Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Because Metacritic score's can't be given by people who don't even play the game right?

The game is 8 years old, of course it's gonna get worse scores each time without any substantial changes. The reviewers probably played it before and saw more of the same when they tried the beta if they actually played the beta or live? Anyway it's a pretty good game imo.

Herald of the Titans
    omg, i just laughed out loud when i read some posts here xD

there really are people who think that blizzard cares about their ratings? they think that blizzard is gonna deliver better content if given worse critics?!

omg, sorry but i think i just saw a flying pig somewhere, gotta go catch it!

I don't care what critics think - MoP is AWESOME!

Respectable? You do know that most review sites actually take money to give good ratings right? For an example gamespot..

Quote Originally Posted by rirkla View Post
    Respectable? You do know that most review sites actually take money to give good ratings right? For an example gamespot..
    Pretty much this.

Aaaww and I was having fun,but if the critics say it's not fun.....DONE!NOT HAVING FUN ENGAGED!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    They saw his new statue and thought "Oh well, a king clever enough to waste money on a statue while half his city is burning is worthy of our support! More beer please!"

Btw, Cataclysm got higher scores than MoP? Isn't that enough to prove a point really about how stupid it is to take that "score" seriously? The only verdict that counts is how the playerbase feel, and their verdict doesn't come until the end of an expansion really. Save for a few ragequitters and trolls of course.
    Last edited by Rorcanna; 2012-10-14 at 10:37 AM.

I love mop.
    Love panda, although at first i was skeptical and im loving monk much more than i thought.

There's challenge mode for elite and there's the underground brawling thing coming up.

Gotta say, love harvestesting in cooking, except i don't see the point in being friends with the farmers. I'm best friends with 2...

Cooking and ironpaw tokens certainly grindy. That cooking bell - not sure if i should get it.

I probably enjoyed Cata the first month more, even though I was in a super casual guild that by and large couldn't run the pass/fail heroics successfully.

I made a LOT more gold this expansion.

Leveling from 80-85 in Cata was grindy but less painful than in MoP. Townlong is something I would not like to do once (like I have) or twice (like I have) or three times (like I have) or EVER (too late). What's with all the 350k hp level 90 mobs that come in pairs and have silence and knockback in the low drop rate quests anyway? HORRIBLE.

And then at level 90 you have the golden lotus dailies that are ultra grindy for casual soloers like me (holy crap, why am I soloing a 4M health mob on my low-pop server FOR A DAILY!?!?) and for the people in half decent guilds who don't need the gear are just "group up and AoE" yawnfests. Which must be done for any undergeared alt that needs a recipe.

So, while I think Cata was deeply flawed, MoP might actually be worse in some important respects.

High Overlord
    Well from my opinion MoP is best thing for wow after vanilla.

Honestly if you are still paying close attention to professional reviews you are a moron. Credibility of those has been below zero for years. On 10 point scale the range of error is + - 4 when it comes to professional reviews.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

LOl at everyone trying to make up excuses.

There's a reason a lot of people stopped caring about wow.

Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post

Then why are you still here

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    Lol that was funny.

No one should ever guide themselves by the current critics. They give great games poor scores and poor games great scores.

But yea, the respected part was really something.

I never really take reviews very serious. Not for games or for movies. In fact, I barely read them. So many of them are biased and got a obvious smell of "I dont like this game personally, so im gonna flame it".

You should never base what games you are going to play on these reviews. Never. As I said earlier many writers are biased. Lets say a person who dont like mmos gotta review a mmo. Whats likely going to happen? It will be a bad review.

Everyone should do extented research about games they might want to play. Just skip these bad reviews and just go to the games main page and discover what the game is about, check videos on youtube etc.

I take whats being written here om mmo-champion more serious than those reviews. Yeah. I do.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Just because you stopped playing and don't enjoy it anymore, it does not mean that it is a bad game. There are still many many people playing and enjoying themselves. Critic "score" means NOTHING to the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post

There is also a reason wow has 10 mill subs.

Really, all you people who hate wow so much since you invested months into the game and dont like it anymore, you gotta get over it. Get over the game and move on. Realise that there are OTHER people in the world and they enjoy something you dont.

I hate Forza motorsport, but I enjoyed the first in the series. Does not mean im gonna go on forum and talk shit about the game when in fact alot of people are having fun with it.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    <snip>

Mod Edit: Large meme removed.
    Last edited by Shamanic; 2012-10-14 at 06:50 PM.
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It's not so much that they're getting worse, it's that they're getting less innovative. By settling into a mold with expansions, people are getting bored and leaving. Simple as that.
    Wait, people are leaving MoP already?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler