Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Everyone saying metacritic is not factual lol...

It is the best source for an average review from multiple companies, that are allowed into the system after reviewing my administrators.

Each and every review comes from a professional gaming journalist, from a gaming review/journal/magazine.

It is the best place to get a consensual aggregate.

And I would say its pretty accurate, looking at all time scores for most games, Metacritic is probably the best review tool out there.

Here's an idea though. Judge it yourself from the amount of enjoyment YOU get out of it. Not by the sheep following what critics say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Who the fuck cares what these people thing?

Most of those people have hardons for Guild Wars 2 and, if you actually read some of them, fault the game for not being an entirely fucking different game.

MoP has so much content its ridiculous. And if they even add half of the stuff from 5.1 into the game, I am confident in saying that this is already the best expac.
    What you mean like how all the wow fanboys faulted gw2 for not having raids.....bet you were one of them too.

Here's how you decide if MoP is good:

Play it.

End of thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Metacritic.. I'm sorry who are they?

Really I don't tend take heed of just few self opinionated reviews from some narrow minded pigeons
    Metacritic is distilling many critics' voices into the single Metascore, a weighted average of the most respected critics writing reviews online and in print.

Metacritic's mission is to help consumers make an informed decision about how to spend their time and money on entertainment. We believe that multiple opinions are better than one, user voices can be as important as critics, and opinions must be scored to be easy to use.

That's who they are...
    So much for "few self opinionated reviews from narrow minded pigeons", it's actually quite the opposite.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone who posted in this thread, including the OP, read the reviews? Or did you just look at the score?

Every. Single. Review. Is. Positive.

Not only that, but a number of them specifically label this the best expansion to date, beautiful, remarkable scores, terrific voice overs, a masterpiece, ect... How did we get to the conclusion that this is the worst expansion ever from the number 87, which is actually quite high for an expansion of a 9 year old game...
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

You let others decide for you? Good for you I guess, good luck with that.

I have a mind of my own though, and so far this expansion has given me more in less than a month than Cata did in a year.

This expansion is very good in my opinion overall, but the heavy amount of dailies and rep grinding are really deterring me from logging in. That's just my opinion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-review-scores

The results were indisputable, most people predicted MoP would score 90-94%.

Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria

It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.

EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-review-scores

The results were indisputable, most people predicted MoP would score 90-94%.

Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria
    metacritic
    metacritic

I kind of stopped right about there. Metacritic is a horrendous site to base your opinion on, aside from their cherry-picking official reviews, the Metacritic userbase contains more Trolls than all of Orgrimmar.

Always those threads, that want to tell you this expansion is the worst one just to gain some attention. I call those TEs attentionseekers.

MoP hasn't yet proved itself in the test of time. We haven't fully expierenced MoP. It just got released. Tons of stuff will still be added, some raids are locked. the conflict between alliance and horde is not even present yet.

Its like reviewing 1/3 of an expansion with possible bias vs pandas. The class overhowl was a good idea and worked. Its not perfect for every class though. Good example is warlock. he is really fun now, especially demology. You can't possible deny this. The spec looks super boring in pre mist patch in comparission to post patch.

The asia theme is a great one too and brings new stuff, granted that wow is good in copy paste stuffs that existed before, though. wow now reminds me more of my favorite rpg "suikoden" and my favorite movie "A Chinese Ghost Story" - something i consider very good. Cause a lot is possible from now on, asia myth offers a lot of interesting creatures to slay, most people have no clue of.
    I think a quest zone just about beer, cooking and farming is too amazing to describe with words and a change too from the usual grind of some undead or cults. if you get a feel for it you will be rewarded.
    Some in the chats in this zone they wished wow would be as dark as prior expansion. The chinese monster and ghost lore is very dark and interesting to explore. Hopefully the devs will implement more of it. Shouldn't be all reduced to Shas and Alliance vs Horde, though.

Anyways, i think after a year or two one can really say how good that expansion was in comparission to the other expansions. Stating this now its the worst, is just plain stupid and makes me yawn. i rather see people that get tired and quit wow for that very reason.

