Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    No, I said it's worse than what people expected (90-95%) and worse than the previous expansions.
    But we have someone with professional review experience here telling us that Cataclysm actually has an affect on MoP's scores, which is pretty dumb imo, but expected. The previous expansion has cast a shadow over this one. Word of mouth, however, is that MoP is freakin' great.

10+ Year Old Account
    You had a rule that you never play a game unless it is above 90% (stupid imo). Then you create a thread with a poll which is but a tiny percent of the wow population actually voted on and you base this as some sort of fact.

My question is, why do you care what IGN..Metacrtic says. So by your rule, you have not even touched MOP outside beta because it did not meet your rule of 90% +. How is 5% or so worse off. A game that gets above 70% is decent in my book. This blows Cataclysm etc out of the water and by this logic Cataclysm, the worst expansion ever in this franchise is better than MOP ?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I said it's worse than what people expected (90-95%) and worse than the previous expansions.
    I hope you realize this small community isn't even a blimp on everyone who plays WoW?
    MMO-Champion polls isn't something you can go off and state it off as a fact.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait until the Pokemon fad wears out, then the truth will shine.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

The content isn't all out yet, but you still have to pay for it all now, so reviewing it now is valid.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 05:21 PM ----------

So the fact that my friends like the game before all content out makes them wrong? .....Wow. Alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Who gives a fuck about some random websites opinion of WoW?

"Professional reviews" have literally never mattered for WOW, it's popularity comes from word of mouth, people usually say BC is the best expansion, they also say Cataclysm is the worst, not some random review site, they just hand the expansions generic 80-95 ratings and call it a day after leveling a character to max level.

lol. Well, I can say that Im having fun playing it. Sounds like a bunch of whinny people who always complain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Can't believe you trusted something from metacritic, i've seen it all now.
    Unless they're positive about WoW right? then its good and trustworthy!

I still think its hilarious that you are saying the because people didn't "guess" what a reviewers "opinion" would be that the game is somehow worse than previous expansions. That's like the equivalent of me trying to guess how long it would take you to eat a pizza. It took you 45 minutes in the past so I guess 45 minutes. It ends up taking you 52 minutes so therefore the pizza must not have been as good as previous times. Yeah, exactly... neither scenario makes any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    all of my former guild members are loving MoP so far. So it can`t be bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    Unless they're positive about WoW right? then its good and trustworthy!
    Its not about their opinion, metacritic is never a reliable review source no matter the game, its the same as people linking xfire and claiming a game is doing badly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    all of my former guild members are loving MoP so far. So it can`t be bad.
    This is anecdotal evidence. The figures I've produced have far more credibility.

Deleted
    A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-review-scores

The results were indisputable, most people predicted MoP would score 90-94%.

Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria

It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.

EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    Because 21 critics tell me whether or not I enjoy a game.

Deleted
    This is anecdotal evidence. The figures I've produced have far more credibility.
    Metacritic and credibility hardly goes hand in hand.

Metacritic's opinion is laughable. These are the geniuses who gave a shitty game like Kane&Linch 2 a 9.0 score.

a 9.0 to that piece of crap.

IGN, Metacritic, gamespot, they're all a bunch of idiots who have absolutely no idea what makes a game great and what doesn't. More than once i've seen them issue near perfect scores to unplayable messes of a game, and award poor scores to games that are downright classic material.

So yeah, their opinion is worth nothing.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Metacritic is a great resource if you want a collection of reviews right at your fingertips. It is a good place for me to start when I'm looking at games I don't know much about.

That didn't apply to MoP for me. I knew what I wanted, knew what I was getting into, and so far am very happy with the expansion.

Deleted
    Hey look, people have opinions that doesn't match with mine.

I'm having fun, a lot more so than I ever had in vanilla, tbc, wotlk or Cata. That's saying a lot.

Numbers be damned. Game critics are just people with opionions anyway.

We're talking about the Average Score of mostly the same Critics who gave COD : MW3 A FUCKING 88.

I wonder what drugs these review sites are on sometimes, probably some pretty darn good stuff because they're getting slipped money under the table by EA/Activision etc... /tinfoilhat

Also, Mass Effect 3... 89 .. Yea Metacritic has always been silly because it just compiles the reviews from the major sites which generally don't rate many Triple AAA titles below 80 ... And then the EA/Activision releases generally are always in the High 80 or 90's.
    Last edited by Daverid; 2012-10-13 at 04:43 PM.

I would like to know what those people are expecting about WoW, espacially after Cataclysm ?
    It's not like WoW is going to re-inevented itself, kill stuff, gather stuff, turn quest, get loot, enchant loot and go qq about how tired you are about those daily grind and why you are not geared in purple after 2 days

Deleted
    Best expansion ive played so far, and im not alone, take your MoP hate somewhere else, you aint welcome, dont like the game? dont play it then, we dont care.