Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    tell me how many american made video games and moves and tv shows set in the past arent set in medieval times with either heavy norse or greek/roman themes.

in western culture theres typically 3 genres the norse/greek/roman amalgamation, colonial times, and "ancient times" aka egypt
    Clearly you didn't completely read what I was responding to, otherwise you wouldn't have just said that. Congratulations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Metacritic has this crazy habit of rating a game before it comes out and the day that it does come out. It also has this crazy habit of giving a rating for WoW for the previous expansion, so a lot of the people down voting it were very unhappy with Cata. Note that the critics on metacritic don't get a preview of the game like many official reviewers do, but even then, I take most reviews with a grain of salt. Reviewers have this thing where they're given a limited amount of time to play and then rate a game, and most will say "I only got to experience the first zone, but blah blah blah here's my rating FOR THIS ENTIRE EXPANSION". The user reviews come from people who often haven't even played the game, or already hate it. Most of the people enjoying it are in game rather than stomping around review sites telling everyone how they feel about the game.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    4.4 user score, ROFL. MoP is bad even the critics see that.
    Yes because 21 positive reviews is bad. 21 positive reviews not a single mixed or negative review from a professional reviewer.

User score is not something to go by at all. Mass Effect 3 had like a 2? user score and like a 90 from reviewers. User scores for games are trolled so hard it isn't funny.

I like it more than Cata thus far I just hope they tone back the focus on dailys.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    phew its only what 21 critics think...most of which i've never heard of...good things millions of players not rating it are just playing it instead.

including me....logging onto wow right...........now!
    the only ones talking good about it are places like G4 TV. nobody wants to lose cash flow for downing a game as big as blizzard's WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do I give 2 shits about what other people say? Thats right, I don't.

I'm actually loving this more than Cata. I love the rep grind. The dailies themselves. Hell this is the first expansion where I've actually had fun leveling a new class.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Yes because 21 positive reviews is bad. 21 positive reviews not a single mixed or negative review from a professional reviewer.

User score is not something to go by at all. Mass Effect 3 had like a 2? user score and like a 90 from reviewers. User scores for games are trolled so hard it isn't funny.

I like it more than Cata thus far I just hope they tone back the focus on dailys.
    Check out the user reviews for this game:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dishonored

Let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    Check out the user reviews for this game:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dishonored

Let me know what you think.
    That doesn't even make sense. 20 positive reviews, 2 mixed, 2 poor and its at .4? Am I reading something wrong?

Nvm looks as though its bugged, upon clicking "negative" it shows some 1900 poor user scores.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Well i'm enjoying it. Way better than Cata that's for sure. Some people wont like it, but that doesn't really affect my view of it.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    That doesn't even make sense. 20 positive reviews, 2 mixed, 2 poor and its at .4? Am I reading something wrong?

Nvm looks as though its bugged, upon clicking "negative" it shows some 1900 poor user scores.
    Yeah, not sure exactly. Metacritic user scores are completely worthless though, just like amazon user scores or user scores anywhere. If a game has some feature the reviewer doesn't like, even if it's a fun game, the reviewer will often give it the lowest rating possible. Absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I cant believe some of you guys are taking this post seriously. Look at his post history every thread he makes and post is about how wow is being dumbed down and is dying and that the only people who still play are fanboy addicts. he doesnt even play wow
    Amazingly if you look at the threads he's created, he has far, far more threads that are locked than open. The guy simply likes to post obvious flamebait. It should be obvious in some of the stuff he comes out with in this thread alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Way fucking better than Cataclysm at least.
    Why do people say that Cataclysm was bad? It was the same exact thing as WotLK, which gets pretty high praise on these forums.

Yeah, you probably don't know much about Norse mythology / culture then because it dominates Wrath. Ulduar alone is 90% Norse mythology.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 11:13 PM ----------

No, of course it is racist. Was Wrath pandering to the Norse? If you say that it was not, then you cannot say that MoP is pandering to the Chinese because it is THE EXACT SAME SITUATION. You are being very racist there.
    No, Wrath was not pandering to Norse, because Wrath was about Lich King, not Norse, which is why its' name was Wrath of the Lich King not Wrath of Thor or Tears of Odin or Hills of Vanaheim or Hazy Mornings of Asgard or .........

Yes, MoP is pandering to Chinese market because what we have today is Mists of Pandaria with pandas and Chinese culture as the central theme element.

So, no they are not the same thing.
    They know how to milk the cow.

I didn't think Cata was that bad until Dragon Soul. Not a fan of that raid. Loved T11 and T12 though.

