Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think people like LuminousAether and Endus throw the word "racist" around a bit too easily.
    Kids, learn the true meaning of words, and also some manners.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I think people like LuminousAether and Endus throw the word "racist" around a bit too easily.
    it may not be racist per say but its def a double standard.

for the majority of Americans and Europeans when they think of "the past" they think of things like norse mythology and castles and whatnot they see something based off another culture and say "ER MEH GERD WTF THEY PANDERIN TO ASIA"

let me ask people this if the expansion was based around night elves and everything was inspired by Japanese culture instead of chinese would you still be complaining
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

This expansion has been out for like, not even a month? When I think of wrath I don't think of Naxx I think of Ulduar, the best is yet to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tural
    This fellow was very respectful in his informing me that he would ravage me on his character upwards of 11 levels higher than myself, and that I should go fornicate myself with an iron stick. Before I could thank this man for his kind words, he had already moved along to brighten anothers day as he did mine.

I've pretty much done everything the game had to offer. Fully quested in Pandaria including dailys, tried out pet battles, made a pandaren and a monk, did all the scenario's, did all the heroics, did LFR, maybe more I forgot. I still have to try the challenge modes tough.

This expansion definatly has a shitload of content, especially for end game. The only thing that turns me off is the insane amount of dailys. I know they are optional, but they are still a big part of the end game. I've found the scenario's rather weak aswell, with weak rewards at the end. The new dungeons were a great experience, altrough too easy, but I've yet to try out challenge modes. Also liking my pandaren monk so far, but they do currently look a lot like rogues.

My current ratings for all expansions and vanilla:

Vanilla: 8/10
    TBC: 8.5/10
    WotLK: 9/10
    Cata: 6/10
    MoP: 8/10 (so far)

I'm not bored with MoP yet, and its definatly a huge improvement over Cata. I just hope that the game will keep us busy, and not make another lackluster major patch like 4.1 with the 2 troll rehashed troll dungeons. So far the new scenario's in 5.1 look great, but I hope it isn't just this that we're getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    No, it is racist. Explain to me how it is not.

My verdict: I'm enjoying it and I don't give a shit about the OPINION of random critics who I can guarantee don't precisely share my tastes. That's the problem with critics, no matter how professional they are, their viewpoints and reviews will ALWAYS be tainted one way or another. There is no avoiding that, and trying to back them up by saying "Oh well, they've been in the field this long, and went to school for this long and also did this and that" is completely meaningless and ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

for the majority of Americans and Europeans when they think of "the past" they think of things like norse mythology and castles and whatnot they see something based off another culture and say "ER MEH GERD WTF THEY PANDERIN TO ASIA"
    Way to generalize.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    My verdict: I'm enjoying it and I don't give a shit about the OPINION of random critics who I can guarantee don't precisely share my tastes. That's the problem with critics, no matter how professional they are, their viewpoints and reviews will ALWAYS be tainted one way or another. There is no avoiding that, and trying to back them up by saying "Oh well, they've been in the field this long, and went to school for this long and also did this and that" is completely meaningless and ignorant.

Way to generalize.
    tell me how many american made video games and moves and tv shows set in the past arent set in medieval times with either heavy norse or greek/roman themes.

in western culture theres typically 3 genres the norse/greek/roman amalgamation, colonial times, and "ancient times" aka egypt
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

So butt-hurt MMO Champion users, Metacritic and "Profesisonal" reviewers like IGN are credible sources for how People actually like the expansion?

Yeah, Mods please delete this troll thread.

Side- Note

IGN gave it like an 8.0 - And Eurogamer gave it an 8.5

Say what now?

So if MoP appeals more to the Chinese than to anyone else, would the American gamers here be extra happy and give Blizzard more money if the next expansion was cowboy-themed and looked exactly like the American southwest and was populated by fat, xenophobic bald eagle people that talked in various tv-stereotype American accents? Did the Gilnean cheesy accents pander to the British? UK visitors, chime in here. Did you give Blizzard more money because they had "British" accents in their game? Do you want to see an entire expansion that looks like England?

"It's like China so Chinese people like it" is just such a simplistic thought pattern. If someone made a video game that was "California themed" or something I probably wouldn't be more interested in it. I'd be less interested in it if anything because people play fantasy games to see new, foreign, and interesting landscapes. I would be pretty uninterested if the next World of Warcraft expansion took place completely in an area that looked like downtown Los Angeles. Do you want to see a fantasy MMO that looks exactly like things around you outside? If not, don't assume everyone else does. When you generalize that only people in x country want to see y, that's borderline racist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

let me ask people this if the expansion was based around night elves and everything was inspired by Japanese culture instead of chinese would you still be complaining
    Errr.... Yes? Jesus peeps you really are over sensitive on the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-review-scores

The results were indisputable, most people predicted MoP would score 90-94%.

Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria

It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.

EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.

Lets get a few things straight before we start:

First you are indeed doing this to create a flamebait thread, a thread that is popular for the people to point out that wow has failed blalbla otherwise you wouldn't create a thread like this in the first place.

