Thread: Void Shift

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by almosthuman View Post
    Sacrificing yourself is a bad mechanic.

Using that spell in pvp usually equals with a death in a couple of seconds at most.
    Using that spell in pve is extremely risky, not rewarding and has a very low chance to actually be needed/useful in raid fights.
    The hell are you on about? In PvE it's a situational Lay on Hands. It's absolutely superb, best thing to happen to tank healing in a long time. I use it all the time to bring the tank back up to full, and I've NEVER died as a result. Healing myself up is easy, desperate prayer and binding heal. How on earth can taking the tank from 1% to 100% be "not rewarding"?

Deleted
    It's completely useless huh?

Ok so switching your 20% hp with your psyfiend/voidtendrils/Shadowfiend and gaining 100% hp back is useless?(yes it works even after change).
    Using it to save your healer from los in arena is uselss, mkay.

You clearly have no idea what you are doing or are just trolling.

Deleted
    And don't forget you can use it in BGs to steal others' health when you're going to die. I know this is totally evil, but it sounds quite fair if somebody around you is a noob... Or if you're Shadow.

lmao.

Void Shift+Desperate Prayer. Think outside the box

Deleted
    Consider the percentages, tank has more health than you and so he consumes a larger portion of the heal when he's low, you can then heal yourself to full with a smaller amount than the tank would've required had you not shifted.

Deleted
    If you are playing organized PvP, casting it on a mage with Alter Time is quite funny and will often save the day. In Random PvP casting it on someone who is not engaged in combat to save your own life will help the team as a whole. It's also useful to save others life if you are in a safe spot.
    In PvE it is really a no-brainer: Cast it on a target who may not survive if you are absolutely sure that you will survive (also, desperate prayer is hands down the best spell in PvE in that specific talent tier).

Deleted
    well... Voidshift someone -> the lower one gets 15% hp -> disperse... or you are a healer -> desperate prayer you have something like 50% life.
    Sounds good for me in pve and pvp

Deleted
    Do you even play as a priest or you're just a fag doing theorycrafting? Sacrificing yourself is a bad mechanic.

Using that spell in pvp usually equals with a death in a couple of seconds at most.
    Using that spell in pve is extremely risky, not rewarding and has a very low chance to actually be needed/useful in raid fights.

[Infracted]
    Do you even play the game or are you just some internet warrior looking for a fight?

15+ Year Old Account
    Void Shift a low health tank then use Desperate Prayer. Free 100% health to tank, if he's below 25% you get 25% min health + DP = 55% total health back. It's enough to heal through without being one shot.

I dont see how anyone can see this as a bad spell.. I use it every fight pretty much, its a real lifesaver.

i love this spell. really. i saved my tank's ass like a thousand times when we were doing the heroics earlier. but what i hate about it is that it's our lvl 87 ability. every class got something output-wise. i can see this being super useful for healers, but shadow won't be using this unless they encounter some extreme situations (pve PoV). i'd pretty much prefer giving up this one for a dps cd. but meh. that's another topic.

Deleted
    Yeah having it do something else for shadow would be nice - a burst cooldown would be very useful as we don't really have any burst at the moment. I never really use VS as shadow as I'm not watching the tank health enough to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Antech View Post
    Really? REALLY? So a fight where the tank takes loads of damage and the raid almost none is not a good way to use it? Priest at 100% health and tank just have taken som massive damage and is on about 10-15%. Start thinking man.
    It's hard for stupid people.

But OT: It's a great CD when you really think about it. Will be great in Challenge modes too. The one I did the tank was dropping DRAMATICALLY.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

I fail to see how that is useful in any pvp or even pve scenario.
    This is a very useful spell in both cases,

Last night I was in a Battleground and there was a player that had superior skill to me and what did I do when they got trained suddenly at the Blacksmith? I void shift them giving them full hp again and together we were able to successfully defend the Blacksmith. Had I not void shift, he would've gone down and I would've been fighting a 3 v 1 scenario and most likely would've lost. Losing the Blacksmith along with it...

In PVE I've already saved two tanks from dying using Void Shift.

Deleted
    silly me. almost forgot. you can use that spell in heroic dungeons or LFR therefore that spell is almost OP.
    enjoy playing the most useless and broken healing class.
    Last edited by mmocb85e155447; 2012-10-18 at 10:11 PM.

I consider Void Shift to be similar to Lay on Hands. I've used it to save tanks in a number of raids. As shadow, my health isn't a big concern unless raid-wide AoE is incoming. If healers are distracted or something else happens and a tank spikes low, I can get him back to 100% quickly, and my health goes back up reasonably easily. You're also not likely to die, as you'll be brought to 25% health minimum. If you time it stupidly with fight mechanics you may die right afterward, but that's your fault, imo.

In PvP, you can use to similarly to save the burn target quickly. Or you can swap your low health with somebody else to buy a bit more time if your peels are poor. It has good synergy with binding heal either way you use it.

The CD should be more like 2-3 minutes, though. 6 is way too much for something that isn't incredibly OP just nice to have here and there.

Deleted
    I consider Void Shift to be similar to Lay on Hands. I've used it to save tanks in a number of raids. As shadow, my health isn't a big concern unless raid-wide AoE is incoming. If healers are distracted or something else happens and a tank spikes low, I can get him back to 100% quickly, and my health goes back up reasonably easily. You're also not likely to die, as you'll be brought to 25% health minimum. If you time it stupidly with fight mechanics you may die right afterward, but that's your fault, imo.

In PvP, you can use to similarly to save the burn target quickly. Or you can swap your low health with somebody else to buy a bit more time if your peels are poor. It has good synergy with binding heal either way you use it.

The CD should be more like 2-3 minutes, though. 6 is way too much for something that isn't incredibly OP just nice to have here and there.
    care to tell me your average dps on 2, 3rd and 5th boss in MV + your ilvl?

You can check out my epeenbot if you want. Sheitan @ US-Cho'gall.

I'm the raid leader, so it's second nature to be staring at our tanks' health at all times. I also OS heal a good bit, so my UI is setup for easy healing without missing what's going as far as fight mechanics. I can easily see the need for and throw VS out with zero problems. It's really not that hard. We have a ret pally that also uses LoH basically every fight just because he can.

Also, VS counts as damage and healing on WoL. I get 250k damage when I void shift a low health target, since I take about that much damage. For a GCD, that's really good. Even shadow should try to get one out every fight, imo. While healing, I often get +450k heals from it, too. It's a nice boost to any priest spec in that perspective.
    Last edited by Mctriple; 2012-10-18 at 11:08 PM.

Anyone who is still naysaying void shift. Try doing some challenge modes. Some we do with 4 dps and a tank just to hit the gold medal times and void shift is a godsend in these along with halo and VE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    but what i hate about it is that it's our lvl 87 ability. every class got something output-wise.
    Eh?

Warlocks- Demonic Portal.

Druids- Symboisis.

Paladins- Blinding Light.

Sooo, yea, im not seeing all these output things you talking bout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.