
    This community is fantastic in refusing to accept any evidence.
    The expansion sells less than any previous one? It's still a lot of people and it doesn't matter lol
    The expansion gets harsh comments from thousands of players on almost any gaming related website? They are all haters, they mean nothing lol
    The expansion gets lower ratings from critics than any previous one? First the answers pretend we are talking about player reviews and then "professional reviews are all crap lol"

Nobody says that you are not entitled to still like then game and all that jazz. That's obvious. But dismissing as non-existent or non-sense everything which doesn't match with your gut feelings is really, really scary. If this is your average ability to deal with reality, good luck with adult life...

10+ Year Old Account
    It means concerning only the way it looks, it looks as if it was created by the Chinese embassy. There is nothing wrong nor racist in saying "Chinese" you know?
    Stop nitpicking.
    There's something wrong or racist in saying that it looks as if it were created by the Chinese embassy, and then implying that this is "bad", though.

Just like how saying "you look Chinese" isn't usually insulting, but "man, you look way too Chinese for me, gross" is racist as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgash View Post
    And what does your piece of data do anyway? I continue playing.
    /end thread

Deleted
    Sad,cause you are bad in WoW you want the game to end.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-review-scores

The results were indisputable, most people predicted MoP would score 90-94%.

Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria

It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.

EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    Did you even take the time to read what the "21 critics" wrote about the expansion? From what I gather from a quick glance is that they all believe it is a good expansion with a few short falls in some areas. Going by a score reminds me of WRATH when GS became such a big deal. Overall I think this expansion is great. Of course that is my opinion.

Deleted
    There isn't an answer, cause it isn't a question.
    There is a question but you are only saying this because you can not provide a answer.

Well I don't put any stock whatsoever in reviews, but as a PvPer I'm definitely enjoying this the least of any expansion so far. WoW has gotten worse every single expansion in that regard, but this is finally the tipping point for me. The balance is beyond laughable. It's never been good, and no MMO really has competitive, skill based PvP, but this is pathetic. My PvE playing friends seem to be enjoying themselves though, and since that's the meat of the game, it can't be considered a total flop. I sometimes wish I could get into PvE, but I can't stand the mentality of the people I've been grouped up with, treating it like it's a job. That's a community issue though, not a game issue, so I can't hold that against WoW itself. But still, for my purposes each expansion has been worse than the one before it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mic129 View Post
    /end thread
    God forbid that what the world outside of your basement thinks and says may deserve 5 seconds of consideration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's why it's not an implication of rape. You're still offering yourself for a screwing. That's the entire purpose of that crude sexual metaphor.

No more ridiculous than the guy who'd have preferred a different aesthetic and decided to suggest that his personal preferences therefore mean that Blizzard is offering itself as a sexual "bottom" to the Chinese market.

And yes, it's probably your personal opinion, but opinions absolutely can be racist; that's not a defense.
    Is it racist to think that a successful company might think about expanding on a 2 bn people large market that is improving economically in a drastic way?

Please man, you got it completely wrong off the start. Read your first post again. Its insulting as hell. personal insults thrown around randomly. you want me to quote you?
    You can't turn it around, never did I mean any of my comments to be racist as I was discussing something's style. De gustibus non disputandum est.
    you would have understood if you bothered reading it.

Critics also failed Star Wars, Star Trek and Indiana Jones. Critics are just more opinions, and the worst kind, the ones that don't appreciate the things they critique in the first place. It would be kinda like having a coke addict give me reviews on movies that he went to then spent the whole night in the bathroom vomiting. not reliable.

10+ Year Old Account
    You lost any credibility by calling that factual data.

10+ Year Old Account
    The increase in subs kinda makes this irrelevant. And yes, lol metacritic.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBacon View Post
    Aw, welp. I thought I was having fun but I guess this expansion is pretty bad. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
    I know right? I thought that this was better then cata at the very least, and I didn't mind cata! But I guess if a bunch of "Critics" say it's bad it must be.

