Thread: mouse lag

Deleted

mouse lag

I do not know if lag is the correct word. But in-game my mouse doesn't move smoothly. Either it takes big leaps with a small mousesweep, or it's moving in little bits. The mouse is fine because I tried with 2 different ones. This is really annoying in games like COD. Thanks in advance! Please help me with this im desperate.

Have you tried to uninstall the mouse driver and reinstall it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandello19 View Post
    Have you tried to uninstall the mouse driver and reinstall it?
    Where can I find the mouse driver? never heard of it thanks for the fast response!

Go to your device manager, go to mouse, then uninstall or update the driver. Also check what your cpu usage is.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 02:42 PM ----------

if your cpu usage is over 85% your system will be too busy to service the mouse constantly.

Cpu usage is found in the task manager, cntrl alt delete

To find the device manager for win os. go to start menu, right click on my computer, pull down to properties.
    Last edited by Dandello19; 2012-10-13 at 07:44 PM.

I think that happens when games enable software mouse acelleration, disable that or look for a script that forces hardware acelleration.
    Last edited by Keller; 2012-10-13 at 07:46 PM.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Deleted
    If you are playing WoW. Enable/Disable the 'Hardware Cursor' in the Advanced System Settings. Helped me on my last computer.

Deleted
    Go to your device manager, go to mouse, then uninstall or update the driver. Also check what your cpu usage is.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 02:42 PM ----------

if your cpu usage is over 85% your system will be too busy to service the mouse constantly.

Cpu usage is found in the task manager, cntrl alt delete

To find the device manager for win os. go to start menu, right click on my computer, pull down to properties.
    everything up to date :s

Whats your cpu usage? cntrl alt delete. And does this only happen when youre playing games, or all the time?

Deleted
    This problem mainly occurs in shooters, ATM COD mw3

I had a similar issue to the one you're describing...I was using a logitech wireless mouse from about 6 feet away from the receiver. Occasionally, it would just not respond for a second, and then it would jump half way across the screen. I actually figured out that my cell phone was causing interference with the mouse. When my phone was in my pocket, the mouse would go through these periods of "lag." When I moved it away from the mouse, it was smooth. After a quick google search, I found other reports of interference caused by some cell phones or other electronics.

Deleted
    Whats your cpu usage? cntrl alt delete. And does this only happen when youre playing games, or all the time?
    only when playing games, CPU usage is 20-30% peaking 50% rarely

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 09:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Speckix View Post
    I had a similar issue to the one you're describing...I was using a logitech wireless mouse from about 6 feet away from the receiver. Occasionally, it would just not respond for a second, and then it would jump half way across the screen. I actually figured out that my cell phone was causing interference with the mouse. When my phone was in my pocket, the mouse would go through these periods of "lag." When I moved it away from the mouse, it was smooth. After a quick google search, I found other reports of interference caused by some cell phones or other electronics.
    I am using a wired mouse

is this 20-30% when idle or when playing said games? start up w/e game causes this skipping problem, then check the cpu usage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried looking at in-game options? there's sometimes one called "mouse smoothing" if there is, turn that shit off as it more often than not causes considerable input lag. Other than that I can't think what else it would be (I've only just woken up >.< and not had my black coffee!).
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Deleted
    is this 20-30% when idle or when playing said games? start up w/e game causes this skipping problem, then check the cpu usage.
    when playing, but atm its jumping to 70-80 :O

You need to identify why its jumping to 70-80%. Go to the task manager and take a look at the processes that are hogging/lagging your system and find what the culprit is. If you can identify why you're at 70-80% kill that hog of a task. If you can't what I would do next is check and update the drivers for your video card. If all that doesn't work, I'd run a scan looking for malware. If that doesn't work, and the pc worked fine with these games say a week ago, I'd run a system restore. I have to give you exactly what I'd do all in one post, as I have to boot down and get ready for a wedding. I hope you get it fixed, have a great day!