Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah....stopped reading at "metacritic"

Fail thread is fail

I thought everyone figured this out in beta already.... i guess some didn't

Not really, it's about the same as all of the other expansions. I actually give this one a bit more credit due to adding some more side activities.

I love how OP uses "respected people" and "IGN" in the same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    This expansion is very good in my opinion overall, but the heavy amount of dailies and rep grinding are really deterring me from logging in. That's just my opinion
    pretty sure it won't stay like that for a long time, but for this initial release phase.

To be honest, I don't care what a critic thinks of the expansion, because he is not me and doesn't determine the fun I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Still a hell of a reach. Blizzard puts in the one race that regularly fuckin' dominated in polls here and on the o-boards asking what race players wanted next (and has done so since TBC, when I became active on the o-boards), the race that cause the WC3 b.net forums to explode with threads begging for the April Fools' joke regarding Pandaren being the 5th race to come true, and they set the expansion in their homeland to put the faction war in stark relief...

And because they're pandaren you want to claim that it's a blatant subscriber grab on the Chinese player base, despite the fact that most of the requests for pandaren, from Blizz's own collective mouth, came from Western gamers on these forums, the o-boards, and even direct requests at Blizzcons? And good job on ignoring the other points I'd made--I guess pointing out that a gigantic chunk of Northrend was facelifted from Norse mythology right down to NPC names and settlement names wasn't convenient for your argument that this expansion is totally different from Wrath, amirite?
    And the fact that you have a panda in your signature has NO correlations AT ALL with what you just wrote above in any way!!

This expansion is very good in my opinion overall, but the heavy amount of dailies and rep grinding are really deterring me from logging in. That's just my opinion
    I don't like the daily madness either. But:

Grinding BC reps to revered to be able to enter heroics w/o a core group or an active guild and no LFG Tool was worse for me (i started in late so my guildies were all otherwise occupied).

A LOT WORSE.

I didn't complain then, and I won't complain now. Because after all: We're doing perfectly fine with 3 normal mode bosses down already.

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA.
    Thanks, I needed my daily WoW-laugh.

Metacrtic, ooh, better stop playing it.
    5.0 has been a trillilon times better than 4.0, and two of the raids aren't even out yet.
    5.1 isn't even out, but I'm excited for it, much better than going, 4.1 is going to be a raid.... actually nope, just 2 troll dungeons. Soz.

I still like Wrath more due to the lore, but MoP is pretty damn amazing so far.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    When I think of Wrath, I see undead and sometimes Titans, while the Norse stuff is a nice bit of architecture in Howling fjord and present in certain places. Now, when I think of MoP, I think China. And only China.
    Yeah, you probably don't know much about Norse mythology / culture then because it dominates Wrath. Ulduar alone is 90% Norse mythology.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alba007 View Post
    This has nothing to do about being racist against Chinese. If you load the game from top to bottom with panda bears and Chinese culture around every corner looking at you, it means you are trying to cater to that market. There is nothing wrong with a company trying to cater to a very big market. But everybody does not have to like it.

What is annoying is this weird effort by some players trying to deny as if pandas have nothing to do with China and Chinese culture is not all around this expansion, as if the fact that there were Norse gods in a previous expansion somehow makes it so that the existence of overwhelming Chinese theme in this expansion somehow actually non-existent. Totally weird reaction.

It is what it is. You may be fine with it, and others may not like it. And some people may want to criticize it.
    No, of course it is racist. Was Wrath pandering to the Norse? If you say that it was not, then you cannot say that MoP is pandering to the Chinese because it is THE EXACT SAME SITUATION. You are being very racist there.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

MoP has so much content its ridiculous. And if they even add half of the stuff from 5.1 into the game, I am confident in saying that this is already the best expac.
    Cata had tons of content too, just people did not see it on their mains, cause tons of player did not go into lvl1-60 zones. What is a pity. I enjoyed all expansions including MoP, which is yet under construction we only did see maybe 1/3 of this expansion. i enjoyed BC, wrath and especially cataclysm. Vashj'ir was quite refreshing and deepholm, but then again i liked jule verne books. and while some people on forums tried to talk it down just cause of 4.3 content(DS) everything else of that expansion was ignored. Cause without 4.3 i have to ask myself if it wasn't the best addon in terms of content and quality. Quests were amazing, heroics were hard at start, pvp was intersting too at start lots of classes were unbalanced like right now raids were hard too. why people complain? they should take a vacation from wow and play something else.

