Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
... LastLast
  1. #121
    I just made a bunch of updates to the OP - I was out of touch for a bit due to the holidays and illness (finally better). Thanks to everyone who has been active in helping people in the thread on points that I wasn't clear or didn't include in the OP.

    Two things I added that I feel are worth pointing out where Opening Fight Sequences and a link for an addon called Enhancement Technique, which is basically a replacement for Shock and Awe (from what I've been told, only just heard about it, and I never used Shock and Awe so I can't compare really).

    Thanks to Axalicious for the great signature!

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by streetlightout View Post
    I don't believe that it can - from my testing earlier on EotE I didn't specifically test this but based on how LS interacts I would venture that it wouldn't be duplicated.
    Actually EoTE Can proc Ls. If you go get scrolling battle text you will see it happen ALOT lol.

  3. #123
    Stood in the Fire NPSlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by omallydapally View Post
    Actually EoTE Can proc Ls. If you go get scrolling battle text you will see it happen ALOT lol.
    Are you sure? I hate to presume but maybe it's the Unleash Fury: Windsong effect allowing LS to proc from melee? I'm using Ele Blast and Echo and not seeing LS proc like you say.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by NPSlow View Post
    Are you sure? I hate to presume but maybe it's the Unleash Fury: Windsong effect allowing LS to proc from melee? I'm using Ele Blast and Echo and not seeing LS proc like you say.

    You are correct.

    Lightning Shield doesn't proc EoTE, the additional Lightning Shield hits you are seeing is coming from the interaction between UF and your white swings.

    السلام عليكم

  5. #125
    I'm trying to eek out every last bit of DPS I can in my guild's run to completing 5.1 before 5.2 comes out.

    I've been looking at the Simcraft and Noxxic, and it appears as though I'm getting my damage in a single boss fight from different sources than what I should be getting it from.

    LL, FS, LS, Melee are my top four all around 11.5%


    Now I know for a fact I'm not perfect in my rotation delivery (human afterall) is this typically what I should be seeing as my top 4 sources?


    Also curious...how many Stormblasts are people getting in a typical Accendance? I can get 2 with the third appearing like its 2s (more like 1.75s) away. Would going for more Haste over mastery to a "3rd Blast" be advisable? (I ask as it appears to be our highest DpET


    Jaysham on Earthen Ring (log http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...6wj/details/3/)

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    I'm trying to eek out every last bit of DPS I can in my guild's run to completing 5.1 before 5.2 comes out.

    I've been looking at the Simcraft and Noxxic, and it appears as though I'm getting my damage in a single boss fight from different sources than what I should be getting it from.

    LL, FS, LS, Melee are my top four all around 11.5%


    Now I know for a fact I'm not perfect in my rotation delivery (human afterall) is this typically what I should be seeing as my top 4 sources?


    Also curious...how many Stormblasts are people getting in a typical Accendance? I can get 2 with the third appearing like its 2s (more like 1.75s) away. Would going for more Haste over mastery to a "3rd Blast" be advisable? (I ask as it appears to be our highest DpET


    Jaysham on Earthen Ring (log http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...6wj/details/3/)
    I looked at a few of your fights and compared them to mine, and assuming I'm not doing everything completely wrong, you seem to be on the right track. LL, LS, and Melee should be your top 3 damaging abilities with the talents you have on most fights - there might be times that LB can creep up, but it should stay around 4th or so with FS and SS following closely behind. Just remember, that link you provided was your overall damage, and that doesn't really matter since it will include trash, wipes, etc. the best way to see how you're doing in terms of damage distribution is to compare specific successful fights with other parses.

    As for stormblasts, you should fit 2 into the Ascendance rotation.

    Thanks to Axalicious for the great signature!

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Also curious...how many Stormblasts are people getting in a typical Accendance? I can get 2 with the third appearing like its 2s (more like 1.75s) away. Would going for more Haste over mastery to a "3rd Blast" be advisable? (I ask as it appears to be our highest DpET)
    Haste doesn't decrease the cooldown on stormblast, so it wouldn't matter either way.

  8. #128
    Can someobody clear of the enh priority/rotation for me? I am a bit confused. I am using EotE/UF

    I just want to know how many ES i should be using inbetween FS considering i have UF and it is not glyphed.

  9. #129
    Stood in the Fire NPSlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    388
    Without the glyph I think I remember it's a pretty solid FS - ES - FS - ES rotation. However they are increasing the flame shock duration to that of FS with the glyph in 5.2 I think, in which case it is *usually* FS followed by two ES rng willing.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by NPSlow View Post
    Without the glyph I think I remember it's a pretty solid FS - ES - FS - ES rotation. However they are increasing the flame shock duration to that of FS with the glyph in 5.2 I think, in which case it is *usually* FS followed by two ES rng willing.
    To add to that - you have to also take in MSV stacks into consideration as ES is one of our lowest priority abilities, so there could be times where you're pumping out MSVx5 LBs instead of using ES at all (MW>3_LB_UF as well) - this is why the priority is set up how it is, it's not set in stone to cast 2 ES per application of UE+FS, I know there have been times when I've watched ES sit off CD for a long period of time.

    Thanks to Axalicious for the great signature!

  11. #131
    I am one of two competitive Enhancement Shamans in my guild's 25m raid group. Since we're getting into heroic content and all normal content is on farm, I'm looking to eke out as much damage as I can and min/max to the best of my ability for those heroic encounters.

