Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Funny. I've been playing in non-stop since it came out and I still haven't leveled a monk, done much pet battling, nor seeing much of the first raid. How can they make reviews when they likely haven't taken the time to absorb themselves into the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Yes because "professional" critics are always right...

The only difference between a "professional" critic and a random player is that they get paid to give their opinion of the game.
    Hardly, A professional one often happens to have the ability to separate facts and his personal opinion and post in a constructive non biased way, Not saying all of them got that ability thought.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    You mean the metacritic score that goes up or down depending on whether or not the company is willing to pay?

10+ Year Old Account
    You should always take those reviews sites with a pinch of salt. Those sites are stating there opinion on the game.
    When I watch Totalbiscuits first impression videos, I don't consider his opinion the holy grail nor do I consider mine that.

I'm enjoying this expansion far more than Wrath and especially more than Cataclysm so far.
    It's kind of crazy just how much reviewers actually effect on games because people are too blind sided and can't state there own opinion on a subject instead they simply just google "World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria review" and be like "Oh, this guy says it's bad. This game sucks."

Quote Originally Posted by StenchSlash View Post
    You should always take those reviews sites with a pinch of salt. Those sites are stating there opinion on the game.
    When I watch Totalbiscuits first impression videos, I don't consider his opinion the holy grail nor do I consider mine that.

I'm enjoying this expansion far more than Wrath and especially more than Cataclysm so far.
    It's kind of crazy just how much reviewers actually effect on games because people are too blind sided and can't state there own opinion on a subject instead they simply just google "World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria review" and be like "Oh, this guy says it's bad. This game sucks."
    ^This.

It's just like any Fan or Hater's opinion on the game on this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by ign
    The best questing in World of Warcraft, with strong emphasis on storytelling, resulting in an entertaining run from 85 to 90 that seldom tumbles into tedium.
    Rated the leveling experience, not the entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by GameSpy
    World of Warcraft is one of the few MMORPGs that manages to pull off a satisfying endgame (and thereby justify its outdated subscription model), and the classes and gameplay have reached a blinding level of polish over the last seven years. While it's no longer the only choice out there for a great MMO experience, World of Warcraft seems content with its place.
    Rated it's sub model, not the content.

OMG OP you are totally right. I will cancel my sub instantly because a few people on the internet hate the game. I'll have to quit liking this game and find something cooler like all those superduper cool CoD games!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Same happened for Vanilla, TBC, WotLK and Cataclysm. Some of the reviewers actually did see some of the raid content. The only reason why the scores for MoP are a bit lower now is because Blizzard lost a good amount of trust because of Diablo3 but most importantly Cataclysm, and the whole monthly subscribers system is catching flak too.

People often say that reviewers are doing it wrong when the public doesn't agree with them. The problem is that the public is much bigger than the people who play MoP. If MoP had gotten a 90 again all the people who play other games like CoD, LoL, GW2, SW etc. would've been putting the forums on fire or complaining about how our reviews make no sense and that the game is absolutely shit and should've gotten less than 50, etc. etc.

A WoW fan is obviously going to give his favourite game 90+ as score, someone who never played an mmo before might start playing and not enjoy the game at all and give it a 50/100 ...
    I actually have a good argument for you.

THis is my first year in college.

I was talking to some kids that played WoW in Vanilla/BC and quit cuz they hated the game.

I was talking to some kids who played a Trial of WoW OR never even played it, and hated it.

I showed them Mists while I was playing. I told them to, if anything, try it, and let them make characters on my account while we were together.

They absolutely loved it.

This is why I hate reviewers.

They deter players away from a game they're not even willing to try.

But because I did that, I gave Blizzard 11 new and old subscribers :P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I would never let someone else decide my opinions about anything, especially a video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pft people make 'verdicts' based on Meta Critic? That's adorable.

An expansion doesn't show it's true colours right after it's released every decent gamer knows that. It'll either end up worth the time and price of admission like I (am of the opinion) believe BC/Wrath did, or it won't (again) like I believe Cataclysm did.

<Usual schmuck about how much weight reviews should actually have on your perception>
    Last edited by Aqua; 2012-10-13 at 04:20 PM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

"professional" critics are much like the big names in games development

Nongamers

They need to stop making it such a job and give the critics more time to actually play games then they might actually have a clue what they are on about. Same for games developers.

Games used to be made by gamers for gamers. They are now made by hard working people who dont have a lot of time for games
    Games used to be reviewed by gamers. they are now reviewed by people who work hard at deadlines and writing things ect ect.
    Get the gamers back into the games industry and kick out all these fakes or we are going to end up a joke like the movie industry.

