Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can someone explain to me the point in posting this?

Cuz, that's great. The reviewers are reviewing a game whose full content isn't even out yet.

Great, they're somehow giving it a worse score than Cataclysm.

Do you actually expect it'll change anyone's opinions on the game and prevent them from playing.

If they like WoW, then play. Don't let someone tell you what the fuck to do.

And the people who dislike WoW, that's great, keep doing that. You have your reasoning.

But this thread has LITERALLY no point to it except to cause a Flame War and I have a gut feeling that was your ulterior motive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

IGN doesn't like MoP, guess I better uninstall it.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Then MMOs should have launch reviews and end reviews. Cataclysm could have deserved a 95 at launch and lower at end. Previous expansions are no reason to lower a new expansions reviews if the new one is good at launch.
    I agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by Darkjester56 View Post
    Dude....player reviews are what matters. I have never trusted a critic on a game or a movie or anything, they are over critical and foolish in most cases. Some of my favorite games received 7 or below from the critics.
    Neither are to be trusted. I glanced at player reviews and most of the people have no logical arguments or basis for their claims. And the critics are paid or influenced to give a specific score most of the time. The best way to get a good answer is to either shut the f up about "wah is it good? should i buy it?" and just play the damn thing for yourself. Or, find yourself a friend that isn't absolute garbage at the game to give you his opinion.

This expansion is by far the best since BC. Raid encounters are dynamic and challenging. Questing content is fun and exciting. There is a sense of reward and prestige not only from raiding and pvp, but from dedication to dailies without there being a "need" to do them every day. This expansion has something for everyone. People just claim kungfu panda wah wah cry because they are butthurt and suck at the game. That's the sad truth.

It is worse and time will bear this out I feel. Depending on what direction they want to take it in I guess. I mean if this was 2 years ago and we replaced MOP with CATACLYSM the same people would be saying the same things they are now. The more things change..
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I wonder how those people review a mmo in general, is it based on their first impression, the graphics or what? For us it's all about long term fun* and enough to do so we can look forward to log in again sometime soon, isn't it?

* whatever the individual think is fun, Blizzard tries to create a large amount of content to please us all

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    . Questing content is fun and exciting.
    LoL. Thank you sir. You've made my day.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    It is worse and time will bear this out I feel. Depending on what direction they want to take it in I guess. I mean if this was 2 years ago and we replaced MOP with CATACLYSM the same people would be saying the same things they are now. The more things change..
    It's worse in your opinion.

Millions of players who enjoy it though say different and are loving everything coming with 5.1.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

Brewmaster
    Metacritic is factual data? Wouldn't it be better asking, let's say, those having actually played the game a substantial amount? You do also know the expansion haven't been out more than 3 weeks? It is because of people like you games like World of Warcraft are getting bad ratings. Surely it isn't a 100/100 game, nor would it ever be. A game being 95/100 even should be exceptionally good. Do also remember WoW is actually 8 years old in a couple days. That's A LOT for a game still having 10M (+/-) subscribers. Just think about it. There have never been a game out there whom have had the same influence while also having the lasting power as what WoW has.

What I do not understand is those who criticize World of Warcraft for it's graphics. Most of those playing it love it. It is what made World of Warcraft the game it is. I have to say that I'm often driven away from games with overwhelmingly good graphics after a certain amount of time. I love GW2 graphics, but it was too much at times. I like it simple. I like it clean.

I would guess your mind is set in stone already, making MOP "yet another failed expansion". I'm not an hardcore gamer, nor have I been that since the end of TBC. I doubt I ever will be either. So I'll play the game as it is and enjoy doing it. I have mostly positive words to say about the expansion so far. The only thing that might be negative is purely based upon me not having enough time anymore to actually play the game to it's fullest. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    Uh IGN and Gamespot are not places where you should take a critic's review seriously. In general critics only give insight on what a game has going for it etc, what might appeal to someone and what wouldn't. One should never look a critic's review and go: "Wow that has a low score and they don't like it? I'll pass on getting that game then!"
    Last edited by Suikoden; 2012-10-13 at 03:57 PM.

LoL. Thank you sir. You've made my day.
    ....A lot of people enjoyed the levelling and questing.

Better flow than other expansions.

It's just their opinion man. Yours isn't law.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Can someone explain to me the point in posting this?