I think people like LuminousAether and Endus throw the word "racist" around a bit too easily.
    Kids, learn the true meaning of words, and also some manners.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I think people like LuminousAether and Endus throw the word "racist" around a bit too easily.
    it may not be racist per say but its def a double standard.

for the majority of Americans and Europeans when they think of "the past" they think of things like norse mythology and castles and whatnot they see something based off another culture and say "ER MEH GERD WTF THEY PANDERIN TO ASIA"

let me ask people this if the expansion was based around night elves and everything was inspired by Japanese culture instead of chinese would you still be complaining
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

This expansion has been out for like, not even a month? When I think of wrath I don't think of Naxx I think of Ulduar, the best is yet to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tural
    This fellow was very respectful in his informing me that he would ravage me on his character upwards of 11 levels higher than myself, and that I should go fornicate myself with an iron stick. Before I could thank this man for his kind words, he had already moved along to brighten anothers day as he did mine.

I've pretty much done everything the game had to offer. Fully quested in Pandaria including dailys, tried out pet battles, made a pandaren and a monk, did all the scenario's, did all the heroics, did LFR, maybe more I forgot. I still have to try the challenge modes tough.

This expansion definatly has a shitload of content, especially for end game. The only thing that turns me off is the insane amount of dailys. I know they are optional, but they are still a big part of the end game. I've found the scenario's rather weak aswell, with weak rewards at the end. The new dungeons were a great experience, altrough too easy, but I've yet to try out challenge modes. Also liking my pandaren monk so far, but they do currently look a lot like rogues.

My current ratings for all expansions and vanilla:

Vanilla: 8/10
    TBC: 8.5/10
    WotLK: 9/10
    Cata: 6/10
    MoP: 8/10 (so far)

I'm not bored with MoP yet, and its definatly a huge improvement over Cata. I just hope that the game will keep us busy, and not make another lackluster major patch like 4.1 with the 2 troll rehashed troll dungeons. So far the new scenario's in 5.1 look great, but I hope it isn't just this that we're getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    No, it is racist. Explain to me how it is not.

My verdict: I'm enjoying it and I don't give a shit about the OPINION of random critics who I can guarantee don't precisely share my tastes. That's the problem with critics, no matter how professional they are, their viewpoints and reviews will ALWAYS be tainted one way or another. There is no avoiding that, and trying to back them up by saying "Oh well, they've been in the field this long, and went to school for this long and also did this and that" is completely meaningless and ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it may not be racist per say but its def a double standard.

for the majority of Americans and Europeans when they think of "the past" they think of things like norse mythology and castles and whatnot they see something based off another culture and say "ER MEH GERD WTF THEY PANDERIN TO ASIA"
    Way to generalize.
    It's LeviOsa, not LeviosAR!

For what it's worth, League of Legends has something like a 55 or 60 on Metacritic/Gamerankings...yet it is the most played PC game in the world. Just goes to show the critics don't always represent the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    My verdict: I'm enjoying it and I don't give a shit about the OPINION of random critics who I can guarantee don't precisely share my tastes. That's the problem with critics, no matter how professional they are, their viewpoints and reviews will ALWAYS be tainted one way or another. There is no avoiding that, and trying to back them up by saying "Oh well, they've been in the field this long, and went to school for this long and also did this and that" is completely meaningless and ignorant.

Way to generalize.
    tell me how many american made video games and moves and tv shows set in the past arent set in medieval times with either heavy norse or greek/roman themes.

in western culture theres typically 3 genres the norse/greek/roman amalgamation, colonial times, and "ancient times" aka egypt
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

So butt-hurt MMO Champion users, Metacritic and "Profesisonal" reviewers like IGN are credible sources for how People actually like the expansion?

Yeah, Mods please delete this troll thread.

Side- Note

IGN gave it like an 8.0 - And Eurogamer gave it an 8.5

Say what now?