Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    @Embermoon > I talked about overhealing because i want him to use his toolset to his max and if he's not dps'ing as much as he can because he can help during special boss mechanism by offhealing then he needs to do it, but as for now most of it is overhealing and not helping our raid. It's both my concern atm and at the same time i'm trying to learn how and when to use an enh shaman in hc setup situations because i'll probably switch to the class at 5.4.

Thanks Street, now i know what to tell him and what i should also do myself when playing my alt to avoid those overhealing situations aswell as still doing my primary job aka dps'ing . I need to wait for more gear !

So you guys HR over Chain Heal?

I usually find that with my HR I'm only getting myself and our other melee...but with CH I get Me, the DK and at least one tank.

Is HR just that much better than CH? I ask as the only fight I really need to use it is Magerea and I am pulling around 35-40k hps 110-120k dps (i519) but if I can help so much more with HR, I'll use that.

Street, I think I see your gist. Your previous post looked like you were saying (in a vacuum) that enhancement needed to be concerned about overhealing. Now it looks like your meaning is more along the lines of a wise enhancement player is always going to evaluate whether that MW5 stack would be spent more wisely on heals versus dps. I'm in full agreement with that concept, as I raid enhancement, with vuhdo open, just to pop heals when needed.

@Inambour: One thing that may not be evident, from reviewing those parses, is that it's possible that your guy is putting HR down, when he sees the need, but that before his HR can tick for any appreciable amount, the rest of the healers wind up topping the raid off, making his HR go into mostly overhealing. As for using his toolset to the max, if he's hitting 1.1 million, on burst, then he sounds like a very capable enhancement player, even for the gear I'm sure he has. Have you spoken to him, to ask about his [off-]healing strategy?

@Jayinjersey: I think it all boils down to a judgment call, depending on your group's situation. In our group, on Magaera, I tend to spot heal the tanks with a MW5_HS, and the rest of the raid with MW5_CH, as needed. Our healing comp is pretty weak on group healing. I've noticed that the times where the tanks tend to die, is when I see the other dps take spike damage, which then focuses healer attention away from the tanks. So, I'll pop a MW5_CH on the dps (sometimes even hard-casting), or a HS on the tanks, until the group can recover. The only time I would pop HR was during rampage, and I try to save ancestral guidance for only those rampages where we really need it.

I took a look at our Mag kill on 6/4/13. I did roughly 64k hps, but it looks like 20k of that was overhealing (HPS(e) was 44k). The disc priest that I beat was only 495 ilvl at the time, and this night was his first run through normal ToT. With his skill, if he was up to everyone else's gear level, I wouldn't have even had the 44k effective healing, imo. Looks like my dps was just shy of 123k, for the whole fight. I'm a 520 equipped ilvl, so we're really close, for comparison purposes. IIRC, my glyphs on this fight are healing storm, healing stream, and shamanistic rage (so that I can dispel myself).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...?s=7265&e=7736

Deleted
    Is it a DPS loss or gain to turn off the auto-cast abilities on your FET as Enh and just let it focus on auto attacks completely?

Quote Originally Posted by zwaax View Post
    Is it a DPS loss or gain to turn off the auto-cast abilities on your FET as Enh and just let it focus on auto attacks completely?
    Just make sure it isn't casting the buff if you talent Primal Elementalist - otherwise let it do it's thing, auto attacks and abilities, for maximum dps.
    Asrel - Shadow Priest <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind
    Aretoo - Havoc DH <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind

Deleted
    You mean empower ? It has no auto cast like the others.
    Is earth elemental with PE (with taunt turned off) a dps increase after the 1 min shared CD finished ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inambour View Post
    You mean empower ? It has no auto cast like the others.
    Is earth elemental with PE (with taunt turned off) a dps increase after the 1 min shared CD finished ?
    Was more thinking about the casts such as Immolate.

That normalizing of Stormblast....anything we should be concerned about?

