Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Who the hell listens to critics, they talk garbage 80% of the time, and the remaining 20% of the time theyre talking shit.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    It was downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogamer etc.

downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogame etc

expert critics e.g. IGN
    Yeah, about that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Read my posts again and you'll find all you're looking for.
    I was discussing style with a gentleman before you stormed in ignoring what we were talking about.
    Not once I said gathering to the Chinese market is bad.
    Sure you did;
    Please do not even compare.
    Stylewise mop is the equivalent of bending over, taking Down Your pants and shouting WELCOME IN!! to the Chinese market
    Perhaps the issue is that I AM reading your posts?

You, sir, are COMPLETELY wrong and I suggest, if you have a tiny bit of dignity, to apologise for the horrible things you accused me of and leave the discussion the two of us are having.
    You're still avoiding answering the question. I didn't accuse you of anything, I said I couldn't see any other explanation. Rather than provide it, you've simply gone with a "well, I NEVER" response and avoided explaining yourself.

Yes, MoP is heavily influenced by Chinese style and mythology. Nobody's disputed this. The issue is, you've stated this as a negative, objectively. I'm pointing out that the only reasons to objectively state that are founded in prejudice. If there's another reason you can justify, explain it. But, as I've cited twice, you also compared this stylistic choice, to paraphrase you slightly, to getting fucked by the Chinese market. It's rather galling that you're now attempting to take the high ground and act as if I'm the one giving offense for calling you out on that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    It's just that you don't like Asia theme. Pandaria is just much visually better than NR imo. I don't like Norse theme of WotLK too.
    But that's exactly my point.
    If you base the look of something (we're talking style, i like how mop is evolving lorewise and mechanics wise) on a single source, you are due to be criticised by the ones that arent pleased by that particular source.
    Unlike northrend where you had a good few pots to drink from.

15+ Year Old Account
    It seems that on top of being a terrible place to get people's impression of things anyway, metacritic has this tendency to rate the previous WoW expansion. Even some of the comments admit "Yeah I haven't played MoP but it sounded terrible so I'm giving it a 1/10"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    The vast majority is.
    Not that is bad mind you.
    But (going back to what all this started off) style wise I just find it less interesting than lets say northrend.
    A big part of Northrend was norse mythology. Pretty much everything with the titans and the vrykul. Sholazar basin, storm peaks, utgarde and the howling fjord. Lots of vrykul structures in icecrown. Thorim and Loken. Frost giants. It's all over the place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Sure you did;

Perhaps the issue is that I AM reading your posts?

You're still avoiding answering the question. I didn't accuse you of anything, I said I couldn't see any other explanation. Rather than provide it, you've simply gone with a "well, I NEVER" response and avoided explaining yourself.

Yes, MoP is heavily influenced by Chinese style and mythology. Nobody's disputed this. The issue is, you've stated this as a negative, objectively. I'm pointing out that the only reasons to objectively state that are founded in prejudice. If there's another reason you can justify, explain it. But, as I've cited twice, you also compared this stylistic choice, to paraphrase you slightly, to getting fucked by the Chinese market. It's rather galling that you're now attempting to take the high ground and act as if I'm the one giving offense for calling you out on that.
    Look, you are talking to the wrong person. You aren't calling anyone out on anything, my posts are kind of clear on what I meant. Anyone that wants to read them would understand where I was coming from.
    You are, again, completely off the track, accusing me of racism when we're discussing some game's STYLE (read this sentence again and find out how ridiculous it sounds).
    I will not reply to you like you want me to and "defend" myself cause I have nothing to be "accused" of.
    Admit it man, you got it wrong.
    Even the great endus can get it wrong sometimes

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 07:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    A big part of Northrend was norse mythology. Pretty much everything with the titans and the vrykul. Sholazar basin, storm peaks, utgarde and the howling fjord. Lots of vrykul structures in icecrown. Thorim and Loken. Frost giants. It's all over the place.
    Man we're talking style not lore. You're telling me that style wise sholazar basin is influenced by Norse landscapes?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, you are talking to the wrong person. You aren't calling anyone out on anything, my posts are kind of clear on what I meant. Anyone that wants to read them would understand where I was coming from.
    You are, again, completely off the track, accusing me of racism when we're discussing some game's STYLE (read this sentence again and find out how ridiculous it sounds).
    It's not ridiculous at all. You claimed the style was objectively bad because it's too Chinese. That's a statement which is prejudicial.
    I will not reply to you like you want me to and "defend" myself cause I have nothing to be "accused" of.
    You're still not answering the question. You've stated some really offensive things. You don't get to act offended that I called you out on being offensive, and thereby avoid being called out.