I don't care what anyone thinks of MoP. I don't usually make comments like "if your opinion is different than mine your stupid".

But seriously...it doesn't matter if you think MoP sucks or whatever. Nobody can say it is worse than Cataclysm. Before you even hit 90 you realize how much Cataclysm sucked and how much of a difference putting all that work into cracking the barrens in half into a new continent instead. Get over the pandas people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't believe you trusted something from metacritic, i've seen it all now.

Fail troll is fail. In the event (which I doubt) you're serious, I could care less about critics. I use my own mind for judgement and thinking of what I like & don't like. I like this expansion. It's fun, has a lot of content, and enjoyable. That's all I care about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Threads like this are so tiresome. I don't honestly care what 'reviewers', professional or otherwise, think about something. If I like it, that's fine and that's really all that's important. If I don't like it, then I'll move on to something else.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-10-13 at 04:27 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

IGN 8.7/10
    http://go.ign.com/VIW9VQ
    Eurogamer 8/10
    http://bit.ly/WgAWmx
    The Escapist : Mists of Pandaria Review
    http://bit.ly/UXP8x9 5/5
    Gamespy 8.4/10
    http://bit.ly/RoSpEX
    And you call it FAIL? LOL
    Screw Metacritics ^_^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    This made me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Same happened for Vanilla, TBC, WotLK and Cataclysm. Some of the reviewers actually did see some of the raid content. The only reason why the scores for MoP are a bit lower now is because Blizzard lost a good amount of trust because of Diablo3 but most importantly Cataclysm, and the whole monthly subscribers system is catching flak too.
    You have to agree, though (I hope), that Blizzard's handling of another game, a past expansion, and their business model (which many gamers still prefer over nickle and dime to death F2P) are not a part of the expansion Mists of Pandaria and thus the industry skews their own reviews of a game. By that same mentality, every Sony produced game should suffer from their hacking debacle, Dragon Age 3 should be reviewed based on DA2's reception rather than its content, and every EA game should be shadowed by opinion of how EA runs their business.

They shouldn't be. A game review should be based on the game.

A WoW fan is obviously going to give his favourite game 90+ as score, someone who never played an mmo before might start playing and not enjoy the game at all and give it a 50/100 ... The scores of games are based on the market, and the market is growing ... with a lot of very casual players who don't have the time to enjoy or understand a game like WoW.
    This also has nothing to do with the review of the game's content. I hate FPS games. Seriously, I hate them. They are the worst genre of gaming (because I suck at them). I don't have the patience to deal with them and the online content of jerks on live with them. That doesn't mean a damn good FPS doesn't deserve a 90 either.

Game reviews are opinions, yes, but the journalistic industry should be unbiased by unrelated factors and give the facts, what the person liked, and what they didn't. Honestly, I sometimes think a review article should simply list what's good, what's not so good, what's bad, and what the reviewer liked/disliked and there should be no number, star, or grading system on reviews. But that would require the general public to read and form an opinion. We don't do that in today's society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I actually have a good argument for you.

THis is my first year in college.

I was talking to some kids that played WoW in Vanilla/BC and quit cuz they hated the game.

I was talking to some kids who played a Trial of WoW OR never even played it, and hated it.

I showed them Mists while I was playing. I told them to, if anything, try it, and let them make characters on my account while we were together.

They absolutely loved it.

This is why I hate reviewers.

They deter players away from a game they're not even willing to try.

But because I did that, I gave Blizzard 11 new and old subscribers :P.
    Please don't generalize all reviewers of swaying the sheeple. It's just most bad reviewers that are like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Can someone explain to me the point in posting this?

Cuz, that's great. The reviewers are reviewing a game whose full content isn't even out yet.

Great, they're somehow giving it a worse score than Cataclysm.

Do you actually expect it'll change anyone's opinions on the game and prevent them from playing.

If they like WoW, then play. Don't let someone tell you what the fuck to do.

And the people who dislike WoW, that's great, keep doing that. You have your reasoning.

But this thread has LITERALLY no point to it except to cause a Flame War and I have a gut feeling that was your ulterior motive.
    The content isn't all out yet, but you still have to pay for it all now, so reviewing it now is valid.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 05:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    IGN 8.7/10
    http://go.ign.com/VIW9VQ
    Eurogamer 8/10
    http://bit.ly/WgAWmx
    The Escapist : Mists of Pandaria Review
    http://bit.ly/UXP8x9 5/5
    Gamespy 8.4/10
    http://bit.ly/RoSpEX
    And you call it FAIL? LOL
    Screw Metacritics ^_^
    No, I said it's worse than what people expected (90-95%) and worse than the previous expansions.