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    That normalizing of Stormblast....anything we should be concerned about?
    I just saw that - there's really no numbers presented from what I saw and whatever blue posted it also said that the overall damage would be the same - so there should be no concerns - this is of course something that will be monitored in the next few days, but it's really not anything we have any control over, whether it's a buff or nerf it doesn't change how we treat Stormblast.

Quote Originally Posted by streetlightout View Post
    I just saw that - there's really no numbers presented from what I saw and whatever blue posted it also said that the overall damage would be the same - so there should be no concerns - this is of course something that will be monitored in the next few days, but it's really not anything we have any control over, whether it's a buff or nerf it doesn't change how we treat Stormblast.
    I suspect it's a mix of clearing up numbers from Zeeg's Ancient Kegsmasher and to fix the huge gap of damage it can do, trinket procs alone do not justify it doing 150k crit one ascendance and 600k the next.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    I suspect it's a mix of clearing up numbers from Zeeg's Ancient Kegsmasher and to fix the huge gap of damage it can do, trinket procs alone do not justify it doing 150k crit one ascendance and 600k the next.
    I'm not seeing the issue with Zeeg's, in regard to Stormblast. Kura-Kura, Hand of the Dark Animus, Wu-Lai, and Tia-Tia, for example, all have a high end of 14,272 damage, at iLvl 522. Zeeg's, in comparison, is 13,174.

If Zeeg's was the issue, wouldn't blizz simply adjust that one weapon?

Zeeg's is good or bad? I don't understand. If it's bad, that might explain my issues and yoyoing DPS from attempt to attempt.

I run at a 539 ilevel but barely beat tanks on bosses. My hunch is it's my normal mode weapons and 2.4 speed zeeg in my offhand thats messing me up. I run PE/EM. Just did a few 3 min dummies (agi gems) and I'm constantly at 140k -150k dps (no stormlash, 1 fire ele, 1 earth ele). With haste gems the DPS doesn't change on dummies/sim craft.

http://www.battlenet.com.cn/wow/zh/c...Iggie/advanced since none of you can read Chinese, weapon is a 2/2 non TF off consorts, OH is a normal TF 2/2 zeeg. Gems are currently all agi/haste, but I'm looking into a full haste build and if I have the gear to do it now. I just can't help but feeling I'm doing something very, VERY wrong. The realistic 522 ilevel dps off noxic is 165k or so, while I wet noodle the dummy for 145k. I did less than 200k on our Dark Animus Heroic kill (no aoe).

I open on the dummy with wolves -> unleash -> flame shock -> ss -> fire ele + asc + lifeblood + EM -> SS -> lightning bolt and by the end of the ascendance I'm only at 320k DPS. Seems horribly low. Simming with all buffs/debuffs shows me at:

DPS DPS(e) DPS Error DPS Range DPR RPS Out RPS In Primary Resource Waiting APM Active Skill
    190537.6 190537.6 312.46 / 0.16% 8312 / 4.4% 207.6 683.2 681.1 Mana 18.37% 42.4 100.0% 100%

edit: we run juju/rentaki for our BiS hate build, correct? I thought bloodlust looked pretty good...
    Last edited by iggie; 2013-07-03 at 05:41 PM.

Deleted
    Hey Guys, I have some serious questions concerning my Enhancershaman:

1. Do we really Hardcast LB with >1 MW stack if everything else is on CD? It seems to lower my dps by huge amounts.
    2. Haste or Mastery ? I know that Haste gets stronger with the RPPM-Trinkets and t15-gear, but what about ~ilvl 500 with only 2p14?

