Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's better than Cataclysm and Wrath.

Here's the thing, they, or us, can not definitively say whether it's good or bad yet until they've experienced everything there is. And it all doesn't matter so long as you enjoy it which I take it you don't seeing as how you made this thread in the first place.

This xpack is worse then Cata? LOLOL - I wanna know what these people are smoking. I've had more fun playing in these first few weeks since BC.
    CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2GHz - GPU: Radeon HD 7770 1GB
    RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8GB 1600 - HDD: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black
    PSU: Raidmax 850W 80+ Gold - Case: HAF-X 942 Blue Edition

Well I'd rate it closer to 90 like 88 or so but 83 doesn't seem so bad

Only Issue I have with mop is that I am one of the heaviest alliance populated pve servers yet the server only has 1 25m alliance guild.
    Really is a shame that we went from 40m to 25m to glorified dungeons.

That being said it was hard to be excited for mop and i've spent nearly no time playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    Unless they're positive about WoW right? then its good and trustworthy!
    All that needed to be said. If the reviews had all been stellar then they'd be telling us what a paragon of objectivity IGN is. Mind you the reviews aren't even bad their just slightly worse then the previous expansions.

Just wait it out guys. Everyone loved cata at the start to.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I like this expansion, too bad I can't like it anymore because a random guy on a forum links to a random critic. Guess I'll uninstall
    Why have a signature? What I just posted states how retarded I am anyways.

You can say whatever you want about MoP, but we know for a fact that Cataclysm was the worst expansion conceived by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Well, MoP is first good WoW expansion since (mid) WotLK so fuck the scores.
    I have to agree MoP is really fantastic. Beautiful living world with actual story line. Dark hidden aspects with compelling characters. You are the hero rather than super thrall and his mega gold kryptonite. You actually impact parts of the world. Tons of stuff to do beyond the daily grind. Those critics need critics to review them.

Verdict finally in: millions of people keep paying money just to play this horribad, awful, tasteless game while 21 people somewhere in Internet rate it 83/100. Jesus Christ, this the end of WoW. /bashes his head against the table because of unbearable levels of stupidity
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Metzenphrenia. As defined in the DSM: "To be so badly written, that it drives the character into insanity." It's symptoms are similar to schizophrenia but even crazier.
    "There are no answers, only choices" - Solaris.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    It was downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogamer etc.
    I don't see that... I see favorable reviews from them... glasses for you maybe?
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    It has nothing to do with whether, it's stylewise or anything else. You were basically saying we are bending over and they are shoving asia up our - whatever. And that's a negative connotation. You were saying before that you didn't say it was a bad thing. But the image you painted is clearly negative.

Again, what is norse landscape to you?
    Describe it.

Snow, glaciers? Viking ships?
    Northrend had lots of that.

Dragonblight, Borean and Fjord, Icecrown and Stormpeaks.

What is asian landscape?
    What is asian about the landscape in Pandaria?

Jade Forest, sure. Bamboo, cherry blossom trees. Maybe a bit of Kunlai and Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
    But beyond that?

Krasarang looks like a jungle. Valley of the Four Winds is farmland that reminded me of zones like Arathi. Townlong Steppes doesn't remind me of asian landscape one bit. Dread Wastes is a dark bug-infested zone. What's asian in there?

There is more norse "landscape" in Northrend than there is asian in Pandaria.

Of course MoP is heavily based on asian culture. But just in terms of landscape. Not that much.
    Okay, Dragonblight was a graveyard for Dragons with psuedo 15th century French and English architecture strewn about everywhere. Where's the Norse-ness there?

The Storm Peaks had psuedo Greco-Roman architecture crossed with a Marvel Comics esque interpretation of Norse Mythology. Barely Norse there.

And the Borean Tundra... Seriously? It had fucking Maoi statues. And it was full of Inuit walrus folk. Let's not even get into Icecrown and Wintergrasp.

The only place that could have been truly described as Nordic was the Howling Fjord. It had just about as much 'real life influence' as Mists of Kung-fu Pandas does. And further from that, I disagree with your assumption that Mists of Pandaria has 'little Asiatic influences'. It positively overflows with maddening Chinese faux wisdom and imagery. Thank Odin they put a Mongol stand in to distract from the faggotry, somewhat.

I won't say that I agree with metacritic, but the game is far from good. With some changes this expansion would be a lot better.

The content can be cleared in a few days thanks to the Raid Finder, how is this possible on an MMORPG? And if you want to do the exactly same content in a higher difficult you must pass through weeks of annoying farm to get some gear.

This grind system is something that they should had changed in previous expansions, now we have dungeons, tabards, raids and Scenarios, they could implement other ways to gain rep without doing thousands of daily quests every day. Since the entire game is based on grind, diversity is essential.

You wanna know why they keep stuck on this repetition system? It's because is very easy to develop and keeps the player busy giving the false feeling that there's a lot of things to do. they've done this with Diablo for god sake.

The company has very loyal customers, I believe we deserve something with a little more effort. For now and because of that, I think they deserve the low score.

