Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    all of my former guild members are loving MoP so far. So it can`t be bad.
    This is anecdotal evidence. The figures I've produced have far more credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-review-scores

The results were indisputable, most people predicted MoP would score 90-94%.

Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria

It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.

EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    Because 21 critics tell me whether or not I enjoy a game.

This is anecdotal evidence. The figures I've produced have far more credibility.
    Metacritic and credibility hardly goes hand in hand.

Metacritic's opinion is laughable. These are the geniuses who gave a shitty game like Kane&Linch 2 a 9.0 score.

a 9.0 to that piece of crap.

IGN, Metacritic, gamespot, they're all a bunch of idiots who have absolutely no idea what makes a game great and what doesn't. More than once i've seen them issue near perfect scores to unplayable messes of a game, and award poor scores to games that are downright classic material.

So yeah, their opinion is worth nothing.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Metacritic is a great resource if you want a collection of reviews right at your fingertips. It is a good place for me to start when I'm looking at games I don't know much about.

That didn't apply to MoP for me. I knew what I wanted, knew what I was getting into, and so far am very happy with the expansion.

Hey look, people have opinions that doesn't match with mine.

I'm having fun, a lot more so than I ever had in vanilla, tbc, wotlk or Cata. That's saying a lot.

Numbers be damned. Game critics are just people with opionions anyway.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

We're talking about the Average Score of mostly the same Critics who gave COD : MW3 A FUCKING 88.

I wonder what drugs these review sites are on sometimes, probably some pretty darn good stuff because they're getting slipped money under the table by EA/Activision etc... /tinfoilhat

Also, Mass Effect 3... 89 .. Yea Metacritic has always been silly because it just compiles the reviews from the major sites which generally don't rate many Triple AAA titles below 80 ... And then the EA/Activision releases generally are always in the High 80 or 90's.
    Last edited by Daverid; 2012-10-13 at 04:43 PM.

I would like to know what those people are expecting about WoW, espacially after Cataclysm ?
    It's not like WoW is going to re-inevented itself, kill stuff, gather stuff, turn quest, get loot, enchant loot and go qq about how tired you are about those daily grind and why you are not geared in purple after 2 days

Best expansion ive played so far, and im not alone, take your MoP hate somewhere else, you aint welcome, dont like the game? dont play it then, we dont care.
    And Already The World Looks A Little Less Bright.....

Those numbers are wrong! I don't care what other people say, MoP is hands down the best expansion in MMO history. I will not get into the details of why.... now where's my bamboo i'm getting hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by StenchSlash View Post
    I hope you realize this small community isn't even a blimp on everyone who plays WoW?
    MMO-Champion polls isn't something you can go off and state it off as a fact.
    The opinions of a majority r fact!111

i am a professional in dis field of study so i no wut im saying!

Actually the only credible review is the one you make yourself.

Stood in the Fire
    Metacritic is nothing but a sack of horseshit. People oughta know that by now.

"There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

The results were indisputable, most people predicted MoP would score 90-94%.

It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.
    I've seen people downrank Wow because the store/website they bought it from mailed it late. I also saw a "critic" review where the reviewer didn't like the fact that he couldn't manually dodge attacks with his new monk character.

1 MMO champion survey (before Mop's release), metacritic reviews and various "critic" reviews aren't enough "factual data" to make any reliable conclusions about Mop. Also, while opinions can be considered "factual data," calling opinions "factual data" doesn't increase their accuracy or validity.

Sub numbers next released next quarter will tell us more about the quality of Mop, than any user/critic review.

Holy crap! There are critics out there who think this expansion is the worst one yet!

Wait! Let me reavaulate my personally feelings about the expansion, so that they conform with these random critics on the internet!

"Yeah, I used to think MoP was good, but they told me it wasn't. This expansion sucks."

Honestly, it's just like those people where you ask them about a new movie that came out and they say: "Nah, I didn't go see it. I heard it was bad."

Letting the rest of the world decide whether or not you enjoy something is not a good habit to get in to.
    Last edited by OneSent; 2012-10-13 at 04:51 PM.

I sure do the love the massive disparity between the user reviews and the critic reviews. That was the first problem OP, using Metacritic for any serious discussion. That site is terrible. The 'critics' are basically paid to talk about the game. MoP overall is pretty bad because of the anti-Alt and heavy grinding direction they decided to take the game. Based on what I've done so far, MoP basically feels like a grindy WotLK 2.0 without the good lore to carry it. I want to play my alts but they've been sitting there gaining dust since MoP because the amount of grind required to even get them LFR ready is seriously somewhere near 50 hours. That doesn't even include the Rep grind that I'd have to do to even get the profession stuff too. Exalted with Celestials just for the new fucking bag. It's really a shame too. They put a lot of effort into the game (relative to Cata), it's just too bad that it was all into things I generally don't have interest in or can't stand. I give "Mists of Grindaria" a 5/10. It feels like a couple steps back from Cata, which is really hard for me to say when it's raids seem so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    The opinions of a majority r fact!111

i am a professional in dis field of study so i no wut im saying!
    Honestly I would say a majority of MMO-Champ discusses World of Warcraft while the other percentile discusses my little pony....our opinion hardly matters.

Wait now, were letting people who DO NOT play wow do a review and trusting thier opinion??? Isn't that kinda like asking a gay guy how good some chick was in bed???

The scores on metacritic seem to go down also so I don't expect it to stay at even 8.3 for long. I like MoP but whether it will hold my interest is debatable as I'm already finding the number of daily quests annoying at 90 and the dungeons too easy.