Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Expertise/hit bug?

Twice my living bomb failed to land on Feng...

13.38% hit
    15.54% w/expertise (tooltip)

Already reported it to blizz.. just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues

http://i.imgur.com/Wg1Cs.jpg

Deleted
    When he is casting epicenter (and 1-2 seg before that) you cannot hit him :P

10+ Year Old Account
    was it during epicenter?

Deleted

15+ Year Old Account
    Shoulda added- it wasn't during epicenter and it also missed on kings.

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Shoulda added- it wasn't during epicenter and it also missed on kings.
    Looking at your ss, it was during epicenter.

Deleted
    If you look again, you can see the CD on Epicenter is still 9ish seconds, so it clearly wasn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viveras View Post
    If you look again, you can see the CD on Epicenter is still 9ish seconds, so it clearly wasn't.
    look at the chat and the timestamps

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would really like to see a world of logs report as what your basing this on is an addon reporting that LB missed. As a fire mage the only time my spells have missed is during epicenter and I have seen that peticular addon report misses incorrectly before. Do you have a World of logs for this?

nice UI <3

epicenter gives you the hit reduction debuff, and it slacks when epicenter has finished so you still have it for a second or so

as for kings, the courage adds "deflect" abilities from their front, it may be entirely possible you misinterpreted that as a miss

but ofc it could indeed be a bug, but to determine that with more accuracy logs would be nice to see

I have 30+ hours worth of raiding with a mix of expertise and hit to fill my cap, and I have 0 misses in my logs and most other casters in my raid have the same.
    I'd be really surprised if this was a bug but as someone said, this was during epicenter.

Quote Originally Posted by Viveras View Post
    And there's also no Miss shown on the SCT, so that's irrelevant. It's all about the chat log.

Shoulda added- it wasn't during epicenter
    [09:28:19] Feng the Accursed begins to channel a violet [Epicenter]!
    [09:28:27] Your Living Bomb Missed Feng the Accursed. (Missed)

[09:28:56] Feng the Accursed begins to channel a violet [Epicenter]!
    [09:29:00] Your Living Bomb Missed Feng the Accursed. (Missed)

and it also missed on kings.
    Logs plx.

Did I miss something? Mages get hit from Expertise? Are you hit capped? cos it doesn't look like you are
    Last edited by Willfox; 2012-10-14 at 01:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Willfox View Post
    Did I miss something? Mages get hit from Expertise? Are you hit capped? cos it doesn't look like you are
    Expertise gives spell hit.

Wait what? Since when do mages stack expertice?
    isnt the cap 15% HIT as the primary goal for raiding?
    I've read priority list and I dont see any expertice on it nor can you find gear with expertice for casters. The only reason you missed is cause you got 13% hit which is 2% undercap.

Im reading my mages stats on the character screen right now and heres what I see:
    Melee: Reduce the chance to be dodged or the chance to be parried
    Range: Reduce the chance to be dodged
    Spell: ........I cant find any.........
    HAS NO EXPERTICE nor do the mage has a passive buff or active skill that says you gain anything from expertice

You sir needs to read more about your class. Your on MMO-champ, this site has a mage guide somewhere which is updated for MoP. If you dont believe mmo then go to elitistjerk or some other sites that teaches you how to play mage.

Yes you missed something Tom 1% exp now = 1% spell hit. Suprised me too but mr robot took me to a page where it explained it and I have seen it with my own eyes in game.

Epicenter is a 3 sec cast aint it, and then its like 8-10 sec channel.. But what i noticed was that epicenter channel ends before the hit debuff is gone, and the hit debuff stays there for good second or so before it finally clears.

I was reading the arcane guide a few sec ago, Yeh I saw thay said hit/exp I though that was a typo or something and I didnt believe it.
    So you guys know the reason why they did it?
    So does that mean we are getting expertice gear now?
    How come the stats does not have any tooltip about it yet? Since as of now I dont see expertice on the spell tab rather than range and melee tab.

To make enchantement viable with their new system I guess, plus the added benefit of making races like humans and gnomes have a bonus in raiding other than not looking absolutely redic like worgen when casting.

15+ Year Old Account
    do casters really reforge to expertise? why not just go straight hit?