Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Just got back to the game after a 2 month break to find out that the old "main" spec (EotE + UF) isn't top anymore, to be replaced by EM+PE.

Thing is, i've never touched PE so i have no idea what to do with that elemental. You use it and then what, let it dmg on it owns or spam the buff it gives to the user?

That and it seems haste has a higher prior as well now ?
    You can't just look at the changes and say X is top and there's no debate. It matters based on the fight, based on your playstyle, and most importantly where you are at in gearing (aka your total stats). As you gear up through ToT you'll be able to push a lot more haste out of your gear, which then favors EM/AS+PE more than a mastery based build of EotE+UF. However there could still be fights where specific talent choices are just more efficient, and I personally prefer using AS+UF as my default go to DPS build for most fights as I prefer to consistent dps I'm able to put out with it.

When using PE just treat your FET as you normally would, have it go attack, you can ignore the buff it provides as it's a dps loss for it to not be attacking, it's a really lackluster talent in my opinion as it just adds more damage done by your FET, nothing else really. PE has become typically the stronger talent choice due to haste stacking in ToT since pets benefit most from haste and agility from us.

Just to also catch you up, haste is becoming the preferred stat to push towards because of the legendary meta and all the RPPM trinkets and how they synergize better with haste as a primary stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabells View Post
    When picking between the Primal Elementalist and the Unleash Fury, i got a hard time figuring out what deals the most damage. And if Primal Elementalist only seems rather good during AoE packs and alike.

The cooldown of the elemental seems rather long also, if you compare it to the amount of times you can use your Unleashed Fury.
    Unleashed Fury seems like the best to pick, or is the other better, if I use it more percisely?
    Similar to what I just wrote in response to the previous quote, the difference between UF and PE should come down to what the fight demands, your playstyle, and what stats you currently have on your gear. Typically on fights with high and predictable burst phases (i.e. Jin'Rokh) PE is the better choice, especially if you have a haste focused build. UF is better used on fights where you need more consistent dps and when you have a more mastery focused build. I still stick with UF over PE for personal preference (do use PE on Jin'Rokh though, too good to not use).

As for using PE for AoE packs and the like, that's more likely going to be a waste of the PET to not use it properly during a burn phase or an instance where you gain a dps boost, if you're looking to push more AoE out taking EotE would be a better bet. And PET has a long cooldown for a reason, it's a large dps CD, you can't compare two talents in a tier and say "well this is better because I can use it all the time vs this long CD" they are balanced like that for a reason, one provides more consistent dps and the other provides amazing good burst dps - PET glyphed + Ascendance gives you amazing burst every 3min.
    Asrel - Shadow Priest <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind
    Aretoo - Havoc DH <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind

Just wanted to note that overall there is very little in game data on talent combos not named EM/PE or EoE/UF so its very hard to validate the sim data and talk about other talent combos.

Purge has started an effort on TotemSpot to try to get some in game data for various other talent combos. Most of the people involved are on the higher end of gear so I imagine it would be nice to get say, some AS/EB data from other shamans in various gear levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    Just wanted to note that overall there is very little in game data on talent combos not named EM/PE or EoE/UF so its very hard to validate the sim data and talk about other talent combos.

Purge has started an effort on TotemSpot to try to get some in game data for various other talent combos. Most of the people involved are on the higher end of gear so I imagine it would be nice to get say, some AS/EB data from other shamans in various gear levels.
    Where exactly is that discussion happening? I'd be more than willing to post up some data since I mainly run AS+UF and my gear is more of just average ilevel than what high end shamans are running.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im enjoying AS + UF atm, although 1 free LB every 1.5min seems a bit...lacking

Is anyone else having serious problems reaching the expertise cap? At the moment I'm sitting at a nice and high 10.45%. And can't get rid of anything more from reforging / gemming. I was thinking of buying the valor cloak as next upgrade, but it has expertise on it, and my current cloak doesn't so Im unsure of what to upgrade next..