Deleted
    It's not ridiculous at all. You claimed the style was objectively bad because it's too Chinese. That's a statement.
    Please quote me on that

Deleted

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 07:56 PM ----------

Man we're talking style not lore. You're telling me that style wise sholazar basin is influenced by Norse landscapes?!
    Chill dude, it's connected to titans. And the titan constructs in Northrend are based on norse gods. What exactly are norse "landscapes", anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please quote me on that
    It's like you think your posts aren't there and easily visible to anyone;

Stylewise mop is the equivalent of bending over, taking Down Your pants and shouting WELCOME IN!! to the Chinese market.
    Basing your 12 millions subs giant colossal mmo ENTIRELY on a single theme is not called parody. It's called marketing. Also, parodies? The npcs dialogues seem written by the Chinese tourism association. What are you on about.
    Listen, we're all playing mop, and you can think whatever you want. But EVERYTHING, from critters, to mobs, to plants and trees, landscapes, npcs, architecture, stories is HEAVILY based on Chinese folklore.
    These are objective statements you are making as if they were fact, rather than personal preference.

A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-review-scores

The results were indisputable, most people predicted MoP would score 90-94%.

Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria

It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.

EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.

You actually needed a poll to tell you that Panda expansion was/is crap? WoW did boost back up to 10 million players for the initial first couple months upon release, but give it a few more and see how many people are still sticking with it.

Deleted
    Chill dude, it's connected to titans. And the titan constructs in Northrend are based on norse gods. What exactly are norse "landscapes", anyway.
    Connected lorewise. Sorry mate but if you don't know what exactly i am talking about, why would you reply to me?
    No offence meant.
    And you quoted me on the big post too. That wasn't referred to you man sorry.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-review-scores

The results were indisputable, most people predicted MoP would score 90-94%.

Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria

It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.

EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    It has been proven many times over that Metacritic scores are meaningless. Bad games get great Critic reviews all the time on that site.

Deleted
    Connected lorewise. Sorry mate but if you don't know what exactly i am talking about, why would you reply to me?
    No offence meant.
    And you quoted me on the big post too. That wasn't referred to you man sorry.
    You still have not explained what you mean by norse landscapes? Snow?
    What are asian landscapes? Cherry Blossom trees? Then the only thing in MoP that looks like asia is Jade Forest.

And in the bit I quoted you did not specify you were talking about "landscapes".

Deleted
    It's like you think your posts aren't there and easily visible to anyone;

These are objective statements you are making as if they were fact, rather than personal preference.
    Not ONCE I said all of this is bad in any of my posts. That's where you got it wrong.

NOT ONCE.

all these MoP judgement threads are wreaking havoc on my popcorn supplies... anyone else notice they are running out more often?

Deleted
    You still have not explained what you mean by norse landscapes? Snow?
    What are asian landscapes? Cherry Blossom trees? Then the only thing in MoP that looks like asia is Jade Forest.
    Don't play stupid man. I might fall for it

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    phew its only what 21 critics think...most of which i've never heard of...good things millions of players not rating it are just playing it instead.

including me....logging onto wow right...........now!
    ^this this this!

21 critics over what.. millions of players? Truely a .... respectful sample *cough cough*

Personally i liked it (except for easier heroics than Cata). I didnt play it much tho because i already lost the ''WoW Flame'' mid cata. What i played of MoP tho was really fun.... id say better than Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not ONCE I said all of this is bad in any of my posts. That's where you got it wrong.

NOT ONCE.
    Except in the quote I've linked three times where you equated it to getting screwed.