Cuz, that's great. The reviewers are reviewing a game whose full content isn't even out yet.

Great, they're somehow giving it a worse score than Cataclysm.

Do you actually expect it'll change anyone's opinions on the game and prevent them from playing.

If they like WoW, then play. Don't let someone tell you what the fuck to do.

And the people who dislike WoW, that's great, keep doing that. You have your reasoning.

But this thread has LITERALLY no point to it except to cause a Flame War and I have a gut feeling that was your ulterior motive.
    The part i don't get is where the OP is getting the idea IGN or Eurogamer don't like MoP when they gave the game 8/10 scores. While Gamespot hasn't even released there review yet.

Personally I'm enjoying it more than cataclysm. And when 5.1 hits, maybe more than wrath.

It's worse in your opinion.

Millions of players who enjoy it though say different and are loving everything coming with 5.1.
    It is worse in your opinion

Millions of players who enjoy it though say different and are loving everything coming with 4.1

The more things change...

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 03:52 PM ----------

....A lot of people enjoyed the levelling and questing.

Better flow than other expansions.

It's just their opinion man. Yours isn't law.
    I don't recall saying it was. You just decided to jump on me like I did. Amusing though.

Just like cataclysm it doesn't matter what they do good or bad, it's always the best. OP your thread was doomed to be flooded the minute you posted it. Blizzard is the luckiest company in the universe. They have so many people so far up their assholes...
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-13 at 03:54 PM.
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Then MMOs should have launch reviews and end reviews. Cataclysm could have deserved a 95 at launch and lower at end. Previous expansions are no reason to lower a new expansions reviews if the new one is good at launch.
    Game developpers like Blizzard don't pay magazines to write or publish "end reviews". In many magazines the game reviews fall under advertisement, because they rarely review games (or very few) or have a limit number of games they'll review as main articles (multiple pages, cover placement etc.)

It is worse in your opinion

Millions of players who enjoy it though say different and are loving everything coming with 4.1

The more things change...
    So.

And hold on cuz I remember an outrage with 4.1 cuz it was a re-release of ZG and ZA.

Your'e saying with the new approach they're taking with a content patch, being it with Solo PVE content and Scenarios to make the story flow better, not to mention an entire new PVP zone, is worse than that?

Alright, Atrahasis. Do you want the game to fail or something? Cuz I think no matter how I argue this with you it's simply going to sound like you do.

Herald of the Titans Geminiwolf's Avatar
    No matter who is reviewing doesn't make it factual. It's all opinionated no matter who is reviewing. All those companies like IGN who review games are just like us, they're not some super video game experts who knows everything about every game. This is what I don't understand people will say "yup this is the worst expansion so far look at metacritic's score". They'll go by someone else's review which again is opinionated not facts, instead of their own judgement. If you're a fan of a game like for example Gears of War and someone comes up to you and says "don't buy that game it's really stupid and boring" and you really liked that game are you going to listen to the person or are you going to get the game because you're a fan of it and you actually like the game? ALL reviewers IGN, Gamespot, Clevvergames, X-play, and even your Metacritic review games on THEIR opinion. There is no game out there that you can say "it's the best game ever made hands down" or "this is by far the worst game ever made" and say it like it's fact because it's not.

In fact most games me and my friend love are hated by most people and end up not getting sequels. So what I'm trying to say is that just because some top notch reviewer says it's bad doesn't mean it's fact it's all based on personal opinion no matter what game it is. The whole point of reviewing a game is basically to show you what the game is like and then at the end they will say THEIR OPINION of the game.
    Last edited by Geminiwolf; 2012-10-13 at 05:03 PM.
    “Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket." - Kneel Aurmstrang
    For your health.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Game developpers like Blizzard don't pay magazines to write or publish "end reviews". In many magazines the game reviews fall under advertisement, because they rarely review games (or very few) or have a limit number of games they'll review as main articles (multiple pages etc.)
    And therein lies the proof of why they can't be given full weight.

I always prefer websites like Penny Arcade (though I haven't visited them in a looong time) over magazines that are tied up in the money and politics required by the business side of things. I'm not blaming the game journalists, they're doing their job within the parameters of their job, but I don't feel it's a particularly trustworthy source 100%.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

For me i thought mop was gonna be bad
    Boy was i wrong its the best yet

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    yea but the thing is those websites aren't respected