Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    A lot of reviews aren't reviewing MoP - they're reviewing WoW, and their minds are made up before they ever get there.

I must be pretty weird that I think MoP is the best xpac at launch. Seem like reviewers don't agree with me. lol

All of the "review" websites are full of BS and slander, if a game company is not paying them for the rating review, they shovel shit on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    So we're suppose to base opinion as fact from 21 people who reviewed the game ? Does that not sound really stupid to anyone else ? Regardless I could care less, I'm enjoying the game and don't need a critic to tell me otherwise. Even then, critics suck and aren't worth taking at face value.
    The funny part is those 21 people gave the game really good reviews, its the user reviews are the bad ones & those can be faked very easily majority of them were made less than 24 hours of MoP being out.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-review-scores

The results were indisputable, most people predicted MoP would score 90-94%.

Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria

It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.

EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    None of these critics are actually respected, they are greedy hoes that will sell their soul for any kind of payment.

Knowing that, they probably have been bought by several competitors to slam Blizzard into the ground.

If you allowed yourself to use your brain you'd know, you can't really say x expansion is worse than expansion y z b c or something untill the next expansion hits. If MoP ends with more subs than Cataclysm, it will be better than all previous expansions excluding wrath. The fact that MoP hasn't launched in China yet, makes these reports even more bullshit. Didn't they also say Swotr and Rift would be hits? Same for GW? Guess what, they aren't and will never be anything but failures.

So there you have it, IGN, Eurogamer and Gamespot derived to the pile of donkey poop they actually are.

It was downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogamer etc.
    SO the "expert" critics are telling all of us were are fools and morons for liking this game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gaming journalism is somewhere next to Fox News as far as trustworthy sources go in regards to video game quality unless you're talking about individual blogs, because any smart gaming review site will pander to whoever pays their ad space.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Lol, review made the day after MoP came out, with negative scores because the expac didn't come with a free month. This is serious business, factual and extremely fair.

MoP is the best time period to play since sometime in Wrath. Anyone that tells you otherwise has absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogamer etc.
    Eurogamer & IGN gave it possitive reviews, IGN gave it 8.7 (Great), Eurogamer gave it 8/10 (Great). Where are these downvoted reviews your talking about ?
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:

Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria

It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.

EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    Well played.

Dude....player reviews are what matters. I have never trusted a critic on a game or a movie or anything, they are over critical and foolish in most cases. Some of my favorite games received 7 or below from the critics.

MoP is in my book close second to TBC, which is very, very good.
    Most reviewers have absolutely no idea how to actually review games - look at past releases and are usually turds.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    If MoP turns out as badly for the remainder of the expansion again as Cataclysm then people won't be able to complain about us having given it a 95/100 again.

Curriculum plays an important part in what scores games get.
    Then MMOs should have launch reviews and end reviews. Cataclysm could have deserved a 95 at launch and lower at end. Previous expansions are no reason to lower a new expansions reviews if the new one is good at launch.

Can someone explain to me the point in posting this?

Cuz, that's great. The reviewers are reviewing a game whose full content isn't even out yet.

Great, they're somehow giving it a worse score than Cataclysm.

Do you actually expect it'll change anyone's opinions on the game and prevent them from playing.

If they like WoW, then play. Don't let someone tell you what the fuck to do.

And the people who dislike WoW, that's great, keep doing that. You have your reasoning.

But this thread has LITERALLY no point to it except to cause a Flame War and I have a gut feeling that was your ulterior motive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    IGN doesn't like MoP, guess I better uninstall it.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Then MMOs should have launch reviews and end reviews. Cataclysm could have deserved a 95 at launch and lower at end. Previous expansions are no reason to lower a new expansions reviews if the new one is good at launch.
    I agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by Darkjester56 View Post
    Dude....player reviews are what matters. I have never trusted a critic on a game or a movie or anything, they are over critical and foolish in most cases. Some of my favorite games received 7 or below from the critics.
    Neither are to be trusted. I glanced at player reviews and most of the people have no logical arguments or basis for their claims. And the critics are paid or influenced to give a specific score most of the time. The best way to get a good answer is to either shut the f up about "wah is it good? should i buy it?" and just play the damn thing for yourself. Or, find yourself a friend that isn't absolute garbage at the game to give you his opinion.

This expansion is by far the best since BC. Raid encounters are dynamic and challenging. Questing content is fun and exciting. There is a sense of reward and prestige not only from raiding and pvp, but from dedication to dailies without there being a "need" to do them every day. This expansion has something for everyone. People just claim kungfu panda wah wah cry because they are butthurt and suck at the game. That's the sad truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is worse and time will bear this out I feel. Depending on what direction they want to take it in I guess. I mean if this was 2 years ago and we replaced MOP with CATACLYSM the same people would be saying the same things they are now. The more things change..
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    I wonder how those people review a mmo in general, is it based on their first impression, the graphics or what? For us it's all about long term fun* and enough to do so we can look forward to log in again sometime soon, isn't it?

* whatever the individual think is fun, Blizzard tries to create a large amount of content to please us all