Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.1... Am I the only one?

So 5.1 one is on PTR and boy am I impressed. Not only am I overwhelmed with the speed it's on the PTR and the speed of which content is being made, but the actual amount we are getting in terms of content and lore. Boy am I happy.

But there is one gripe, why is it Warlocks are getting their own part of the legendary chain which seems like EVERYONE is going to be able to carry on through the expansion?

I'm probably seeing things to early, and with the old Legendary plan (See cata and previous expansions) I would be happy. But seeing how everyone is able to do the chain, it irks me that warlocks get something unique, especially something that involves Black temple. Man I loved that place, plus they get a relic.

Obviously it may be indication that each class will get their own stories as the expansion goes on.

So I will wait to judge completely.

But if warlocks are the only class that will get a unique part of the chain, I'm kind of annoyed. Am I the only one?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    Last I heard it's not sure what warlocks are getting exactly, although rumours of 'green fire' are numerous =P I might've missed something though, care to explain a bit more if I did? =P

10+ Year Old Account
    id like it more if i could make a lvl 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks make sense in a way. Wrathion isn't exactly someone who has high moral standards. He's likely trying to make changes that would not go over well with the majority of society so he's picking people with looser morals, the outcasts of society. First it was rogues, now warlocks.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Nope, I was a little annoyed when the rogues got it in Cata, but now that it's locks, I'm happy we're FINALLY getting some lore.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    from what I have read, I think the warlock quests has somthing to do with the new faction being introduced in 5.1.
    Either way, totally justified, Because I play a warlock

Hey, don't complain that warlocks are actually getting some love.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    But there is one gripe, why is it Warlocks are getting their own part of the legendary chain which seems like EVERYONE is going to be able to carry on through the expansion?
    It's apparently only indirectly related to the legendary chain. I.e. it's a quest chain that ends at Wrathion.

Given that the legendary questline achievements are character specific, i'd say we won't see a class limitation until after the fourth part at the earliest, if at all. Otherwise they'd be Feats of Strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not part of the legendary quest line, it is a story line with Wrathion and a new faction of warlocks, the council of the black harvest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    from what I have read, I think the warlock quests has somthing to do with the new faction being introduced in 5.1.
    Either way, totally justified, Because I play a warlock
    You are right sir, they're introducing the Council of the Black Harvest (formely named Council of the 6 Daggers) which is the group of (at least before the name change) the 6 most powerful warlocks still alive, each one master of a branch of warlock-y stuff - not to be confused with warlock specs - and starting their part of the plot. At this time it's still not sure if they're gonna be the "twilight hammer" of Pandaria or a not-so-moraly-conscious group that helps sorting things out.

from what i read the quest is to get the black harvest to join the alliance/horde depending on which you're playing as. doesnt really have anything to do with the legendary
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

While I agree it's not necessarily part of the legendary chain, we don't know what causes the tomes to drop. It could be they drop as part of the legendary chain for warlocks. And it does continue into 5.2 like the legendary chain.

If it isn't legendary I'm pissed that only 1 class gets a class quest back. I miss class quests.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

more warlock love please
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    While I agree it's not necessarily part of the legendary chain, we don't know what causes the tomes to drop. It could be they drop as part of the legendary chain for warlocks. And it does continue into 5.2 like the legendary chain.

If it isn't legendary I'm pissed that only 1 class gets a class quest back. I miss class quests.
    well its probably just a short quest that ends with green fire
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Im also impressed by the speed at which its on the PTR (I mean, the raids arent even fully released on live yet) and it looks like it could be the most awe-inspiring development in the war yet. I have no problem with the warlocks getting their own little piece of action since it does seem to fit into the story. Also seems like Wrathion likes working with the "darker" classes since they can be more subtle for his goals (rogues and now locks).

So far, Im excited. Now back into 5.0

Warriors could use some love... when was the last time protection warriors actually got a legendary item or questchain?

Deleted
    Because the legendary quests are heavily Legion based, and warlocks are kinda like Azeroth's demon experts.

Deleted
    made me sad too read its warlock only, love doing such quest.
    and would have prefered it if each class had their own unique quest line, just hope hunters get some cool new quest line agian some day. last one we had was in vanilla with the 4 demons, which i sadly never did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Krasarang Beach has the possibility to be some kind of new vanilla-AV-2.0, didn't take a look at it yet, but I hope they don't screw it up
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Krasarang Beach has the possibility to be some kind of new vanilla-AV-2.0, didn't take a look at it yet, but I hope they don't screw it up
    Theres a new BG in 5.1?