My armory:

eu.battle.net /wow/en/character/doomhammer/E%C3%BBry/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Eurybia View Post
    Is anyone else having serious problems reaching the expertise cap? At the moment I'm sitting at a nice and high 10.45%. And can't get rid of anything more from reforging / gemming. I was thinking of buying the valor cloak as next upgrade, but it has expertise on it, and my current cloak doesn't so Im unsure of what to upgrade next..

My armory:

eu.battle.net /wow/en/character/doomhammer/E%C3%BBry/advanced
    As tiers increase there will be more stats on gear, thus reaching caps becomes much easier and something you have to actively look out for, this really isn't anything new as it happens each expansion. Personally I do have a crap load of expertise (can't even use my trinket off Jin'Rokh yet) so I'm just waiting to swap some pieces out to improve my stat situation.

Is there any correlation between which talents you choose and whether to spec master or haste?
    Eg. Going EM or AS = you must reforge haste OR going UF means you must reforge Mastery ?

Quote Originally Posted by themasterninja View Post
    Is there any correlation between which talents you choose and whether to spec master or haste?
    Eg. Going EM or AS = you must reforge haste OR going UF means you must reforge Mastery ?
    EotE+UF is typically the mastery build with EM+PE being the haste build. I'm using AS+UF which after a bunch of simming seems to be a haste=mastery build. When in doubt, sim it! If you're new to simming shoot me a PM and I can give a quick and dirty of how to use the tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by streetlightout View Post
    EotE+UF is typically the mastery build with EM+PE being the haste build. I'm using AS+UF which after a bunch of simming seems to be a haste=mastery build. When in doubt, sim it! If you're new to simming shoot me a PM and I can give a quick and dirty of how to use the tool.
    Yeah, but the frontpage guide mentions that EotE's importance declined to the point that it's either EM or AS even for a mastery build.

thanks that info is useful! I won't worry about simming right now though

Anyone know how much will Enha's aoe dps increase with the buff to mental quickness passive in 5.3?

about 5% from that buff alone. With the other buffs we're looking at ~10%

Where exactly is that discussion happening? I'd be more than willing to post up some data since I mainly run AS+UF and my gear is more of just average ilevel than what high end shamans are running.
    http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6971

Starts at post 16. Most of the parses linked in that thread are a couple of weeks old at this point.

I've noticed that my Lightning Shield doesn't do as much damage as it used to do. A while ago it used to be my 1st or 2nd damaging spell but now it's even worse than SS OH. I used to run EotE and UF but switched to EM and PE and then started to prioritize haste. but I really doubt that 7% or 8% mastery is the issue. I also just tested it with EotE ad got the same results. Am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by voulcher View Post
    I've noticed that my Lightning Shield doesn't do as much damage as it used to do. A while ago it used to be my 1st or 2nd damaging spell but now it's even worse than SS OH. I used to run EotE and UF but switched to EM and PE and then started to prioritize haste. but I really doubt that 7% or 8% mastery is the issue. I also just tested it with EotE ad got the same results. Am I missing something here?
    Unleashed Fury - Windfury Weapon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voulcher View Post
    because of unleashed fury. with windfury weapon your autoattacks have a chance to trigger lightning shield.

Can't believe I missed that. Thanks for the replies.

I may be getting brain-drain here, but I've been looking through threads here, on EJ, and on Totemspot, to try and figure this out.

In general, once you change to the tier 15 2-piece bonus, are you better off shifting your priority queue, on fights where you're using UF? Specifically, does the tier 15 2-piece bonus place SS at a higher priority, than UE, even if UF is your tier 6 talent? And, if so, then is UE still a higher priority than LL (still using UF)?

Well, looks like we our "fight of the tier" and it's Ra'den. Not only do we do amazing dps on this fight but we also heal the crap out of P2. It's like having an extra healer on your roster if you use the MW glyph (I'm not even joking, I did like 150k hps in that phase).

Nice that for once we have "OP" status on a boss kill that determines ranks for guilds.

Can someone give me a simplified version of the single target rotation? All the "this if this if this if this if this" and having cooldowns in the priority isn't exactly helpful in explaining what buttons to press. Just need a simplified version like Lava Lash > Stormstrike > Earth Shock or whatever it is.