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 01:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alba007 View Post
    No, Wrath was not pandering to Norse, because Wrath was about Lich King, not Norse, which is why its' name was Wrath of the Lich King not Wrath of Thor or Tears of Odin or Hills of Vanaheim or Hazy Mornings of Asgard or .........

Yes, MoP is pandering to Chinese market because what we have today is Mists of Pandaria with pandas and Chinese culture as the central theme element.

So, no they are not the same thing.
    The name Mists of Pandaria has fuck all to do with China. Nothing whatsoever to do with China. It is true that a lot of Pandaria has Chinese themes, but not all. It is also true that Wrath of the Lich King had Norse themes, but not all. They are the exact same. Suggesting otherwise is blatant racism.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    It was downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogamer etc.
    you realize those are just opinions right? you can think of them as being "expert" if you think that helps you make your point but it doesn't. they added an entire new continent with TONS of new content that i guarantee you none of the people rating it(high or low, doesnt matter) have seen. when the expansion is over and the new one is about to come out, that is a good time to rate it, doing it before that point only makes you look like an ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    and yet is still gets an 80+ scorers. May be lower but barely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    *huge facepalm*
    people's opinions is factual data on the quality of the expansion is it?
    What a complete copout of a response. It's the same argument being used over the SWTOR forums by fans in denial, "Peoples opinions can't be used to judge the quality of a game ergo; you can't say SWTOR was a flop and MOP falling short of expectations".

I suppose you could use that same line to argue that Daikatan or DNF were better First Person shooters than Bioshock, because y'know. . peoples opinions don't mean squat and all.

Cataclysm hemorrhaged millions of subscribers despite Blizzard giving away millions in free shit to just feebly try and hold onto them.

Mists of Pandaria would have to pretty much lose everyone for it to be 'substantially worse' than that piece of shit.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

I didn't think Cata was that bad until Dragon Soul. Not a fan of that raid. Loved T11 and T12 though.

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 01:24 AM ----------

The name Mists of Pandaria has fuck all to do with China. Nothing whatsoever to do with China. It is true that a lot of Pandaria has Chinese themes, but not all. It is also true that Wrath of the Lich King had Norse themes, but not all. They are the exact same. Suggesting otherwise is blatant racism.
    Sorry to burst your bubble but Pandaria is basically Chinatown of WoW.
    It has nothing but Chinese elements, even the name is from Chinese panda bears obviously. And the new awesome fluffy cuddly pandaren are the Chinese panda bears.
    Wrath had Lich King and his undead legions as the main theme. Norse was a side flavor nothing else, whereas pandas are the dominant main element of today.

They are totally different, suggesting otherwise is being unable to comprehend the obvious difference. The only way they could be the same is if there was no Lich King in Wrath and if Norse was in his place, but that is not how it was. Or maybe you think Lich King and his undead armies were part of the Norse mythology ?!
    They know how to milk the cow.

It has nothing but Chinese elements, even the name is from Chinese panda bears obviously. And the new awesome fluffy cuddly pandaren are the Chinese panda bears.
    Wrath had Lich King and his undead legions as the main theme. Norse was a side flavor nothing else, whereas pandas are the dominant main element of today.

They are totally different, suggesting otherwise is being unable to comprehend the obvious difference. The only way they could be the same is if there was no Lich King in Wrath and if Norse was in his place, but that is not how it was. Or maybe you think Lich King and his undead armies were part of the Norse mythology ?!
    Chinatown? Yeah, I hit that nail on the head. Why do you think your racism is ok? It's not ok.

The dominant, main element of MoP is the Horde vs Alliance conflict. Have you even played the game at all? Panda bears are beloved world wide, not just China, so that's laughable. Wrath of the Lich KING (viKINGs were well known for having kings) was just as much about Scandinavia as MoP is about China. Every zone in Northrend is based on an element of Scandinavia from the tundras to the fjords to the hot spots to the glaciers to the mountains. It was all deliberately based on North mythology including the raids (the original raids that is, Naxx was from Vanilla and doesn't count) and dungeons. Ulduar was a HUGE shout out to Norse mythology as was ToC and ICC.

You clearly don't know much about Chinese or Norse mythology. You really don't understand that the situations aren't just similar, they are IDENTICAL.

Lastly, yes, a huge portion of the undead in WotLK was based on Norse mythology such as the Val'kyr.

10+ Year Old Account

Again, so?

I'm still waiting for someone to give me any reason why this is in any way a "bad thing". All the expansions have clear themes. This happens to be this one's. Why does WoW have to remain culturally "pure" to Western mythologies and concepts? Why is this an issue in the first place? That's what I don't get. It's a fantasy setting that draws heavily from real world influences. Why is China a forbidden source of concepts?