    Trinket-wise, I'm currently using Bottle of Infinite Stars (normal) and Terror in the Mists (normal), but I do have the Relic of Xuen. All three trinkets are fully upgraded (2/2).

    From what I've been told, Bottle of Infinite Stars beats both Terror in the Mists and Relic of Xuen. Terror and Relic, however, are extremely comparable. I have read that Relic's dependence on Crit (which is currently my least-favorable stat, thanks to gearing/sims) makes Terror somewhat more desirable due to Terror being activated by both Crits and non-Crits. My dilemma boils down to this: Would I rather have static Agility with a Crit-triggered Agility proc or static Agility with a hit-triggered Crit proc?

    I'm so confused, I'm caught in a glass case of dafuq. :<
    Last edited by theCOLORtwelve; 2013-01-17 at 05:55 PM.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by theCOLORtwelve View Post
    I am one of two competitive Enhancement Shamans in my guild's 25m raid group. Since we're getting into heroic content and all normal content is on farm, I'm looking to eke out as much damage as I can and min/max to the best of my ability for those heroic encounters.

    Trinket-wise, I'm currently using Bottle of Infinite Stars (normal) and Terror in the Mists (normal), but I do have the Relic of Xuen. All three trinkets are fully upgraded (2/2).

    From what I've been told, Bottle of Infinite Stars beats both Terror in the Mists and Relic of Xuen. Terror and Relic, however, are extremely comparable. I have read that Relic's dependence on Crit (which is currently my least-favorable stat, thanks to gearing/sims) makes Terror somewhat more desirable due to Terror being activated by both Crits and non-Crits. My dilemma boils down to this: Would I rather have static Agility with a Crit-triggered Agility proc or static Agility with a hit-triggered Crit proc?

    I'm so confused, I'm caught in a glass case of dafuq. :<
    I personally haven't seen my dps "gimped" by waiting for a proc from the Relic - I have timers for the ICD and it's pretty much back up once the ICD is over. I would have to see your particular sim stats to give you a definite answer which would sim out to be better for you, however based on the fact that crit is your lowest priority I would lean towards Relic being better for you. Personally crit is my 2nd best so I'm sticking with Relic and Terror (don't have Bottle anyway, I'd only replace Relic if I got the normal Bottle).

    Thanks to Axalicious for the great signature!

  13. #133
    Stood in the Fire NPSlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by theCOLORtwelve View Post
    I am one of two competitive Enhancement Shamans in my guild's 25m raid group. Since we're getting into heroic content and all normal content is on farm, I'm looking to eke out as much damage as I can and min/max to the best of my ability for those heroic encounters.

    Trinket-wise, I'm currently using Bottle of Infinite Stars (normal) and Terror in the Mists (normal), but I do have the Relic of Xuen. All three trinkets are fully upgraded (2/2).

    From what I've been told, Bottle of Infinite Stars beats both Terror in the Mists and Relic of Xuen. Terror and Relic, however, are extremely comparable. I have read that Relic's dependence on Crit (which is currently my least-favorable stat, thanks to gearing/sims) makes Terror somewhat more desirable due to Terror being activated by both Crits and non-Crits. My dilemma boils down to this: Would I rather have static Agility with a Crit-triggered Agility proc or static Agility with a hit-triggered Crit proc?

    I'm so confused, I'm caught in a glass case of dafuq. :<
    For my current build, I'm going Agi > Mastery > Crit so things might be different. However, I don't see any issues "waiting on a proc" for the Relic, maybe something to do with our current 4 piece though not sure.

    IMO the sims will always give you the best answer, but my gut tells me that Bottle of Stars and Relic will be best
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

  14. #134
    For me personally, Terror was about a 500 dps upgrade of Relic of Xuen. This was back when I was maybe like 499 - 503 ilvl. Personally I'd go with the Terror in the Mists. Both myself and the Hunters in my guild had noticed that we could potentially not get a proc for up to a minute, which was really rough during progression. Most of us ended up using Terror in the Mists because it's more reliant than Relic.

    السلام عليكم

  15. #135
    I simmed it, showed me that Terror/Bottle gives about 400 more DPS than Bottle/Relic.

  16. #136
    I'm looking for a bit of advice. How great is the 2pc bonus. I picked up the chest off of lfr, and I'm unsure if losing the stats from what I currently have is better. Vakgar of Medivh is my toon.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by albirieo View Post
    I'm looking for a bit of advice. How great is the 2pc bonus. I picked up the chest off of lfr, and I'm unsure if losing the stats from what I currently have is better. Vakgar of Medivh is my toon.
    I recommend you sim it, however in the end the tier bonuses are % dps increases and all tend to be optimized fairly well for us.

    Thanks to Axalicious for the great signature!

  18. #138
    What if they took Lighting Bolt off the GCD? You know, kinda like Heroic Strike but work it into the MW buff so that it isn't OP.

    I personally thinking that it would make MW stacks (especially with the future Tier bonus) and the whole rotation so much smoother.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by theCOLORtwelve View Post
    I simmed it, showed me that Terror/Bottle gives about 400 more DPS than Bottle/Relic.
    I also noticed a difference in dps with terror/bottle over Relic.

  20. #140
    Would you be able to update the levelling portion?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •