Page 1 of 34
... LastLast
    Deleted

Verdict finally in: MoP is substantially worse than previous expansions

A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-review-scores

The results were indisputable, most people predicted MoP would score 90-94%.

Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria

It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointing out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.

EDIT1: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.

EDIT2:
    Some points people have raised and my response:
    - "It's impossible to judge this expansion until it's near the end, so the reviews don't matter"
    - My response: You still have to pay full price for the expansion now, regardless of whether it's patch 5.3 or not, so reviews are valid.

- "Metacritic/IGN/gamespot suck(s), therefore you are wrong."
    - My response: The theme of this post is the critics judgement of MoP. Also, if these reviewers had given extremely positive reviews of MoP, then I think a lot of people in this thread would have been defending them rather than attacking them.

- "MoP got 83%, why do you say MoP sucks?"
    - My response: I'm not saying MoP sucks, I'm saying critical reception of MoP is far worse than previous expansions.

- "MoP is based on a 8 year old engine, ofc it's gonna be worse!"
    - My response: Cataclysm was for a 6 year old game and it got rave reviews, do you really think 2 years should make such a drastic impact?

- "All my friends think MoP is awesome, therefore it is awesome."
    - My response: This is anecdotal evidence and as such invalid in the larger context.
    Last edited by mmoc6642dc9ce9; 2012-10-14 at 12:32 PM.

phew its only what 21 critics think...most of which i've never heard of...good things millions of players not rating it are just playing it instead.

including me....logging onto wow right...........now!

Calling metacritic as factual data wiped your credibility out of existence instantly, even though I do agree that the quality continues to drop.

Deleted
    Some people will have down-voted it just because they could. Some of the players won't even have actuall experienced the content yet and some probably down-voted it just because they were cry babies who couldn't stand server queues

Well, MoP is first good WoW expansion since (mid) WotLK so fuck the scores.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:

Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria

It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.
    Metacritic are critics who are fanbois pissed that Cataclysm was horribad and lasted long. You can't judge video games because people have different taste. Pandaria is actually the best thing to have happened in WoW since WoW. The things that are coming our way are just perfect. If you need a critic to say that the game is bad, a game you've played all your life, than you are just questioning yourself and should just leave.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.
    Rating of a game has never determined the quality of it, I'm sorry if you believe that and if it's affecting the way you play WoW.

If you aren't playing WoW, then why are you here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Metacritics is hardly a trustworthy source. There's people who have quit wow long since giving it really low scores to bring it down. They probably haven't even bought MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
    Some people will have down-voted it just because they could. Some of the players won't even have actuall experienced the content yet and some probably down-voted it just because they were cry babies who couldn't stand server queues
    It was downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogamer etc.

How many people do you think gave a negative review because of a "ZOMG kungfupanda casualcraft" mindset?

Deleted
    I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.
    *huge facepalm*
    people's opinions is factual data on the quality of the expansion is it?

Right and we can trust the reviewers at Metacritic because they scored Cataclysm so spot on.

Troll? Fail troll.

Infracted

Lol, Metacritic.

4.4 user score, ROFL. MoP is bad even the critics see that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait from the link you provided the Critics voted it all possitive with high scores & its the user scores that are bad & anyone can do those.
    people are to busy playing instead of rating it.

Both IGN & EG gave MoP good scores 8/10 is considered bad now?
    IGN Review - http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/10/0...andaria-review - 8.7 (Great) Editor's Choice
    EG Review - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...andaria-review 8/10
    Last edited by Arbs; 2012-10-13 at 04:01 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I've never been a fan of critic reviews, who are they to tell me what I'll like? Reviews for Taken2 were terrible on rotten tomato but I saw it anyways. I liked the movie, it wasn't omfg best film of the century, but it was entertaining and worth my money. WoW is the same, for every person who has a gripe there will be someone with praises.

Listen to most videogame podcasts, read reviews, hell just listen to a general consensus of people around and you'll find that alot of people are just done with MMO's in their current capacity. This has nothing to do with the quality of the content they consume and everything to with the fact that some people really just don't want to play wow anymore. Also, reviews for an MMO expansion that has been out for a little over 2 weeks? C'mon internet....

Deleted
    Aw, welp. I thought I was having fun but I guess this expansion is pretty bad. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how we judge an entire expansion by the first month played and having no idea how the story ends.