Quote Originally Posted by Gradai View Post
    Hey Guys, I have some serious questions concerning my Enhancershaman:

1. Do we really Hardcast LB with >1 MW stack if everything else is on CD? It seems to lower my dps by huge amounts.
    2. Haste or Mastery ? I know that Haste gets stronger with the RPPM-Trinkets and t15-gear, but what about ~ilvl 500 with only 2p14?
    1. Yes Hardcasting LB as stated by the priority list is the most optimal way to dps - however you have to do it with the rule that hardcasting will not delay a high priority ability. So if LL is coming off CD in 1 second and your MSWx1+LB cast will delay it, then you don't hardcast. I find I'm rarely hardcasting at MSWx1 mostly because I typically always have MSWx3+ because of the 4set bonus and high amounts of haste on my gear.
    2. When in doubt, sim it out. I think when I was around that gear level my optimal haste v mastery stat weights were extremely close, almost even until I gained more ToT gear (BiS trinkets is when I switched to haste build).

Deleted
    1. Yes Hardcasting LB as stated by the priority list is the most optimal way to dps - however you have to do it with the rule that hardcasting will not delay a high priority ability. So if LL is coming off CD in 1 second and your MSWx1+LB cast will delay it, then you don't hardcast. I find I'm rarely hardcasting at MSWx1 mostly because I typically always have MSWx3+ because of the 4set bonus and high amounts of haste on my gear.
    2. When in doubt, sim it out. I think when I was around that gear level my optimal haste v mastery stat weights were extremely close, almost even until I gained more ToT gear (BiS trinkets is when I switched to haste build).
    Yea Thanks. Kinda have to wrap my head around that rotation, its still hard without Shockandawe :/

edit: It feels like its getting easier with more haste and t15-set. I have to hardcast aprox. 1 time per 1-2 SS cd resets atm, and I have no t15 or higher gear.
    Im doing ~62k dps on the dummy without any burstbuffs like elemental mastery, wolves, fire elemental or BL just practicing this rotation.

Is there any rule of thumb how "good" or "bad" that is ? Consider :
    http(//eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/blackmoore/Gradai/simple

( Cant yet post any link so put two brackets in it after http. )
    Last edited by mmoc90418ee805; 2013-07-04 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradai View Post
    Yea Thanks. Kinda have to wrap my head around that rotation, its still hard without Shockandawe :/

edit: It feels like its getting easier with more haste and t15-set. I have to hardcast aprox. 1 time per 1-2 SS cd resets atm, and I have no t15 or higher gear.
    Im doing ~62k dps on the dummy without any burstbuffs like elemental mastery, wolves, fire elemental or BL just practicing this rotation.

Is there any rule of thumb how "good" or "bad" that is ? Consider :
    http(//eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/blackmoore/Gradai/simple

( Cant yet post any link so put two brackets in it after http. )
    Shockandawe still exists and was being maintained last I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    I'm not seeing the issue with Zeeg's, in regard to Stormblast. Kura-Kura, Hand of the Dark Animus, Wu-Lai, and Tia-Tia, for example, all have a high end of 14,272 damage, at iLvl 522. Zeeg's, in comparison, is 13,174.

If Zeeg's was the issue, wouldn't blizz simply adjust that one weapon?
    The point is it's normalized so Zeeg's isn't negatively impacted by Stormblast's design, hense normalizing the damage overall. I didn't say Zeeg's is the issue, I'm saying stormblast's interaction with Zeeg's is.

10+ Year Old Account
    hello fellow shamans!

my shaman has enhancement as offspec (ilvl 519) with TF Talisman, normal Bad Juju and the legendary meta. just wondering if i should focus more on haste. i'm currently using orange gems in yellow slots instead of pure haste gems.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nette/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The point is it's normalized so Zeeg's isn't negatively impacted by Stormblast's design, hense normalizing the damage overall. I didn't say Zeeg's is the issue, I'm saying stormblast's interaction with Zeeg's is.
    When you said "it," (bolded, underlined above) were you referring to Zeeg's, or to Stormblast?

The post appears that you're suggesting that Zeeg's could do massive damage, prior to the normalization (which I'm not understanding how it could). If you meant that a non-normalized Stormblast was what could do massive damage with 2.6 speed weapons, then that makes sense to me.

Shockandawe still exists and was being maintained last I checked.
    ShockandAwe was good in TBC for timing windfury as it came off cooldown, but for now enhprio is simply superior for those who aren't addicted to Snawe.