Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by strossus001 View Post
    I'm glad you got such a huge slice of the population (.00206%) of World of Warcraft to take your poll! It speaks volumes about how much weight your thorough and objective study holds.

Also, the 'expert critics' you spoke of are dogshit. A slice of bologna left out in the sun could come up with less biased reviews.
    Another good point here

I wonder what kind of future this thread will have... It seems to be the usual common sense posts up against the exaggerated OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Jesus Christ you just don't get it do you.

You might not know it but that's a figurative speech (bending over to someone) that doesn't mean "getting screwed". It means "offering yourself". Want me to make you a drawing?
    Its not the bending part, its what comes after the bending part that hints at it.

I'll stop having fun right now, I'm sorry
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

You might not know it but that's a figurative speech (bending over to someone) that doesn't mean "getting screwed". It means "offering yourself". Want me to make you a drawing?
    Oh come one. The picture you painted basically said "we're getting fucked by asia".

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    you're the one getting off-topic and avoiding answering my question
    try to discuss things like a grown-up if you come here
    What questions? What are Norse landscapes? Come on.

You know, when the film Star Wars first came out, critics bashed the hell out of it. Funny how everyone gives it 5 Stars and 2 Thumbs Up these days. Even the idiot critics who hated it have been peer pressured into liking it. That being the case, I'll make my own determination of how good this expansion is, so far. The game will never be what it was when it was new. It's dated, and it's mostly a grind. However, to look at it objectively, it's a good expansion. The continent is fresh, since it has little to do with the lore we've seen over and over for the past few years. The leveling quests were exceptional, though nothing epic like the attunement quests of old. The no-flying until 90 was brilliant. It forced a Vanilla feel to the leveling experience. The new talent trees have finally accomplished what they've been trying to do since Vanilla. I could close my eyes and click randomly, and my DPS or Healing would not be effected significantly. The dungeons are smaller, and don't feel as epic, but that's not always a bad thing. Huge dungeons with endless trash can be a real bore after a while. The encounters are not particularly challenging, but it's probably by design. Classes, spells and talents had pretty big changes, so they had to start the expansion with undertuned encounters until people had gotten familiar with the mechanics. I'm sure they will add more challenging content in the future patches. I laughed when I read about the Pokemon crap, but it's quite entertaining, and beats trolling Trade all day out of boredom. The Cooking changes seem unnecessarily clunky, but the professions feel meaningful again... at least for now. The changes to stats are also a big plus. Intellect stacking had become a no-brainer. All in all, I'd put it over WotLK and Cataclysm for INITIAL launch. Wrath felt plenty epic as it evolved, but I didn't find it particularly enjoyable at launch. I'd still put Burning Crusade above Mists (so far), and Vanilla above both because the game was new and interesting to me back then (like Christmas when you're 6 years old. You just can't ever recreate that). Bottom line: I feel like I've gotten my $40 worth out of it, and I would in no way call it the worst expansion.

What questions? What are Norse landscapes? Come on.
    Again you're not answering this. Maybe because you dont know the answer to that question.

What?! Dammit I wish someone would've told me sooner that I wasn't supposed to be enjoying it. If I wasted as much time writing until I got a paying job at a video game website as these guys do, then maybe you guys could take my opinion as fact too!

Oh come one. The picture you painted basically said "we're getting fucked by asia".
    You? We? Read again it says STYLEWISE. It means concerning only the way it looks, it looks as if it was created by the Chinese embassy. There is nothing wrong nor racist in saying "Chinese" you know?
    Stop nitpicking.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 08:28 PM ----------

Again you're not answering this. Maybe because you dont know the answer to that question.
    There isn't an answer, cause it isn't a question.

Jesus Christ you just don't get it do you.

That's why it's not an implication of rape. You're still offering yourself for a screwing. That's the entire purpose of that crude sexual metaphor.

You talked about racism, jingoism, personal agenda...
    Do you realise how ridiculous all of this sounds?
    No more ridiculous than the guy who'd have preferred a different aesthetic and decided to suggest that his personal preferences therefore mean that Blizzard is offering itself as a sexual "bottom" to the Chinese market.

And yes, it's probably your personal opinion, but opinions absolutely can be racist; that's not a defense.

And what does your piece of data do anyway? I continue playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    How about Grom's spirit returns to strike the final blow but slips on a goblin oil slick and accidentally decapitates a passing Cenarius.

This community is fantastic in refusing to accept any evidence.
    The expansion sells less than any previous one? It's still a lot of people and it doesn't matter lol
    The expansion gets harsh comments from thousands of players on almost any gaming related website? They are all haters, they mean nothing lol
    The expansion gets lower ratings from critics than any previous one? First the answers pretend we are talking about player reviews and then "professional reviews are all crap lol"

Nobody says that you are not entitled to still like then game and all that jazz. That's obvious. But dismissing as non-existent or non-sense everything which doesn't match with your gut feelings is really, really scary. If this is your average ability to deal with reality, good luck with adult life...

It means concerning only the way it looks, it looks as if it was created by the Chinese embassy. There is nothing wrong nor racist in saying "Chinese" you know?
    Stop nitpicking.
    There's something wrong or racist in saying that it looks as if it were created by the Chinese embassy, and then implying that this is "bad", though.

Just like how saying "you look Chinese" isn't usually insulting, but "man, you look way too Chinese for me, gross" is racist as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgash View Post
    And what does your piece of data do anyway? I continue playing.
    /end thread

The Patient
    Sad,cause you are bad in WoW you want the game to end.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-review-scores

The results were indisputable, most people predicted MoP would score 90-94%.

Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria

It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.

EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    Did you even take the time to read what the "21 critics" wrote about the expansion? From what I gather from a quick glance is that they all believe it is a good expansion with a few short falls in some areas. Going by a score reminds me of WRATH when GS became such a big deal. Overall I think this expansion is great. Of course that is my opinion.

There isn't an answer, cause it isn't a question.
    There is a question but you are only saying this because you can not provide a answer.

Well I don't put any stock whatsoever in reviews, but as a PvPer I'm definitely enjoying this the least of any expansion so far. WoW has gotten worse every single expansion in that regard, but this is finally the tipping point for me. The balance is beyond laughable. It's never been good, and no MMO really has competitive, skill based PvP, but this is pathetic. My PvE playing friends seem to be enjoying themselves though, and since that's the meat of the game, it can't be considered a total flop. I sometimes wish I could get into PvE, but I can't stand the mentality of the people I've been grouped up with, treating it like it's a job. That's a community issue though, not a game issue, so I can't hold that against WoW itself. But still, for my purposes each expansion has been worse than the one before it.

Quote Originally Posted by mic129 View Post
    /end thread
    God forbid that what the world outside of your basement thinks and says may deserve 5 seconds of consideration.