Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What's a "metacritic"? Also since when is a B failing?

P.S. If you didn't want to upset people why not just name it "critics don't like MoP" instead?

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    It was downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogamer etc.
    Someone get a ban off for trolling.

Deleted
    expert critics e.g. IGN
    I hope you're joking.

metacritic needs to get horrible brain cancer, shot through the head, burned, and be put in a hole filled with spikes.

That may be a bit extreme. But metacritic is a cancer, and needs to die already. Same with scores.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    Chinatown? Yeah, I hit that nail on the head. Why do you think your racism is ok? It's not ok.

The dominant, main element of MoP is the Horde vs Alliance conflict. Have you even played the game at all? Panda bears are beloved world wide, not just China, so that's laughable. Wrath of the Lich KING (viKINGs were well known for having kings) was just as much about Scandinavia as MoP is about China. Every zone in Northrend is based on an element of Scandinavia from the tundras to the fjords to the hot spots to the glaciers to the mountains. It was all deliberately based on North mythology including the raids (the original raids that is, Naxx was from Vanilla and doesn't count) and dungeons. Ulduar was a HUGE shout out to Norse mythology as was ToC and ICC.

You clearly don't know much about Chinese or Norse mythology. You really don't understand that the situations aren't just similar, they are IDENTICAL.

Lastly, yes, a huge portion of the undead in WotLK was based on Norse mythology such as the Val'kyr.
    The fact of the matter is Wrath had Lich King (not Norse), who has nothing to do with Norse kings, as the main element, whereas panda expansion has pandas which are China's native panda bears as the whole world knows, and Pandaria, which is basically the Chinatown of WoW. Blizzard can have whatever they wish in the game, but everybody does not have to like it.

The fact that you are basically saying in your post that "Vikings had kings so Lich King may be Norse" makes me think you cannot be older than 12. It's an incredibly pathetic logic, actually it's not even logic.
    Norse had kings =/= all kings, including the Lich King, are Norse. Jeez, I cannot believe I had to explain that...
    They know how to milk the cow.

we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    Thanks for the laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    How many people do you think gave a negative review because of a "ZOMG kungfupanda casualcraft" mindset?
    ^ This right here, I bet "Half" those so called "critics" took one look at the pandas said "Ewwww childish" and rated badly. -.o
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Again, so?

I'm still waiting for someone to give me any reason why this is in any way a "bad thing". All the expansions have clear themes. This happens to be this one's. Why does WoW have to remain culturally "pure" to Western mythologies and concepts? Why is this an issue in the first place? That's what I don't get. It's a fantasy setting that draws heavily from real world influences. Why is China a forbidden source of concepts?
    It is not necessarily a bad thing. I actually said in my original post that there was nothing wrong with Blizzard catering to a very big market. Some people will like it and some won't.
    All of a sudden there was this attack from this poster named LuminousAether. Apparently, I hit a nerve when I dared to say Blizzard was catering to the Chinese market, and he's been accusing me of being racist for that. lol I guess everybody must be panda fans or else they are racists.
    So, I was trying to explain, probably in vain, my point to him.
    They know how to milk the cow.

years ago, there was an article about how companies pay people to downrate their competitors games, the #1 site for this was metacritic. the ratings of 1, 4, 7, etc are those people

I don't understand what the complaints are about with Blizzard incorporating our historical mythologies in their world. And by OUR I meant us as in the human race. Almost anything that is created as a fictional world uses some sort of basis off of either historical myths or previously invented ideas. Both Wotlk and MoP are based off of existing human myths/cultures which tend to strike a nerve with people *good or bad* because of our familiarities with them. I love both expansions. I stopped playing Cata right as firelands came out. Just didnt peak my interest. Came back to try MoP and so far am loving it. It's beautifully done, the visuals, music, characters, all of it. Yes it's the same thing we've been doing for the past 5 years, but so far it's up there with my favorite expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by gookslammer View Post
    Throwing logic at a troll is like throwing bologna at a tank.

I'm enjoying the expansion. That's the only review that matters to me.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by alba007 View Post
    The fact of the matter is Wrath had Lich King (not Norse), who has nothing to do with Norse kings, as the main element, whereas panda expansion has pandas which are China's native panda bears as the whole world knows, and Pandaria, which is basically the Chinatown of WoW. Blizzard can have whatever they wish in the game, but everybody does not have to like it.

The fact that you are basically saying in your post that "Vikings had kings so Lich King may be Norse" makes me think you cannot be older than 12. It's an incredibly pathetic logic, actually it's not even logic.
    Norse had kings =/= all kings, including the Lich King, are Norse. Jeez, I cannot believe I had to explain that...
    Wow, I broke him. Anyone able to parse this for me? It's like he didn't even read my post.

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    this statement is SO ass backwards it hurts. video game critics are such BS nowadays its not even funny. id rather hear a review form someone who PLAYS the game for more than 15 mins than someone who picks it up just to review it. i have NEVER listened to "professional" reviews simply because nowadays most of those people could care less about 99% of video games and will give out perfect scores to games like call of duty and halo just because of brand name.

Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    God forbid that what the world outside of your basement thinks and says may deserve 5 seconds of consideration.
    Lol says the person sitting on a gaming forum doing nothing more than being rude. That "World" outside holds no weight nor merit on someones desires and personal ideals. I don't know about you but just because a critic calls a movie a PoS and gives it 2 thumbs down won't change the fact that if I like it that is all that matters. This goes for games, and anything else in life. My beliefs > Critics and I am quiet sure there are MANY people who prefer their OWN ratings over some idiot sucking down cheese burgers getting PAID to give bad reviews for a living.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.
    Professional reviews are still an opinion there is nothing factual about them. The only difference between a review by IGN, Gamespy, Gamespot or any other pro review and someone going on a forum and giving their review of the same product is a paycheck

People get so defensive when you touch this subject, i guess fanboys will never accept that the game is not as good as it used to be, WoW is still a great game the best MMO out there, but it is not nowhere near as good as it was back TBC or Ulduar and ICC in Wotlk and so the ratings are lower. No need to get all defensive about it just accept the reality its still a good game just not like it was before.

I bet you've had this typed out for a while and you were just giving the xpac a few weeks before you posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    People get so defensive when you touch this subject, i guess fanboys will never accept that the game is not as good as it used to be, WoW is still a great game the best MMO out there, but it is not nowhere near as good as it was back TBC or Ulduar and ICC in Wotlk and so the ratings are lower. No need to get all defensive about just accept the reality its still a good game just not like it was before.
    Yea, just accept this guys opinion as fact.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    No doubt about it, WoW is still on the decline. I like MoP and everything so far but its just old now. People from the days of BC and Vanilla are just finally burning out on it. Thats my 5 second thought out opinion on it anyways.
    Call me House.