Now about the critic scores. It was honestly even expected, wow is 8 years old. And has to compete with the newly set standard IN DE REVIEWERS EYES that guild wars 2 had set.
    And while for a lot of people this expansion finally feels what we have been waiting for all through cata, it might not be enough for the critics from various sites. WoW MoP has provided a lot of great additions but what you also have to realize that most to all critic reviewers are nothing but reviewers that pander to the what the crowd wishes. And to the publisher that stuffs enough money up their *peep*.

What i mean with pandering to the crowd is for a lot of sites:
    • PC gamer (mostly immature kids on this site, their literally is not a community with more entitled people)
    • IGN (some good people honestly though their review scores and just *peep* poor. Take a look at the COD games crowd pandering right there)
    • Gamespot ( Kane & Lynch anybody? )
    • Kotaku ( Nothing to say everybody knows. And their last post about MoP from some writer clearly shows their in-expertise anybody every heard of a shift button? )
    • the rest

Review sites pander to their crowd, they give the scores people wish or to the game that is either immensely popular or the company that stuffs their pockets enough. Trusting and basing your purchase on a number like a large part apparently does is the most dumb thing you could do. If you want a good review you read it completely and dont even look at the numbers attached to it. Those say nothing and unless it gets a 8,5+ now a days its considered a bad game?

Can you imagine what this means ? a 7 is a bad score? thats the mentality now a days lower then a 8,5 == game sucks.

What i am trying to get at is not that reviews are bad or anything like that, hell im not even saying metacritic is bad. But we the consumers are, metacritic should not use scores.. heck not one review anymore should have a score at the end. It can give a summary but please can we get rid of the silly numbers.. its stupid especially the way it over the years has escalated. Its used now a days purely to in an instant decide if a game is good or bad.

Generally what i have noticed is the following happens:

- Consumer gets to the site
    - Consumer looks up title
    - Consumer spots a number below 8,5 (doesnt look at the review at all)
    - Consumer spots a number above 8,5 and actually reads the review.

And their lies the problem what does that number actually mean? a game is a 8,5. Grats? so .. uhm.. what does that thing actually say?

One thing i find fun to think about:

When you were in school if you got a grade below 8,5 would your mother hate you to then? Because thats how you can see the current grading system for games. Getting anything below an A+ is apparently not accepted and means a game will sell poorly.

Yes a game can have flaws and its the job of critics to point these problems out. But unless we finally get some proper grading tables detailing how a number is based (not purely the opinion of somebody) these numbers are as worthless as any and only cause problems for game developers publishers. And worse for the people that work their. A good example of this is:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/...ders-departure

Even if its not true, just the fact that this could be the case tells enough about the modern gaming community.

Deleted
    arent these the same people who claimed the ending to mass effect 3 was the best ever?

No, not worse at all. I am enjoying it.

I always ignore critic reviews of movies.... I guess the same goes for games too.

Deleted
    Verdict finally in: MoP is the worst expansion. Metacritic said so.

Ha.

Well, Last I remember IGN gave it an 8.5 and Eurogamer gave it an 8. If 8 is "Horrible" well I just don't know then.

But in the end what really matters is the fact that a majority of the players actually enjoy MoP and think it is one of the better expansions to date.

Don't you even talk to me about the "MMO-Champion forums" These fourms are a VERY Small minority of butt-hurt people.

Also, Metacritic lol

Ok, First off that is one website. Meaning anything they say is an opinion and doesn't count as some kind of official "verdict".

Secondly, In my opinion MoP is way better than Cata overall and still has a lot of content left to go.

Please don't say things are a fact when they only represent a few non important peoples opinions. Over 10 million people play this game.

Deleted
    Do us and yourself a favor, do NEVER (underline that if necessary) use metacritic as a reference.

Hmmm, I always think you should follow the money. Since subscriptions are on the rise I think it's going well for MoP. We won't really know till we see the sub numbers near the last tier, where raiding is generally at its hottest and the population at its largest. I don't give 2 shits about reviews, what shows the quality of a product are how many people buy it and continue to use it.

Sales of the expac haven't been, from what I understand, as quick as previous expansions, but Cata left such a bad taste in people's mouths that it will take a bit for them to come back or to recruit new players. Time will tell, though, whether this is a better expansion or worse expansion. The metric will be the number of people playing it, not reviewers.

Deleted
    Dont know for some reason this exp just feels so out of context. Also only zone that actually "felt" good to play was Jade Forest and maybe Kun-lai Summit. All other zones just felt/feel like those zones just "had to be done to expansion have more zones" you just feel that there just isnt anything cool to those zones. Especially when u do dailys at klaxxi it's just feels.. I dont know.. boring. This defintely isnt bad expansion for new players, but for wow veterans it can be a turn-off.
    Last edited by mmoc08bbbf072a; 2012-10-14 at 12:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... what..?

SOME people think WoW is bad?

Guess I should uninstall. This is clearly enough to stop me from playing.
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."