Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I never said that decision was bad. I said it was more prone to critics. So all your point below and above is wrong again.
    You equated the decision to getting fucked by the Chinese market. Or at least, to take your "correction", to Blizzard offering itself sexually to said market, in hopes of getting fucked. So yes, you did. That idiom is inherently negative. "Bend over and take it" is never used about something good.

Quote Originally Posted by Narfwak View Post
    I quit after Rag blew up FH last year and had zero intention of playing the game until I found out almost all my good friends in FH - who also hadn't planned on playing - had already leveled up for challenge modes. I begrudgingly upgraded as I still had way too much sub time left over from my annual pass + D3 CE months, and I've been very surprised that, for the most part, the expansion is actually pretty fun. The leveling felt good; it took longer than Cataclysm but not as long as WotLK, and it did a much better job of introducing recurring characters and sticking to central story lines than most previous expansions. The reputation/justice/valor reward system is completely retarded, but the dailies themselves are actually pretty fun and I find myself doing a lot of the solo content. The Tiller faction plus the new cooking system really threw me as I hadn't read about that during beta but it's a pretty fun little mini-game and I think adds an interesting new dimension to the economy as well.

Heroic dungeons were too easy, but I think that's mostly a bi-product of there being so few normal difficulty dungeons and the justice point rewards being so dogshit. Raid difficulty seems very, very well tuned, although LFR is such a joke that I actually feel like I'm playing the game worse when I get out of the run and have to un-fuck my thinking so as to actually pay attention to what's going on. Normal modes, though, are almost exactly on the dot - not so hard that it'll take a guild more than a week to clear them with any concerted effort, but not so easy that you can do your first clear in one night without any prior knowledge. I do think the first boss shouldn't be the first boss, as any mechanic that requires that much tank coordination really shouldn't be right out front as the first boss of the first raid of the expansion. I haven't done heroics yet (no one wanted to this week, we're so casualsauce now >_>) but they look to be tuned about where I'd expect them to be.

Challenge modes are really, really cool. I didn't think they'd pull the concept off very well, but they've done a pretty good job. The big issue here is that it makes class balance for five man PvE content a big deal where it hasn't been for a long time, so you do tend to see the same group compositions over and over. Elemental is the amazing bullshit DPS utility class for once, though, so I can't complain. ^____^

All in all? Not disappointed. Well, I am, but in reverse. I kind of wanted my free time because I'm taking classes full-time and this is eating up a lot of my study time. :<
    5.1 also looks to be coming out in about a month, if they keep up with the content releases like that, even if there just small patches with little things i think it will help alot with burnout
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Who in their right minds take MetaCritic seriously?

I can make a game about turd, fork over a few $$$ and BAM, 100/100 gameoftheyear!!!
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

Borean tundra, sholazar, crystal song, dragonblight, Zul drak and grizzly hills. 6/9
    out of that only crystal song and the zul drak arent based on norse mythology

and to be honest can you really count crystal song as a zone? there was nothing there but dalaran no quests no events nothing except for one cooking daily that made you go down there for carrots
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I didn't say sholazar basin looks like "norse landscape". It is connected to the titans, however, whose constructs are based on norse gods. For example Freija played a big part in that zone.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Freya

Ans is based on this beauty here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freyja

However I don't think you're interested in any kind of real discussion. Your last comment at least implicated that.
    Your last post implicated you can't have a serious discussion about it.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:
    EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    Respected people?? those sites are more biased than anything...

The best part about this topic is; nobody cares.

What gamer with respect for himself gives a shit about what a critic says about a game? I think MOP has been the best expansion (so far) since TBC. I may change my mind later on, but I really feel they've gone an extra mile in making the game a little more... mysterious... and less than straight forward, in spite of removing half of the abilities.

Also; the zones look and feel epic, which has been missing since forever.

The low score can just as well be from people who generally dislike the whole asian theme or the Pandaren race. Reviews don't mean anything. Diablo 3 had lots of negative reviews on Amazon simply due to the fact that people couldn't play offline. It doesn't actually mean anything.

And if we're going by that site, Catalcysm had 90, and TBC and WotLK both had 91. Vanilla only ahead by 2% with a score of 93. Does that mean all expansions and Vanilla were pretty much all the same in how good they were. Stuff like that is subjective. Some people think TBC was the best and WotLK was awful. Go ahead and tell those people that they both had the same score, so they must be wrong. It's subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You equated the decision to getting fucked by the Chinese market. Or at least, to take your "correction", to Blizzard offering itself sexually to said market, in hopes of getting fucked. So yes, you did. That idiom is inherently negative. "Bend over and take it" is never used about something good.
    Nope. Still does t make sense. Try again maybe this time it'll work.

At this point, you pretty much confirmed the image I have of you.

At this point, you pretty much confirmed the image I have of you.
    You shouldn't be talking of images when you carry a panda as your avatar.

I bet they all lost a duel against a warrior. This xpack is fine, warriors are no longer cannon fodder. Hooray!

And now you're resorting to "NO U" tactics.

Nope. Still does t make sense. Try again maybe this time it'll work.
    please just stop >_< you said blizz was bending over and letting china screw it.

how is that NOT bad?

You shouldn't be talking of images when you carry a panda as your avatar.
    That's a picture of me.

It was downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogamer etc.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh thats a good one...please tell me more

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And now you're resorting to "NO U" tactics.
    Better than "NO U RACIST". Less offensive.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 09:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    please just stop >_< you said blizz was bending over and letting china screw it.

how is that NOT bad?
    Why bad. They are offering themselves to the Asian market. What's bad in this, they'll be as rich as they have ever been. Seriously guys.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 09:04 PM ----------

That's a picture of me.
    Ah THAT'S why.

For that comeback I offer my hand in peace.

Better than "NO U RACIST". Less offensive.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 09:03 PM ----------

Why bad. They are offering themselves to the Asian market. What's bad in this, they'll be as rich as they have ever been. Seriously guys.
    now you're just blatantly trolling >_<

"blizz is letting china rape them and i dont like it"

"nah i didnt mean that guise they just tryna get da china moniez thas allz"

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.
    Voluntary turn in poll treated as factual
    Did you fail statistics kid?

EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    I am not a racist, I am a melting pot of friendship
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Bows were made for tools of war. They go in the same pot as guns. There is ZERO reason to own a bow in 2014. Tools of war have no place in civilian homes.

This is anecdotal evidence. The figures I've produced have far more credibility.
    The "figures" you're using are user/critic reviews. You don't seem to realize that "people on a website say Mop is the worst expansion" and "my guild loves Mop" are equality valid arguements.