Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Don't play stupid man. I might fall for it
    I think you're the one playing stupid.

It's a known fact that many people gave it a low score "just because". IE People who think Mists is Pokemon and pandas or people who just hated Cata, so just threw out a bad score etc. IGN gave it a very fair and unbiased review. That is what I look for what I read reviews and big name sites are what I pay a lot more attention to. It doesn't mean they know what's better, but they tend to usually be a lot more unbiased. JMO. If you like the game, play it. And you should. It's great. Best expansion since BC in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    It's a known fact that many people gave it a low score "just because". IE People who think Mists is Pokemon and pandas or people who just hated Cata, so just threw out a bad score etc. IGN gave it a very fair and unbiased review. That is what I look for what I read reviews and big name sites are what I pay a lot more attention to. It doesn't mean they know what's better, but they tend to usually be a lot more unbiased. JMO. If you like the game, play it. And you should. It's great. Best expansion since BC in my eyes.
    Thumbs up,

better expansion since BC. PANDA haters gonna hate! (pokemon haters too).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I think you're the one playing stupid.
    If you want to get back to what were discussing you're welcome to do so. I lack time, terminology, and willpower to explain what I meant in the post which i think It's not that hard to understand.

Metacritic is a very unreliable source, many people run around and dislike popular things like WoW on there because they're haters. Even your ''respected critics'' do that. Also, I find it funny that you list IGN as a respected critic.

Not that anyone should care about what some stupid critic says anyways, people these days are always hypnotized by the ''professional reviewers'', people can't make their own opinions anymore, they need a validation that their opinion is the right one, which is stupid as fuck. People should try and make up their own opinion instead of looking at stupid reviews, they never do any good.

In my opinion MoP is thus far much better than Wrath, not as good as Cata was at this point, but if it keeps going on like this it'll definately win over Cata.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-10-13 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    And yet, the "rating" of a game is still just an opinion, no matter who it comes from. "Expert Critic" is somewhat of a silly thing to refer to them because criticism is always opinion based. You're basically saying their opinion is of more value than anyone elses. On simple basis, this is impossible because the opinions doesn't override my opinion of it and thus their rating is a pointless dick-waving just to say "LOOK! IM IN IGN! MY WORD IS LAW!".

My criticism says that the expansion is one of the best to date at least judging from the little we've experienced so far. So, hardly criticism as you might expect.

Honestly, just because someone is "from IGN or Eurogamer", it does not give their opinion any more value than even the posters of this forum.

Not to mention, Metacritic has ALWAYS been laughed at by any "serious gamer".
    ^ THIS

Hell yeah, as i said few posts ago. 21/millions of players is a respectful sample! *cough* *cough*

Just like beauty, games are about personal tastes! You like it or you dont, opinions arent facts.

Deleted
    If you want to get back to what were discussing you're welcome to do so. I lack time, terminology, and willpower to explain what I meant in the post which i think It's not that hard to understand.
    you're the one getting off-topic and avoiding answering my question
    try to discuss things like a grown-up if you come here

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-review-scores

The results were indisputable, most people predicted MoP would score 90-94%.

Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria

It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.

EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    I'm glad you got such a huge slice of the population (.00206%) of World of Warcraft to take your poll! It speaks volumes about how much weight your thorough and objective study holds.

Also, the 'expert critics' you spoke of are dogshit. A slice of bologna left out in the sun could come up with less biased reviews.

A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-review-scores

The results were indisputable, most people predicted MoP would score 90-94%.

Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria

It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.

EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion
    This is nonsense. "Factual" and "Quality" are mutually exclusive. You're trying to argue a qualitative judgement with quantitative evidence. If it was even possible to "factually" assess the merits of a game, we wouldn't need multiple reviewers with multiple viewpoints. We'd just have one guy.

No single person has exactly the same tastes as anyone else. Different reviewers come up with different ratings, criticize and praise different aspects of each game. No matter how much you try to apply math and the scientific method to qualitative judgement, you'll only ever be wasting your time.

For all this effort, you've shown that 21 people rated the game at an average of 83%. That data can't be extrapolated to posit anything else. It proves only what those 21 people thought of it. Will my enjoyment of the game be lessened in anyway by this? Not a chance. Would someone who dislikes a game be convinced to like it by high review scores? Not a chance on that one either.

