Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Those numbers are wrong! I don't care what other people say, MoP is hands down the best expansion in MMO history. I will not get into the details of why.... now where's my bamboo i'm getting hungry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StenchSlash View Post
    I hope you realize this small community isn't even a blimp on everyone who plays WoW?
    MMO-Champion polls isn't something you can go off and state it off as a fact.
    The opinions of a majority r fact!111

i am a professional in dis field of study so i no wut im saying!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    This is anecdotal evidence. The figures I've produced have far more credibility.
    Actually the only credible review is the one you make yourself.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Metacritic is nothing but a sack of horseshit. People oughta know that by now.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    The results were indisputable, most people predicted MoP would score 90-94%.

It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.
    I've seen people downrank Wow because the store/website they bought it from mailed it late. I also saw a "critic" review where the reviewer didn't like the fact that he couldn't manually dodge attacks with his new monk character.

1 MMO champion survey (before Mop's release), metacritic reviews and various "critic" reviews aren't enough "factual data" to make any reliable conclusions about Mop. Also, while opinions can be considered "factual data," calling opinions "factual data" doesn't increase their accuracy or validity.

Sub numbers next released next quarter will tell us more about the quality of Mop, than any user/critic review.

Holy crap! There are critics out there who think this expansion is the worst one yet!

Wait! Let me reavaulate my personally feelings about the expansion, so that they conform with these random critics on the internet!

"Yeah, I used to think MoP was good, but they told me it wasn't. This expansion sucks."

Honestly, it's just like those people where you ask them about a new movie that came out and they say: "Nah, I didn't go see it. I heard it was bad."

Letting the rest of the world decide whether or not you enjoy something is not a good habit to get in to.
    Last edited by OneSent; 2012-10-13 at 04:51 PM.

I sure do the love the massive disparity between the user reviews and the critic reviews. That was the first problem OP, using Metacritic for any serious discussion. That site is terrible. The 'critics' are basically paid to talk about the game. MoP overall is pretty bad because of the anti-Alt and heavy grinding direction they decided to take the game. Based on what I've done so far, MoP basically feels like a grindy WotLK 2.0 without the good lore to carry it. I want to play my alts but they've been sitting there gaining dust since MoP because the amount of grind required to even get them LFR ready is seriously somewhere near 50 hours. That doesn't even include the Rep grind that I'd have to do to even get the profession stuff too. Exalted with Celestials just for the new fucking bag. It's really a shame too. They put a lot of effort into the game (relative to Cata), it's just too bad that it was all into things I generally don't have interest in or can't stand. I give "Mists of Grindaria" a 5/10. It feels like a couple steps back from Cata, which is really hard for me to say when it's raids seem so much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    The opinions of a majority r fact!111

i am a professional in dis field of study so i no wut im saying!
    Honestly I would say a majority of MMO-Champ discusses World of Warcraft while the other percentile discusses my little pony....our opinion hardly matters.

Wait now, were letting people who DO NOT play wow do a review and trusting thier opinion??? Isn't that kinda like asking a gay guy how good some chick was in bed???

The scores on metacritic seem to go down also so I don't expect it to stay at even 8.3 for long. I like MoP but whether it will hold my interest is debatable as I'm already finding the number of daily quests annoying at 90 and the dungeons too easy.

Seems like there's a whole lot of "critics" who can't tell the best WoW xpac when they see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    MoP overall is pretty bad because of the anti-Alt and heavy grinding direction they decided to take the game. Based on what I've done so far, MoP basically feels like a grindy WotLK 2.0 without the good lore to carry it.
    Debatable. Valor-capping gives you a buff to your alts' valor on that server, and they're working on bringing in a way to increase rep gains for your alts when you hit Revered with a given faction in response to criticisms about how long rep grinding takes in 5.1. As for the lore, I find Pandaria's low-key release storyline to be a welcome breath of fresh air after three expansions straight of ERMAHGERDSDAWORLD'SGONNAEND!. Valley of the Four Winds is basically a slice of life story and yet it's easily up there in my favorite zones of all time, only beaten out by the new EPL.

Also, calling the game Wrath 2.0 is, to me, a compliment. I highly enjoyed Wrath's casual-friendly approach and I adore MoP being moreso with the variety of content at level cap.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

IN MY OPINION, its the best expansion ever.... equal or even better than TBC.....

Everything I've seen and read about MoP makes me never want to play it.

However, that opinion was not formed from reviews. It was formed from trying the pre-expansion patch to see how the new systems felt (answer: boring and predictable), and reading a rather large amount of information about the game (from Blizzard, from MMO, and from other users on the forums). I have yet to see anything that looks interesting enough to entice me to come back, and quite a bit that looks boring or frustrating enough to make me want to stay away (even if the new zones are amazing, the CRZ system, the daily system, the way heroics and challenge modes are structures, and the fluff that is the Tillers and Pet Battles all combine to make the experience feel very uninteresting to me).

Saying the game is worse because it got a worse review is meaningless. Even when I use reviews, I don't ever go by the score; I go by what the reviewers actually said, and cross-reference with the reviews given to games I liked and didn't like, to see how their opinion compares to my own on such things.

Metacritic is a useless site, reviews of mmorpgs are useless, this thread is useless. The sooner everyone realises this the better.

Half of these "professionals" only played the Pandaren starting zone, and very few of them seem to have any previous knowledge of the game whatsoever. I cannot fathom why anyone would take anything said by them seriously.

The sooner these "reviewers" and their score systems go away the better. These systems have never worked for games and they never will.

Mop is fun, unless you're a PvPer. Then it sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StenchSlash View Post
    Honestly I would say a majority of MMO-Champ discusses World of Warcraft while the other percentile discusses my little pony....our opinion hardly matters.
    It feels as though the piercing arrow of truth has just shot me in the chest. D:

I was hoping for hard heroic like in BC, you know where you have to cc or tank get killed instantly. that was fun in my opinion and kept me coming back for more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    I was hoping for hard heroic like in BC, you know where you have to cc or tank get killed instantly. that was fun in my opinion and kept me coming back for more.
    Challenge Modes were put in for players like you that enjoy hard 5-mans, while the heroics themselves are closer to Wrath level to take into account the demographics 5-man content is aimed at.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!