Field Marshal
    Sorry your looking at scores based off of a < month of gameplay at best and its just people not wanting to set them up to be attacked like they did in DIII

Good thing we have these so-called professionals who can decide for us what games are good and what games are bad.

On a more serious note, who cares what they think? I can't say for sure if MoP is bad or good since we're only a few weeks in, but what I can say is that MoP is definitely looking brighter than Cataclysm at this point.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Your basing this on meta critic, cataclysm has 51 reviews mists has 21 it's hardly a good comparison yet. Silly title silly thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Then your a mumbling dumbass who likes to make assumptions about people for the hell of it.

I've levelled to 90, done (and stopped doing) dailies, done the dungeons and MV (not heroic).

The truth once you take the goggles off is that MOP shows that WoW, as a game, has lost its shine. This is not surprising, it is old, the gameplay is weaker than newer games that play better like GW2, and the graphics are obviously ugly compared to Tera, GW, well, most games. None of this is what makes MOP bad though, it's just the natural aging of an already old game.

What actually makes MOP worse than other expansions are these:

- Gone are the talent trees and variety, the tweaking of buff/debuffs in groups and class variety - now you spec one of 6 ways - and really everyone does it the same. It's too simplistic, it reduces choice and tweaks, and frankly, it's just boring. The theorycraft has become simpler and less interesting, and that makes for a weaker, less varied metagame.

- The dailies are not content, they are boring and repetitive and just painful, and I stopped doing them.

- I feel like the game is trying to con me into "lame" progression, that is repetitive boring tasks to gain 1 item level. The "hamster wheel" was always there - but now it feels more like a hamster wheel than ever before. The raid content feels very recycled and boring, and isn't even very challenging. Gear matters more than skill, and after playing newer games, that grind mechanic just feels outdated.

- The lore is bad, sorry to lore defenders but it's lame. Pandas, chineseey insect baddies and terracota soldiers - where is the burning legion, where are the demons, the rage of the elements, all the cool serious stuff we loved about WoW? They're in the past. Now we get derivative and - this is the main part - disconnected stories about some pandaland that really I don't care about, with pandas I don't care about. I want WoW, horde and alliance, burning legion and draenor, the rich history of azeroth - not some randomly invented, totally disconnected panda story pulled out of the boring hat.

- War between horde and alliance? I don't see it, sorry, world PVP is non-existent and game mechanics don't support it, at all. It's just an attempt to make things sound exciting, when really they are not, and I don't fall for marketing bull. There is no war between horde and alliance, there's just some random ganking, and that's it.

- PVP balance: this is the worst I've seen, and I was there for s5 - and here's why: in s5, they could just tweak the numbers and fix it, it was really just that the numbers were out of balance. Now the mechanics are very different, and they can't just tweak and fix numbers to make it better. To fix PVP in MOP would require a complete overhaul/removal of the game mechanics they introduced with MOP, which would of course be rather counter-productive.

Anyway, just my opinion, feel free to discuss openly.
    Last edited by Xarim; 2012-10-14 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Okay, Dragonblight was a graveyard for Dragons with psuedo 15th century French and English architecture strewn about everywhere. Where's the Norse-ness there?

The Storm Peaks had psuedo Greco-Roman architecture crossed with a Marvel Comics esque interpretation of Norse Mythology. Barely Norse there.

And the Borean Tundra... Seriously? It had fucking Maoi statues. And it was full of Inuit walrus folk. Let's not even get into Icecrown and Wintergrasp.

The only place that could have been truly described as Nordic was the Howling Fjord. It had just about as much 'real life influence' as Mists of Kung-fu Pandas does. And further from that, I disagree with your assumption that Mists of Pandaria has 'little Asiatic influences'. It positively overflows with maddening Chinese faux wisdom and imagery. Thank Odin they put a Mongol stand in to distract from the faggotry, somewhat.
    If we're saying that icy landscapes and glaciers are norse landscape then we can count dragonblight and borean tundra in.
    Icecrown is one big glacier and the vrykul architecture in that zone is the same as in fjord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince McMahon
    Puke is good. Puke is nice. It fits the WWF Attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    If we're saying that icy landscapes and glaciers are norse landscape then we can count dragonblight and borean tundra in.
    Icecrown is one big glacier and the vrykul architecture in that zone is the same as in fjord.
    The landscape, music and surroundings are definitely more "norse-like" in Howling Fjord however. Sure, there is snow in Scandinavia during the winter/fall but it can't really be compared to Icecrown.

That said however, I'm not sure Blizzard meant for the whole continent of Northrend to be inspired by Norse mythology/landscape/culture/whatever. I believe they wanted some variety.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    The landscape, music and surroundings are definitely more "norse-like" in Howling Fjord however. Sure, there is snow in Scandinavia during the winter/fall but it can't really be compared to Icecrown.

That said however, I'm not sure Blizzard meant for the whole continent of Northrend to be inspired by Norse mythology/landscape/culture/whatever. I believe they wanted some variety.
    There's a subarea north of icecrown for dailyquests that has viking ships and vrykul. There are large vrykul villages in icecrown. Sure there's some variety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince McMahon
    Puke is good. Puke is nice. It fits the WWF Attitude.