Deleted

Gear optimization help

Currently I'm running around in a somewhat random assembly of level 80 Exotics.

However today I was pondering how much potential there is in optimizing my gear setup.

I concluded that I valued stats at roughly the following ratio:

Power - 1.0
    Precision / Vitality - 0.8
    Crit-Damage / Toughness - 0.6
    Healing - 0.4
    Condition Damage - 0.2

For the sake of PvE, I want a fair amount of Vitality and Toughness without passing up on too much Precision or Crit-Damage.

I've been messing around with the gear filter on: http://www.gw2db.com/items/armor/coats which is very useful, although it hasn't helped me reach a conclusion. There only seem to be a very limited set of stat combinations.

For example you cannot find gear with Power / Precision / Vitality. Knight's gear for example gives you Toughness / Power / Precision which is good, but leaves you with rather a lot of Toughness which isn't quite a good as Vitality according to reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...character_the/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...es_calculator/

Currently I'm considering the following possibilities:

Armor: Power / Toughness / Vitality
    Accessories: Power / Precision / Critical Damage

Pro: Well mixed stats, although probably less Precision than I was hoping for. May be able to compensate that with Runes.
    Con:: Hard to acquire since you can't purchase it from the Trading Post.

Armor: Toughness / Power / Precision (Knight's)
    Accessories: Power / Critical Damage / Vitality (Valkyrie's)

Pro: Easy to acquire, well rounded.
    Con: More Toughness than I was hoping for, too little Power.

Anyway, what are your thought on gear optimization. Have you given it any thought? Do you keep multiple sets? Etc.

I'm interested to hear how you gave each stat their weight. Is there a way to export the combat log? I was a theorycrafter during TBC for enhancement shamans and I am really intrigued for how you assess these stats. It can be really difficult to assess when you already have a weighted perception (ie vitality for survival etc).

For me, I am a pet defensive ranger so the sets I want are non-existent in exotics. I myself am looking for vitality / precision / healing. Vitality provides additional Power for me, precision gives might to my pet, and healing keeps us alive longer through regeneration (+33% regen time spec). The best way I found was to do a split for Toughness / Vitality and Power / Precision and both 'gear stats' have +healing. It is a happy compromise.

To continue stat weighting it would have to delve into sub-categories, specs, and I don't think the combat system really caters to the direct 1:1 comparison of stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuckerpooks View Post
    I'm interested to hear how you gave each stat their weight. Is there a way to export the combat log? I was a theorycrafter during TBC for enhancement shamans and I am really intrigued for how you assess these stats. It can be really difficult to assess when you already have a weighted perception (ie vitality for survival etc).

For me, I am a pet defensive ranger so the sets I want are non-existent in exotics. I myself am looking for vitality / precision / healing. Vitality provides additional Power for me, precision gives might to my pet, and healing keeps us alive longer through regeneration (+33% regen time spec). The best way I found was to do a split for Toughness / Vitality and Power / Precision and both 'gear stats' have +healing. It is a happy compromise.

To continue stat weighting it would have to delve into sub-categories, specs, and I don't think the combat system really caters to the direct 1:1 comparison of stats.
    its weighted on "what i like most to least using 20% differences b/c it looks pretty"
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    There have been a few theorycrafters on reddit that were calculating stuff like DPS increase per stat, time to live with various amount of Vitality and Toughness etc. So it isn't all just gut-feeling.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...character_the/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...ack_dps_chart/

there were a few others too but I cba to look for them now.

Essentially though the TL;DR is:

Power is the best damage stat, even for Crit-heavy builds.
    Vitality is something you should have "enough" of before stacking Toughness. However both stats scale with each other. The more Toughness you have, the more Vitality is worth and vice versa.
    The value of Healing really depends on the class and spec you are playing.