Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am enjoying myself alot and I honestly didnt think I would. The only thing I really don't like is the daily farm prerequisite to spend jp/vp. I prefer jp and vp to be completely separate from rep so there are 2 options for filling gear gaps as you progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyprime View Post
    I'm enjoying the expansion. That's the only review that matters to me.

didnt bother reading any of this silly post. this i can imagine is the smartest thing said in this waste of a thread. oh and LOL @ listening to critics. are you enjoying the expansion thus far? yes> be happy. no> quit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alba007 View Post
    It is not necessarily a bad thing. I actually said in my original post that there was nothing wrong with Blizzard catering to a very big market. Some people will like it and some won't.
    All of a sudden there was this attack from this poster named LuminousAether. Apparently, I hit a nerve when I dared to say Blizzard was catering to the Chinese market, and he's been accusing me of being racist for that. lol I guess everybody must be panda fans or else they are racists.
    So, I was trying to explain, probably in vain, my point to him.
    It's not "catering to the Chinese market" any more than WotLK was "catering to the Norwegian market". There's plenty about these kinds of aesthetics that are appealing to Western markets, and Chinese players have been playing WoW plenty without such "catering".

It's not going to make MoP more appealing to Chinese players. Nor will it, overall, make it any less appealing to Western players. Some individuals in either culture? Probably. But that's a personal preference thing, not some major cultural impetus like you're describing.

i piss on critics opinion

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBacon View Post
    Aw, welp. I thought I was having fun but I guess this expansion is pretty bad. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
    No shit, right? Here I've been having a blast going through less linear but cohesive storylines, leveling my Monk, and pet battling. I'm so happy to have the flaws of my ways pointed out. Now I can begin to sulk and whine like I'm supposed to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved this expansion until I found out someone else didn't like it!

That's how the world works amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's not "catering to the Chinese market" any more than WotLK was "catering to the Norwegian market". There's plenty about these kinds of aesthetics that are appealing to Western markets, and Chinese players have been playing WoW plenty without such "catering".

It's not going to make MoP more appealing to Chinese players. Nor will it, overall, make it any less appealing to Western players. Some individuals in either culture? Probably. But that's a personal preference thing, not some major cultural impetus like you're describing.
    Indeed. Same way that Tauren aren't catering to the American Indian market (though I can't imagine how big that is!) and Dwarves aren't catering to the Scottish market and Worgen aren't catering to the UK market. People just love to bring up China because they have an issue with the country, or want to imply bad things about Blizzard.

Its silly, honestly. People demanded Pandaren since Burning Crusade, and Blizzard finally release them and base an expansion around them to please the fanbase, and then people complain about it. Seriously, what the hell. Unpleasable fanbases are the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't give a fuck what any of these people have to say. I just hit 88 and I'm loving it. Can't wait to start raiding.

Really, the only complaint I have so far is how noisy the Sha of Anger is. I hear his jabbering from halfway across the zone.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Here's the thing, they, or us, can not definitively say whether it's good or bad yet until they've experienced everything there is. And it all doesn't matter so long as you enjoy it which I take it you don't seeing as how you made this thread in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    This xpack is worse then Cata? LOLOL - I wanna know what these people are smoking. I've had more fun playing in these first few weeks since BC.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Deleted
    Well I'd rate it closer to 90 like 88 or so but 83 doesn't seem so bad

Only Issue I have with mop is that I am one of the heaviest alliance populated pve servers yet the server only has 1 25m alliance guild.
    Really is a shame that we went from 40m to 25m to glorified dungeons.

That being said it was hard to be excited for mop and i've spent nearly no time playing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    Unless they're positive about WoW right? then its good and trustworthy!
    All that needed to be said. If the reviews had all been stellar then they'd be telling us what a paragon of objectivity IGN is. Mind you the reviews aren't even bad their just slightly worse then the previous expansions.

Just wait it out guys. Everyone loved cata at the start to.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this expansion, too bad I can't like it anymore because a random guy on a forum links to a random critic. Guess I'll uninstall
    Why have a signature? What I just posted states how retarded I am anyways.

You can say whatever you want about MoP, but we know for a fact that Cataclysm was the worst expansion conceived by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Well, MoP is first good WoW expansion since (mid) WotLK so fuck the scores.
    I have to agree MoP is really fantastic. Beautiful living world with actual story line. Dark hidden aspects with compelling characters. You are the hero rather than super thrall and his mega gold kryptonite. You actually impact parts of the world. Tons of stuff to do beyond the daily grind. Those critics need critics to review them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Verdict finally in: millions of people keep paying money just to play this horribad, awful, tasteless game while 21 people somewhere in Internet rate it 83/100. Jesus Christ, this the end of WoW. /bashes his head against the table because of unbearable levels of stupidity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    It was downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogamer etc.
    I don't see that... I see favorable reviews from them... glasses for you maybe?
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    It has nothing to do with whether, it's stylewise or anything else. You were basically saying we are bending over and they are shoving asia up our - whatever. And that's a negative connotation. You were saying before that you didn't say it was a bad thing. But the image you painted is clearly negative.

Again, what is norse landscape to you?
    Describe it.

Snow, glaciers? Viking ships?
    Northrend had lots of that.

Dragonblight, Borean and Fjord, Icecrown and Stormpeaks.

What is asian landscape?
    What is asian about the landscape in Pandaria?

Jade Forest, sure. Bamboo, cherry blossom trees. Maybe a bit of Kunlai and Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
    But beyond that?

Krasarang looks like a jungle. Valley of the Four Winds is farmland that reminded me of zones like Arathi. Townlong Steppes doesn't remind me of asian landscape one bit. Dread Wastes is a dark bug-infested zone. What's asian in there?

There is more norse "landscape" in Northrend than there is asian in Pandaria.

Of course MoP is heavily based on asian culture. But just in terms of landscape. Not that much.
    Okay, Dragonblight was a graveyard for Dragons with psuedo 15th century French and English architecture strewn about everywhere. Where's the Norse-ness there?

The Storm Peaks had psuedo Greco-Roman architecture crossed with a Marvel Comics esque interpretation of Norse Mythology. Barely Norse there.

And the Borean Tundra... Seriously? It had fucking Maoi statues. And it was full of Inuit walrus folk. Let's not even get into Icecrown and Wintergrasp.

The only place that could have been truly described as Nordic was the Howling Fjord. It had just about as much 'real life influence' as Mists of Kung-fu Pandas does. And further from that, I disagree with your assumption that Mists of Pandaria has 'little Asiatic influences'. It positively overflows with maddening Chinese faux wisdom and imagery. Thank Odin they put a Mongol stand in to distract from the faggotry, somewhat.

I won't say that I agree with metacritic, but the game is far from good. With some changes this expansion would be a lot better.

The content can be cleared in a few days thanks to the Raid Finder, how is this possible on an MMORPG? And if you want to do the exactly same content in a higher difficult you must pass through weeks of annoying farm to get some gear.

This grind system is something that they should had changed in previous expansions, now we have dungeons, tabards, raids and Scenarios, they could implement other ways to gain rep without doing thousands of daily quests every day. Since the entire game is based on grind, diversity is essential.

You wanna know why they keep stuck on this repetition system? It's because is very easy to develop and keeps the player busy giving the false feeling that there's a lot of things to do. they've done this with Diablo for god sake.

The company has very loyal customers, I believe we deserve something with a little more effort. For now and because of that, I think they deserve the low score.