At the end of the day, you have your opinion about the game. It would save you (and everyone else) a great deal of time if you just accepted that. Your opinion is not a fact, any more than mine or anyone else's could be. You can throw around all the numbers you want to try and change that, but I'm sorry, it's not going to happen. That's not how opinions work. Accept that, and move on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Except in the quote I've linked three times where you equated it to getting screwed.
    Jesus Christ you just don't get it do you.

You might not know it but that's a figurative speech (bending over to someone) that doesn't mean "getting screwed". It means "offering yourself". Want me to make you a drawing?

Again, in all my posts I never said once it "objectively looks bad".
    FIRST I always clarified it was my opinion, and SECOND I went as far as saying that "TO ME it looks less interesting".

You talked about racism, jingoism, personal agenda...
    Do you realise how ridiculous all of this sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by strossus001 View Post
    I'm glad you got such a huge slice of the population (.00206%) of World of Warcraft to take your poll! It speaks volumes about how much weight your thorough and objective study holds.

Also, the 'expert critics' you spoke of are dogshit. A slice of bologna left out in the sun could come up with less biased reviews.
    Another good point here

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what kind of future this thread will have... It seems to be the usual common sense posts up against the exaggerated OP.

Deleted
    Jesus Christ you just don't get it do you.

You might not know it but that's a figurative speech (bending over to someone) that doesn't mean "getting screwed". It means "offering yourself". Want me to make you a drawing?
    Its not the bending part, its what comes after the bending part that hints at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll stop having fun right now, I'm sorry

Deleted
    Oh come one. The picture you painted basically said "we're getting fucked by asia".

Deleted
    you're the one getting off-topic and avoiding answering my question
    try to discuss things like a grown-up if you come here
    What questions? What are Norse landscapes? Come on.

You know, when the film Star Wars first came out, critics bashed the hell out of it. Funny how everyone gives it 5 Stars and 2 Thumbs Up these days. Even the idiot critics who hated it have been peer pressured into liking it. That being the case, I'll make my own determination of how good this expansion is, so far. The game will never be what it was when it was new. It's dated, and it's mostly a grind. However, to look at it objectively, it's a good expansion. The continent is fresh, since it has little to do with the lore we've seen over and over for the past few years. The leveling quests were exceptional, though nothing epic like the attunement quests of old. The no-flying until 90 was brilliant. It forced a Vanilla feel to the leveling experience. The new talent trees have finally accomplished what they've been trying to do since Vanilla. I could close my eyes and click randomly, and my DPS or Healing would not be effected significantly. The dungeons are smaller, and don't feel as epic, but that's not always a bad thing. Huge dungeons with endless trash can be a real bore after a while. The encounters are not particularly challenging, but it's probably by design. Classes, spells and talents had pretty big changes, so they had to start the expansion with undertuned encounters until people had gotten familiar with the mechanics. I'm sure they will add more challenging content in the future patches. I laughed when I read about the Pokemon crap, but it's quite entertaining, and beats trolling Trade all day out of boredom. The Cooking changes seem unnecessarily clunky, but the professions feel meaningful again... at least for now. The changes to stats are also a big plus. Intellect stacking had become a no-brainer. All in all, I'd put it over WotLK and Cataclysm for INITIAL launch. Wrath felt plenty epic as it evolved, but I didn't find it particularly enjoyable at launch. I'd still put Burning Crusade above Mists (so far), and Vanilla above both because the game was new and interesting to me back then (like Christmas when you're 6 years old. You just can't ever recreate that). Bottom line: I feel like I've gotten my $40 worth out of it, and I would in no way call it the worst expansion.

Deleted
    What questions? What are Norse landscapes? Come on.
    Again you're not answering this. Maybe because you dont know the answer to that question.

What?! Dammit I wish someone would've told me sooner that I wasn't supposed to be enjoying it. If I wasted as much time writing until I got a paying job at a video game website as these guys do, then maybe you guys could take my opinion as fact too!

Deleted
    Oh come one. The picture you painted basically said "we're getting fucked by asia".
    You? We? Read again it says STYLEWISE. It means concerning only the way it looks, it looks as if it was created by the Chinese embassy. There is nothing wrong nor racist in saying "Chinese" you know?
    Stop nitpicking.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 08:28 PM ----------

Again you're not answering this. Maybe because you dont know the answer to that question.
    There isn't an answer, cause it isn't a question.