Yeah....stopped reading at "metacritic"

Fail thread is fail

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought everyone figured this out in beta already.... i guess some didn't

Not really, it's about the same as all of the other expansions. I actually give this one a bit more credit due to adding some more side activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how OP uses "respected people" and "IGN" in the same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    This expansion is very good in my opinion overall, but the heavy amount of dailies and rep grinding are really deterring me from logging in. That's just my opinion
    pretty sure it won't stay like that for a long time, but for this initial release phase.

Deleted
    To be honest, I don't care what a critic thinks of the expansion, because he is not me and doesn't determine the fun I have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Still a hell of a reach. Blizzard puts in the one race that regularly fuckin' dominated in polls here and on the o-boards asking what race players wanted next (and has done so since TBC, when I became active on the o-boards), the race that cause the WC3 b.net forums to explode with threads begging for the April Fools' joke regarding Pandaren being the 5th race to come true, and they set the expansion in their homeland to put the faction war in stark relief...

And because they're pandaren you want to claim that it's a blatant subscriber grab on the Chinese player base, despite the fact that most of the requests for pandaren, from Blizz's own collective mouth, came from Western gamers on these forums, the o-boards, and even direct requests at Blizzcons? And good job on ignoring the other points I'd made--I guess pointing out that a gigantic chunk of Northrend was facelifted from Norse mythology right down to NPC names and settlement names wasn't convenient for your argument that this expansion is totally different from Wrath, amirite?
    And the fact that you have a panda in your signature has NO correlations AT ALL with what you just wrote above in any way!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the daily madness either. But:

Grinding BC reps to revered to be able to enter heroics w/o a core group or an active guild and no LFG Tool was worse for me (i started in late so my guildies were all otherwise occupied).

A LOT WORSE.

I didn't complain then, and I won't complain now. Because after all: We're doing perfectly fine with 3 normal mode bosses down already.

10+ Year Old Account
    AHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA.
    Thanks, I needed my daily WoW-laugh.

Metacrtic, ooh, better stop playing it.
    5.0 has been a trillilon times better than 4.0, and two of the raids aren't even out yet.
    5.1 isn't even out, but I'm excited for it, much better than going, 4.1 is going to be a raid.... actually nope, just 2 troll dungeons. Soz.

I still like Wrath more due to the lore, but MoP is pretty damn amazing so far.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    When I think of Wrath, I see undead and sometimes Titans, while the Norse stuff is a nice bit of architecture in Howling fjord and present in certain places. Now, when I think of MoP, I think China. And only China.
    Yeah, you probably don't know much about Norse mythology / culture then because it dominates Wrath. Ulduar alone is 90% Norse mythology.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alba007 View Post
    This has nothing to do about being racist against Chinese. If you load the game from top to bottom with panda bears and Chinese culture around every corner looking at you, it means you are trying to cater to that market. There is nothing wrong with a company trying to cater to a very big market. But everybody does not have to like it.

What is annoying is this weird effort by some players trying to deny as if pandas have nothing to do with China and Chinese culture is not all around this expansion, as if the fact that there were Norse gods in a previous expansion somehow makes it so that the existence of overwhelming Chinese theme in this expansion somehow actually non-existent. Totally weird reaction.

It is what it is. You may be fine with it, and others may not like it. And some people may want to criticize it.
    No, of course it is racist. Was Wrath pandering to the Norse? If you say that it was not, then you cannot say that MoP is pandering to the Chinese because it is THE EXACT SAME SITUATION. You are being very racist there.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

MoP has so much content its ridiculous. And if they even add half of the stuff from 5.1 into the game, I am confident in saying that this is already the best expac.
    Cata had tons of content too, just people did not see it on their mains, cause tons of player did not go into lvl1-60 zones. What is a pity. I enjoyed all expansions including MoP, which is yet under construction we only did see maybe 1/3 of this expansion. i enjoyed BC, wrath and especially cataclysm. Vashj'ir was quite refreshing and deepholm, but then again i liked jule verne books. and while some people on forums tried to talk it down just cause of 4.3 content(DS) everything else of that expansion was ignored. Cause without 4.3 i have to ask myself if it wasn't the best addon in terms of content and quality. Quests were amazing, heroics were hard at start, pvp was intersting too at start lots of classes were unbalanced like right now raids were hard too. why people complain? they should take a vacation from wow and play something else.