Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    from respected people like IGN...
    ROFL should have started with that!

The game is still not balanced enough(huntard in pvp ), the problem is still there in pve(Lock, sp and fire mage are way above the rest, especially locks). And there is way to much farming going on, especially cooking wise, getting your 300 stats takes a hell of a farm. Its just unreasonable. But I do like the general feel of the game, pet battle is a decent time filler, I really enjoy the new bgs(especially temple, really good).

It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.
    It's not factual data. It's just a mediocre opinion of critics and I couldn't care less about any critics opinion. I like MoP more than WotLK and Cataclysm, so for me it's not even close to being "the worst expansion". There, that's as much "factual data" as the ones in Metacritic.

Some other people I dont know from the internet decided for me that I should enjoy the game a bit less than I was.
    Here's my mage vs stuff youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJackstar123?feature=mhee

Verdict finally in. Metacritic shows how easy it is for haters of any game to give 0 scores for the lulz and how the gaming media is still too bedazzled by things like GW2 (or picks people, such as the case with Kotaku, who have a known hatred of the game doing the review).
    Last edited by Mech; 2012-10-14 at 08:16 AM.

It's not so much that they're getting worse, it's that they're getting less innovative. By settling into a mold with expansions, people are getting bored and leaving. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkarus View Post
    I won't say that I agree with metacritic, but the game is far from good. With some changes this expansion would be a lot better.

The content can be cleared in a few days thanks to the Raid Finder, how is this possible on an MMORPG? And if you want to do the exactly same content in a higher difficult you must pass through weeks of annoying farm to get some gear.

This grind system is something that they should had changed in previous expansions, now we have dungeons, tabards, raids and Scenarios, they could implement other ways to gain rep without doing thousands of daily quests every day. Since the entire game is based on grind, diversity is essential.

You wanna know why they keep stuck on this repetition system? It's because is very easy to develop and keeps the player busy giving the false feeling that there's a lot of things to do. they've done this with Diablo for god sake.

The company has very loyal customers, I believe we deserve something with a little more effort. For now and because of that, I think they deserve the low score.
    They key about the system of repetition is that in MoP the greatest reward for that system of repetition is now currently tied to nonsense daily quests. It's a MASSIVE skinner box. It's an attempt to change the type of content that people like because daily quests are easy to produce and they do this by putting the greatest reward behind daily quests. If you don't feel that way I have to then ask how man people do you think would touch these daily quests if the reward wasn't behind them?

The biggest problem with this expansion is that is has removed any illusion that the game had of being anything other than a hamster cage.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Reviews mean nearly absolutely nothing. Most of the time. And as i'm sure Cataclysm got rated 90%+(I believe?), i'm pretty sure that's enough to back up my statement.

Metacritic is not a valid resource to use for critics

And just for reference: Metacritic is the single best source of weighted opinion on games, movies, etc on the internet.

It is used widely by everyone from company directors to regular consumers as it is the current best source of unbiased reviews, since it covers a very wide spectrum and thus avoids overly negative or positive biases.

Simply put: fans are too gushing and forgiving of their own product (like WoW fans on this site), and too negative about competitors (like GW2 fans are about WoW on their site).

By sampling across fans, haters, non-fans, non-haters, and everyone else in the middle, metacritic alleviates the issue.

Metacritic is not perfect, but it is the best out there.

The biggest refute to this silly argument is to simply log in and play. You can clearly see that this expansion is FAR higher quality than any previous expansion. Pretty much the only thing any other expansion did better was BC had so much raid content at release.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    ... the current best source of unbiased reviews, since it covers a very wide spectrum and thus avoids overly negative or positive biases
    There is no certainty of unbiased reviews in general media anymore. And don't even talk about user reviews, since mostly people just give 10 or 0 (plus all the trolling).

A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-review-scores

The results were indisputable, most people predicted MoP would score 90-94%.

Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria

It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.

EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    Never have i lol'd so hard. Game critics are so biased its unreal. There is only 1 person that can deem whether a game is good/fun/hardcore (whatever else you want out of it) is you.

If you love it, play it. If you hate it don't.

But don't spend time reading into other peoples likes and dislikes because they are simply not yours. Make your own judgements. I for one love this xpac, its given me lots of things i have wanted for a long time. I know others don't like what i currently like and i could not give 2 FF's about them .

*edited for spelling errors

Personally, I don't see why you care what 21 'critics' on a website say.

I play the game for me, for my enjoyment in MY free time. What others say is irrelevant.

Intel i7 2600K | Gigabyte GTX670 OC | 2x4Gb DDR3 1600Mhz GSkill RipjawsX | Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 1Tb Samsung HDD | CM Storm Scout/700W Coolermaster PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Well, MoP is first good WoW expansion since (mid) WotLK so fuck the scores.
    I agree

Aw man. Here I was, thinking I had a great time playing WoW thinking that MoP is amazing. But thanks for letting me know that it's actually bad because a few people who haven't spent nearly as much time in MoP as think so.

Thanks Quosk1867, for the amazing sig! <3

Who ever cared what critics really say anyway?

oo snap, the expansion isnt good? but Im having so much fun

Quote Originally Posted by Erfan1 View Post
    oo snap, the expansion isnt good? but Im having so much fun
    I guess we should all just stop playing :/ Critics have given their judgement. No need to fight back.

High Overlord
    I don't think the majority of these 'critic's play more than a few quest-lines into the beginning area. MMO's are difficult to rate as there is a lot of content and not everyone is able to get through it all. I don't think it's fair to give it a rating before fully experiencing as much content as possible. Of course, with each new patch, there will be new and different content, so people's views can change during the lifetime of an expansion. A lot of people praised Cata when it came out, but by the end were calling it the 'worst expansion to date'.

I think it's up to each individual to judge how the game is suited for them. I don't give two schnitzels about what these critics say, I have no idea who they are and their titles mean nothing to me. My husband and I are thoroughly enjoying the game and that is all that matters to me!