Deleted
    You? We? Read again it says STYLEWISE. It means concerning only the way it looks, it looks as if it was created by the Chinese embassy. There is nothing wrong nor racist in saying "Chinese" you know?
    Stop nitpicking.[
    It has nothing to do with whether, it's stylewise or anything else. You were basically saying we are bending over and they are shoving asia up our - whatever. And that's a negative connotation. You were saying before that you didn't say it was a bad thing. But the image you painted is clearly negative.

There isn't an answer, cause it isn't a question.
    Again, what is norse landscape to you?
    Describe it.

Snow, glaciers? Viking ships?
    Northrend had lots of that.

Dragonblight, Borean and Fjord, Icecrown and Stormpeaks.

What is asian landscape?
    What is asian about the landscape in Pandaria?

Jade Forest, sure. Bamboo, cherry blossom trees. Maybe a bit of Kunlai and Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
    But beyond that?

Krasarang looks like a jungle. Valley of the Four Winds is farmland that reminded me of zones like Arathi. Townlong Steppes doesn't remind me of asian landscape one bit. Dread Wastes is a dark bug-infested zone. What's asian in there?

There is more norse "landscape" in Northrend than there is asian in Pandaria.

Of course MoP is heavily based on asian culture. But just in terms of landscape. Not that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool.
    I'd love to stay and argue with you but its about time i do some dailies and some heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it racist to think that a successful company might think about expanding on a 2 bn people large market that is improving economically in a drastic way?

Please man, you got it completely wrong off the start. Read your first post again. Its insulting as hell. personal insults thrown around randomly. you want me to quote you?
    You can't turn it around, never did I mean any of my comments to be racist as I was discussing something's style. De gustibus non disputandum est.
    you would have understood if you bothered reading it.
    You don't get to claim your argument is solely about personal taste when you're suggesting that the marketing team of Blizzard deliberately tuned the aesthetics to appeal to a market, and that this decision was "bad".

I don't have any issues with personal taste differences. I think TBC was, aesthetically speaking, a hodgepodge of completely disconnected zones (stylistically speaking), and the item skins were some of the worst the game has ever seen. You liked it, apparently. I haven't brought it up before now, because that's just a personal taste difference.

The other stuff that I AM calling out isn't about personal taste, so stop attacking a straw man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    There is a question but you are only saying this because you can not provide a answer.
    This is getting philosophic. What are Norse landscapes?
    A cold raging sea comes to mind, freezing wind swept fields. Anything that would remind the areas of the costs of Northern Europe.

Hence, NOT sholazar basin.

Happy now?

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 08:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    It has nothing to do with whether, it's stylewise or anything else. You were basically saying we are bending over and they are shoving asia up our - whatever. And that's a negative connotation. You were saying before that you didn't say it was a bad thing. But the image you painted is clearly negative.

Again, what is norse landscape to you?
    Describe it.

Snow, glaciers? Viking ships?
    Northrend had lots of that.

Dragonblight, Borean and Fjord, Icecrown and Stormpeaks.

What is asian landscape?
    What is asian about the landscape in Pandaria?

Jade Forest, sure. Bamboo, cherry blossom trees. Maybe a bit of Kunlai and Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
    But beyond that?

Krasarang looks like a jungle. Valley of the Four Winds is farmland that reminded me of zones like Arathi. Townlong Steppes doesn't remind me of asian landscape one bit. Dread Wastes is a dark bug-infested zone. What's asian in there?

There is more norse "landscape" in Northrend than there is asian in Pandaria.

Of course MoP is heavily based on asian culture. But just in terms of landscape. Not that much.
    Yeh yeh ok

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    You lost any credibility by calling that factual data.
    It is a fact that MoP is the worst expansion based on review scores by both users and critics.

Is it a fact that MoP is the worst expansion ever? Of course not.