Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ahaa.. Then ignore it?
    The number of people playing a game has nothing to do with the quality of a game.
    He wants Mists to fail though so that, apparently, Blizzard will "change back" to when he liked the game so he can personally resub.

Meanwhile, in World of Warcraft, 10 million players like the game..
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    - "All my friends think MoP is awesome, therefore it is awesome."
    - My response: This is anecdotal evidence and as such invalid in the larger context.
    Game critics view on a game is anecdotal evidence on how good the game is? This has never been accurate in the history of anything: films, tv, games, anything. It's anecdotal evidence that they think it deserves 83% and they thought other ones were better, it has nothing to do with if the game is actually good or not.

LoL, the most popular/played PC online game out, got a 78.

Don't claime 'this isn't saying it's bad' then say it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I agree with you to a degree.

I just..

When it comes to WoW or other games I enjoy and I'm not skeptical about, I don't listen to reviewers.

If you enjoy it, play it.

Who cares?

That's my opinion on the matter too. If you're having fun, who cares what other people think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    hahaha, reading the user reviews is a joke, basically people are pissed and it has gotten loads of 0's which is hardly fair considering no game ever created deserves a 0.
    The old Atari 2600 game for the E.T. movie would like to have a word with you on that one.

#FlightIsImportant

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    That's my opinion on the matter too. If you're having fun, who cares what other people think?
    It's just like the issue with Hardcores and Casuals.

For some reason Casuals being able to see the same content as them is "an issue".

Who cares? You guys are seeing a more difficult setting then them, and how are they interfering with your game?

Is being special that important?

10+ Year Old Account
    It was downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogamer etc.
    "expert critics e.g. IGN"

See there is your mistake right there, IGN is awful... I mean they gave that guitar game a bad score because it didn't have a hard song like.. wait for it.. dragonforce. LOL
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    youll see all the fanbo ys here def blizzard and wow as the holy grail till they die, but the fact is
    YES MoP is way worse as Cata - the main difference is all the fanboys strangly dont care for all the faults
    activision makes (here you will here the first outcry claiming its blizzard making wow wich they dont anymore
    - blizzard would never release such bugged shit like cata or mop in the first place) as long as it looks NICE...
    thats all mop does - it looks nice - behind that its ie coming to bugs way worse...

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    "expert critics e.g. IGN"

See there is your mistake right there, IGN is awful... I mean they gave that guitar game a bad score because it didn't have a hard song like.. wait for it.. dragonforce. LOL
    He's a troll. You should check out his other threads too.

Just..don't listen to these people, guys.

Enjoy the game.

If they actually have an impact on what you think without you even trying Mists, then you should really get your priorities straight.

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 05:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    youll see all the fanbo ys here def blizzard and wow as the holy grail till they die, but the fact is
    YES MoP is way worse as Cata - the main difference is all the fanboys strangly dont care for all the faults
    activision makes (here you will here the first outcry claiming its blizzard making wow wich they dont anymore
    - blizzard would never release such bugged shit like cata or mop in the first place) as long as it looks NICE...
    thats all mop does - it looks nice - behind that its ie coming to bugs way worse...
    Okay. I'm going to put this in a way you can't even argue against my point:

We. Are. Defending. A. Game. We. Like.

Mists. Is. Better. Than. Other. Expansions. Or. Is. Just. A. Very. Good. Expansion.

IN.

OUR.

OPINION.

You. Have. Your. Opinion.

We. Have. Ours.

By. No. Means. Does. That. Mean. We. Are. Mindless. Fanboys. Just. Because. We. Like. Something. You. Don't.

Stop. Trying. To. Make. Us. Dislike. A. Game. Just. Because. You. Don't. Like. It.

We.

Do.

And there is literally NOTHING you could possibly say that changes our mind.
    Last edited by Mawnix; 2012-10-14 at 05:22 PM.

- My response: Cataclysm was for a 6 year old game and it got rave reviews, do you really think 2 years should make such a drastic impact?
    Yes, it does make an impact. It so obviously makes an impact. Most of the people I see all over the internet are not playing WoW anymore because the engine is so outdated. If you can't see this then I don't know what to tell you.....
    LOLINFRACTED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    fanbo
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. "
    -a very amazing man

Quote Originally Posted by Fest View Post
    Yes, it does make an impact. It so obviously makes an impact. Most of the people I see all over the internet are not playing WoW anymore because the engine is so outdated. If you can't see this then I don't know what to tell you.....
    Someone posted a picture a while ago comparing Vanilla WoW to Mists in graphics.

If someone can find it that'd be great.

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 05:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. "
    -a very amazing man
    I love you for quoting the Princess Bride

LOL at everyone making up excuses. MoP got lower ratings, get over it. It sold less copies, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    LOL at everyone making up excuses. MoP got lower ratings, get over it. It sold less copies, get over it.
    You know, I destroyed your first post claiming we're making excuses.

