Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't care what anyone thinks of MoP. I don't usually make comments like "if your opinion is different than mine your stupid".

But seriously...it doesn't matter if you think MoP sucks or whatever. Nobody can say it is worse than Cataclysm. Before you even hit 90 you realize how much Cataclysm sucked and how much of a difference putting all that work into cracking the barrens in half into a new continent instead. Get over the pandas people.

Can't believe you trusted something from metacritic, i've seen it all now.

Fail troll is fail. In the event (which I doubt) you're serious, I could care less about critics. I use my own mind for judgement and thinking of what I like & don't like. I like this expansion. It's fun, has a lot of content, and enjoyable. That's all I care about.

Threads like this are so tiresome. I don't honestly care what 'reviewers', professional or otherwise, think about something. If I like it, that's fine and that's really all that's important. If I don't like it, then I'll move on to something else.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-10-13 at 04:27 PM.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

IGN 8.7/10
    http://go.ign.com/VIW9VQ
    Eurogamer 8/10
    http://bit.ly/WgAWmx
    The Escapist : Mists of Pandaria Review
    http://bit.ly/UXP8x9 5/5
    Gamespy 8.4/10
    http://bit.ly/RoSpEX
    And you call it FAIL? LOL
    Screw Metacritics ^_^

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    This made me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Same happened for Vanilla, TBC, WotLK and Cataclysm. Some of the reviewers actually did see some of the raid content. The only reason why the scores for MoP are a bit lower now is because Blizzard lost a good amount of trust because of Diablo3 but most importantly Cataclysm, and the whole monthly subscribers system is catching flak too.
    You have to agree, though (I hope), that Blizzard's handling of another game, a past expansion, and their business model (which many gamers still prefer over nickle and dime to death F2P) are not a part of the expansion Mists of Pandaria and thus the industry skews their own reviews of a game. By that same mentality, every Sony produced game should suffer from their hacking debacle, Dragon Age 3 should be reviewed based on DA2's reception rather than its content, and every EA game should be shadowed by opinion of how EA runs their business.

They shouldn't be. A game review should be based on the game.

A WoW fan is obviously going to give his favourite game 90+ as score, someone who never played an mmo before might start playing and not enjoy the game at all and give it a 50/100 ... The scores of games are based on the market, and the market is growing ... with a lot of very casual players who don't have the time to enjoy or understand a game like WoW.
    This also has nothing to do with the review of the game's content. I hate FPS games. Seriously, I hate them. They are the worst genre of gaming (because I suck at them). I don't have the patience to deal with them and the online content of jerks on live with them. That doesn't mean a damn good FPS doesn't deserve a 90 either.

Game reviews are opinions, yes, but the journalistic industry should be unbiased by unrelated factors and give the facts, what the person liked, and what they didn't. Honestly, I sometimes think a review article should simply list what's good, what's not so good, what's bad, and what the reviewer liked/disliked and there should be no number, star, or grading system on reviews. But that would require the general public to read and form an opinion. We don't do that in today's society.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I actually have a good argument for you.

THis is my first year in college.

I was talking to some kids that played WoW in Vanilla/BC and quit cuz they hated the game.

I was talking to some kids who played a Trial of WoW OR never even played it, and hated it.

I showed them Mists while I was playing. I told them to, if anything, try it, and let them make characters on my account while we were together.

They absolutely loved it.

This is why I hate reviewers.

They deter players away from a game they're not even willing to try.

But because I did that, I gave Blizzard 11 new and old subscribers :P.
    Please don't generalize all reviewers of swaying the sheeple. It's just most bad reviewers that are like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Can someone explain to me the point in posting this?

Cuz, that's great. The reviewers are reviewing a game whose full content isn't even out yet.

Great, they're somehow giving it a worse score than Cataclysm.

Do you actually expect it'll change anyone's opinions on the game and prevent them from playing.

If they like WoW, then play. Don't let someone tell you what the fuck to do.

And the people who dislike WoW, that's great, keep doing that. You have your reasoning.

But this thread has LITERALLY no point to it except to cause a Flame War and I have a gut feeling that was your ulterior motive.
    The content isn't all out yet, but you still have to pay for it all now, so reviewing it now is valid.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 05:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    IGN 8.7/10
    http://go.ign.com/VIW9VQ
    Eurogamer 8/10
    http://bit.ly/WgAWmx
    The Escapist : Mists of Pandaria Review
    http://bit.ly/UXP8x9 5/5
    Gamespy 8.4/10
    http://bit.ly/RoSpEX
    And you call it FAIL? LOL
    Screw Metacritics ^_^
    No, I said it's worse than what people expected (90-95%) and worse than the previous expansions.

No, I said it's worse than what people expected (90-95%) and worse than the previous expansions.
    But we have someone with professional review experience here telling us that Cataclysm actually has an affect on MoP's scores, which is pretty dumb imo, but expected. The previous expansion has cast a shadow over this one. Word of mouth, however, is that MoP is freakin' great.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

You had a rule that you never play a game unless it is above 90% (stupid imo). Then you create a thread with a poll which is but a tiny percent of the wow population actually voted on and you base this as some sort of fact.

My question is, why do you care what IGN..Metacrtic says. So by your rule, you have not even touched MOP outside beta because it did not meet your rule of 90% +. How is 5% or so worse off. A game that gets above 70% is decent in my book. This blows Cataclysm etc out of the water and by this logic Cataclysm, the worst expansion ever in this franchise is better than MOP ?

I hope you realize this small community isn't even a blimp on everyone who plays WoW?
    MMO-Champion polls isn't something you can go off and state it off as a fact.

Wait until the Pokemon fad wears out, then the truth will shine.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

The content isn't all out yet, but you still have to pay for it all now, so reviewing it now is valid.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 05:21 PM ----------

So the fact that my friends like the game before all content out makes them wrong? .....Wow. Alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

Who gives a fuck about some random websites opinion of WoW?

"Professional reviews" have literally never mattered for WOW, it's popularity comes from word of mouth, people usually say BC is the best expansion, they also say Cataclysm is the worst, not some random review site, they just hand the expansions generic 80-95 ratings and call it a day after leveling a character to max level.

lol. Well, I can say that Im having fun playing it. Sounds like a bunch of whinny people who always complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Can't believe you trusted something from metacritic, i've seen it all now.
    Unless they're positive about WoW right? then its good and trustworthy!

I still think its hilarious that you are saying the because people didn't "guess" what a reviewers "opinion" would be that the game is somehow worse than previous expansions. That's like the equivalent of me trying to guess how long it would take you to eat a pizza. It took you 45 minutes in the past so I guess 45 minutes. It ends up taking you 52 minutes so therefore the pizza must not have been as good as previous times. Yeah, exactly... neither scenario makes any sense.

all of my former guild members are loving MoP so far. So it can`t be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    Unless they're positive about WoW right? then its good and trustworthy!
    Its not about their opinion, metacritic is never a reliable review source no matter the game, its the same as people linking xfire and claiming a game is doing badly.