Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    hahaha, reading the user reviews is a joke, basically people are pissed and it has gotten loads of 0's which is hardly fair considering no game ever created deserves a 0.

people on meta-critic, for the most part, only go on there to whine and bitch, rarely praise.... unless it's a bandwagon thing.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Considering 2.7 million people bought it week one and that "fact" you posted is a review based on 21 people, I'll safely conclude that your "fact" is a lot closer to crap. If I go logged into WoW right now and asked 21 random people what they would rate WoW, you'd laugh at me for trying to give my test as proof of fact.

The only thing that will tell are the sub numbers, period. If sub numbers plummet, you can call MoP a failure. If they remain the same or raise, I'd call that a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    The main reason why WoW is getting bad reviews is because game reviewers have an egg to peel with Blizzard about how horribly bad the rest of Cataclysm was after the reviewers had been so "kind" to give great reviews and publicity for Cataclysm at launch.

The few reviews I had to write for different magazines gave Mists of Pandaria an ~82, mostly because we had given them a 95 for Cataclysm, which they then took for granted and took a run with to deliver absolutely crap content for the remainder of the expansion. Reviewers aren't trusting Blizzard anymore since Diablo 3 and Cataclysm. Before Blizzard might've gotten great scores because the professional critics knew that Blizzard was a reliable quality delivering company, those days are over and it's up to Blizzard to proove their worth again instead of us nearly blindly believing that they'll deliver good quality.
    If yall are handing out current scores based on how a company acted and not the actual content your playing you are doing it so unbelievably wrong.

You say factual data then link to metacritic. /headinhands
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.

EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    Really? Just an innocent attempt at providing useful data huh? Man, if you're going to come on the forums trying to bait people at least own up to it. The problem with your numbers is they don't compare the opinions of the same people in both situations. The only way those numbers could hold any true significance would be if you had asked 100 people (arbitrary number) what they expected MoP to be and then asked those *same* 100 people what they thought after playing it for a month. The fact that some random people expected it to be good and then another (seperate) random group of people aren't rating it highly means nothing.

In addition... none of it truely matters. At the end of the day all that matters is whether you like it or not. The same applies to a band's new album, or a new movie, or a book. Good luck finding anything that gets 100% positive reviews because the world is full of cynical people that like to hate things just for the sake of hating on them. I don't care if the rating is 22%... if I'm enjoying the game... and I am by the way... then I just don't care.

Deleted
    I thought the relation of
    metacritic -> useful critical reviews
    was the same relation as
    McDonalds -> tasty and healthy food

honestly, metacritic is just haters and their sockpuppets

'Factual data' and 'Metacritic' do not go together.

You want to know why its scored low? Because people who don't even own the game are able to vote.

People who are so childish they have a crying fit over the concept of Pandaren being in the game, or the fact WoW isn't dead yet. People who are still butthurt over the fact Diablo had a rough launch for a day or two (seriously, get over it crybabies, every launch for every game has issues), people who are butthurt that GW2 didn't kill WoW, and general morons who think its funny to downrate games.

Here's some 'factual data' for you. Most people I know consider this to be a good expansion, nearly everyone considered it to be better then Cataclysm, and some people even think its the best ever.

So shut up please. You're entitled to your opinion (which should be based off your own experiences, not what you've been told by others), but you're not entitled to state that MoP is 'the worst expansion ever' based off Metacritic.

'L.O.L'.

Deleted
    IGN = give cash for a good review

10+ Year Old Account
    I know of alot of games & movies that got bad reviews, but were actually amazing. I never listen to critics as I know what fun to me, if I wanna know about a game I will just call up someone I know has the game or seen the movie & I just ask them about it instead.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Reviewers are often asked to write "reviews" several days before the games actually become available to the public. Same happened with MoP and reviewers had been given beta access accounts to write their reviews. When a new game is about to release people want to know if the game will be good in the same week (and preferably before) the game is released.
    I'm well aware, as i'm sure everyone else is, how the reviews process works. You have to put your review out day 1 for the clicks, I get that. Does not make the fact that it's not even remotely enough time to review the product less factual. Reviewing expansions until you have all the content is dumb. Simple as that. Would you judge a season of a t.v show based on 2 episodes?

You asked every person playing MoP for their opinion? Wow nice!

Sorry no. It's a system of reliability and consistency. Like you say you can't possibly have a comprehensible review of an mmo 2 weeks after it's released, but reviewers often get asked to write their reviews days before the actual release by playing pre-release versions (or beta access versions) that are given to them. Part of the score of games will always depend on the reliability of a company to deliver content, customer service and product updates, but also price.

And mainly the latter "price" is currently causing reviewers to give WoW lower scores than before. Critics aren't gullible idiots who belief everything companies tell them, they're usually very well aware of how the resource management of a games developer work. Compared to other games WoW is being very greedy and stingy with putting their resources to actual use. A lot of this has to do with the new 'work ethos' that Kotick has forced down the throats of Blizzard though.
    Sorry, yes. I'm not reading your review or looking at your score based off of how the last expansion pissed you(the reviewer off). If i wanted to know about the other expansion I'd go look there. I got to your review on MoP to read about the stuff in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    It was downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogamer etc.
    And they are totally trustworthy these days, aren't they?

Professional reviewers have a bias. Its called 'ad revenue'. They are paid to give good reviews, and if they don't get paid then they trash the game. Anyone who takes IGN in particular seriously needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Yeah and Ebert gives every movie I like a bad review too.

Rate it however you want. Its still a better expac than Cataclysm.

I love the xpack so far. As a currently top 10 US guild raider I find the raid encounters pretty well done. The world is beautiful as well, with loads to do.

My very casual wife, who also plays is loving it as well. The heroic dungeons are tuned fine for her level of play, and she's had fun doing the achievements and all the quests ect.

Besides PVP this xpack is right up there. It's sure not burning crusade but there won't ever be another like that. I personally think it beat the death out of wrath and cat thus far. With tons more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBacon View Post
    Aw, welp. I thought I was having fun but I guess this expansion is pretty bad. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
    lol'd hard xD

15+ Year Old Account
    People are saying this expansion is bad?

Well crap, there goes all my fun!

Guess it's about time to quit then eh?
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    So we're suppose to base opinion as fact from 21 people who reviewed the game ? Does that not sound really stupid to anyone else ? Regardless I could care less, I'm enjoying the game and don't need a critic to tell me otherwise. Even then, critics suck and aren't worth taking at face value.