We're using reasoning.

Our reasoning is..

..We like the game.

Sorry that you don't.

Could you drop the attempts to tr0ll and incite issues since apparently your only goal is trashing on a game that, no matter what you say, won't deter us from playing?

It's no longer as much of an individual opinion given a sufficient amount of opinions bundled up; it's a statistic, thus more regarded as a fact.

Don't you think it's quite peculiar how an increasing amount people have begun voicing their opinions on matters they dislike or oppose, growing just about every expansion as they deviate further from the original game, implementing some arguably controversial features, becoming evermore detached both in lore, gameplay and balance?

Are these coincidences, attributed by the fact that the amount of subscribers has dropped substantially and will most probably keep on plummeting, by a varying degree if you will, doing so right around the time such things occur, altering the game as we know it or is the game just getting old and stale, or a mixture of both?

It's up for you to decide, just like if you enjoy the game or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeper View Post
    It's not right, but it's not really frowned upon so much either. A man hits a woman and he's a terrible excuse for a human being and should be put in jail. A woman hits a man and the man is a wimp for feeling pain.

Either way, if you have a penis, you lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, your previous post on hating Pandaria got locked, and with this one, we get it, you don't like it.

So quit the game, stop forcing that view on people and try to gather a crowd, people like this expansion way more then cata, yet you can't deal with that yourself.
    #boycottchina

He wants Mists to fail though so that, apparently, Blizzard will "change back" to when he liked the game so he can personally resub.

Meanwhile, in World of Warcraft, 10 million players like the game..
    You see 10 million happy players, I see 10 million future unsubscribers. Churn is a wonderful thing.

Sometimes I find it hard to empathize with people who find this game fun. We're all doing the same things in the game, so why do I find WoW bland while others rush to defend its awesomeness? It's such a vast difference in perception of the same content that it can be hard to take the other side's opinions seriously. That's when I need to back off and remind myself that I shouldn't consider it a character flaw when people hold different opinions than I do. I'm glad you're enjoying the game in its current state.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahahhahahhahhahha hhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahahaha

People who give 2 shits what a critic thinks of an mmo are dumb. They log in to the game quest for 2 hours and call it a game. If they DO raid they kill the first boss or wipe on trash and call it a day. that means NOTHING to me. thanks for coming out

Good to know there is an official stance on this issue.

I will stop enjoying this expansion immediately.

For some reason Casuals being able to see the same content as them is "an issue".

Who cares? You guys are seeing a more difficult setting then them, and how are they interfering with your game?

Destil talking about hardcore vs casuals? I raided with this kid in wotlk in the Guild "Black Rose Syndicate" and it was hilarious. They had zero progression and one 25m kill of PP was considered an accomplishment to them. Destil was considered the floor buffer and was verbally abused by the guild master on every pull. My warlock outperformed him on every fight and once it was so noticeable that a argument got started. It ended with Destil in tears (yes literally crying in vent, ive got the mp3) screaming "im the class leader in my guild you all have to listen to me". Hands down the funniest experience in my wow history, its something my friends and I will laugh about for years to come. Destil's friends went on to tell me that his home life isn't that great and that he gets heavily bullied in school. That made his behavior somewhat understandable and I apologized for mentioning his dps and even offered to help him.

So, why mention all of these immensely personal things about Destil? To bring me to my point. This game is 1000% subjective and everyone plays the game differently. Its ok to talk about personal opinions on the game but in the end they will always be only that, opinions.

TL;DR If you like it play it. If you don't like it, don't play it.

Deleted

Its not just "seeing content" issue here. It might go deeper here.

Obviously, top of the top guilds dont care that casuals see stuff too. They farm heroics for gear to give them edge over next heroic race.
    But then there are "middle tops" which are quite large base of raiders.

heres example, some numbers might not be accurate but yeah:

Guy 1, Someone with half-blue half-epics that are from LFR and normal, first month of raiding:
    Ok guys, I've raided for month now. I've cleared raids in LFR at least 4 times as well*. I'm going to stick gearing up here for sake of gearing. -> 6 months of (potentially) raiding, banging head to brickwall during that time as well, and he has full epic normal mode gear in like 3 months of raiding then farms. Saw all (raid-)content of last patch.
    Subbed 6 months.
    Benefits: Got gear before guy2, potentially had fun raiding but also worked hard to get there, maybe offspec pieces there and there, plus ???

Guy 2, Someone with half-blue half-epics that are from LFR and normal, first month of raiding:
    Ok I've raided for month now. I've cleared raids in LFR at least 4 times now* so I saw all content. I guess I will just unsub and come back. -> Comes back in 5.2 and gets full epic gear ilvl equilevant to guy1 in less than months time after coming back. Saw all (raid-)content of last patch.
    Subbed 2-3 months.
    Benefits: saved money, "time", effort, gets same ilvl of gear than guy1(but later than guy1 cos next patch), potentially had fun in lfr.