Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I love the xpack so far. As a currently top 10 US guild raider I find the raid encounters pretty well done. The world is beautiful as well, with loads to do.

My very casual wife, who also plays is loving it as well. The heroic dungeons are tuned fine for her level of play, and she's had fun doing the achievements and all the quests ect.

Besides PVP this xpack is right up there. It's sure not burning crusade but there won't ever be another like that. I personally think it beat the death out of wrath and cat thus far. With tons more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBacon View Post
    Aw, welp. I thought I was having fun but I guess this expansion is pretty bad. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
    lol'd hard xD

People are saying this expansion is bad?

Well crap, there goes all my fun!

Guess it's about time to quit then eh?
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    | [MoP]Ret Paladin Guide | Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Warchief
    So we're suppose to base opinion as fact from 21 people who reviewed the game ? Does that not sound really stupid to anyone else ? Regardless I could care less, I'm enjoying the game and don't need a critic to tell me otherwise. Even then, critics suck and aren't worth taking at face value.

A lot of reviews aren't reviewing MoP - they're reviewing WoW, and their minds are made up before they ever get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcshiz View Post
    Sorry, yes. I'm not reading your review or looking at your score based off of how the last expansion pissed you(the reviewer off). If i wanted to know about the other expansion I'd go look there. I got to your review on MoP to read about the stuff in MoP.
    If MoP turns out as badly for the remainder of the expansion again as Cataclysm then people won't be able to complain about us having given it a 95/100 again.

Curriculum plays an important part in what scores games get.
    The cheapest form of pride is national pride. The man who possesses outstanding personal qualities will rather see most clearly the faults of his own nation, for he has them constantly before his eyes. But every miserable fool, who has nothing in the world whereof he could be proud, resorts to being proud of the very nation to which he belongs. In this he finds compensation and is now ready and thankful to defend, … all the faults and follies peculiar to it. - Schopenhauer

I must be pretty weird that I think MoP is the best xpac at launch. Seem like reviewers don't agree with me. lol

All of the "review" websites are full of BS and slander, if a game company is not paying them for the rating review, they shovel shit on you.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    So we're suppose to base opinion as fact from 21 people who reviewed the game ? Does that not sound really stupid to anyone else ? Regardless I could care less, I'm enjoying the game and don't need a critic to tell me otherwise. Even then, critics suck and aren't worth taking at face value.
    The funny part is those 21 people gave the game really good reviews, its the user reviews are the bad ones & those can be faked very easily majority of them were made less than 24 hours of MoP being out.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-review-scores

The results were indisputable, most people predicted MoP would score 90-94%.

Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria

It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.

EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    None of these critics are actually respected, they are greedy hoes that will sell their soul for any kind of payment.

Knowing that, they probably have been bought by several competitors to slam Blizzard into the ground.

If you allowed yourself to use your brain you'd know, you can't really say x expansion is worse than expansion y z b c or something untill the next expansion hits. If MoP ends with more subs than Cataclysm, it will be better than all previous expansions excluding wrath. The fact that MoP hasn't launched in China yet, makes these reports even more bullshit. Didn't they also say Swotr and Rift would be hits? Same for GW? Guess what, they aren't and will never be anything but failures.

So there you have it, IGN, Eurogamer and Gamespot derived to the pile of donkey poop they actually are.

It was downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogamer etc.
    SO the "expert" critics are telling all of us were are fools and morons for liking this game?

Gaming journalism is somewhere next to Fox News as far as trustworthy sources go in regards to video game quality unless you're talking about individual blogs, because any smart gaming review site will pander to whoever pays their ad space.

Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

Lol, review made the day after MoP came out, with negative scores because the expac didn't come with a free month. This is serious business, factual and extremely fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevra View Post
    It's a #$^&*@ fantasy game. You're a blue space goat riding around on flying serpents killing dragons the size of continents. And you're wondering why a gryphon doesn't look like an eagle?

MoP is the best time period to play since sometime in Wrath. Anyone that tells you otherwise has absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

It was downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogamer etc.
    Eurogamer & IGN gave it possitive reviews, IGN gave it 8.7 (Great), Eurogamer gave it 8/10 (Great). Where are these downvoted reviews your talking about ?

A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:

Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria

It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.

EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    Well played.

Dude....player reviews are what matters. I have never trusted a critic on a game or a movie or anything, they are over critical and foolish in most cases. Some of my favorite games received 7 or below from the critics.

MoP is in my book close second to TBC, which is very, very good.
    Most reviewers have absolutely no idea how to actually review games - look at past releases and are usually turds.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    SO the "expert" critics are telling all of us were are fools and morons for liking this game?
    Same reason as to why Gordon Ramsey might walk into your favourite restaurant and starts spitting the food back out and calling the chef a donkey.

That's an often made comparison by reviewers during Cataclysm, a lot of professional game reviewers were absolutely dumb founded as to why millions of people were enjoying Dragon Soul for more than 10 months. Such will remain a riddle for a long time I'm afraid, because there was absolutely nothing positive to write about the game in the era of the 4.3 patch.
    The cheapest form of pride is national pride. The man who possesses outstanding personal qualities will rather see most clearly the faults of his own nation, for he has them constantly before his eyes. But every miserable fool, who has nothing in the world whereof he could be proud, resorts to being proud of the very nation to which he belongs. In this he finds compensation and is now ready and thankful to defend, … all the faults and follies peculiar to it. - Schopenhauer

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    If MoP turns out as badly for the remainder of the expansion again as Cataclysm then people won't be able to complain about us having given it a 95/100 again.

Curriculum plays an important part in what scores games get.
    Then MMOs should have launch reviews and end reviews. Cataclysm could have deserved a 95 at launch and lower at end. Previous expansions are no reason to lower a new expansions reviews if the new one is good at launch.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."