Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is that EJ post talking specifically about the OH enchant?

Dancing steel procs on successful melee strikes with 2 RPPM.
    Each of the three Windsong buffs are independent, have 2 RPPM and can proc from any spell damage, melee damage or healing done.

I can see how the uptime on windsong could be really high on fights with lots of Fire Nova opportunities, same reason Echo is favorable when you've got that much spell damage flying around..
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

what are the top races for enh on horde atm? i surely thought it was orc, but my guildies claim its panda>troll

Quote Originally Posted by Takonic View Post
    what are the top races for enh on horde atm? i surely thought it was orc, but my guildies claim its panda>troll
    I personally haven't looked at the math behind which race for horde pulls ahead - but the panda racials are very powerful. I can see how troll would then be the second best for two reasons - haste has become a great stat and the amount of haste gained compared to AP gained makes the troll racial better, and it's a 3min CD so you can tie it into Ascendance nicely which work very well together.
    Asrel - Shadow Priest <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind
    Aretoo - Havoc DH <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind

Orc is the best for overall dps. Troll is best for burst.

Orc > Troll > Goblin > Panda, according to what i've read on EJ a while back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've posted this before in warlock threads, but beyond Blood Fury (which is amazing) and expertise with axes/fist weapons (very common) the stun reduction is a DPS increase on any fight that has a stun mechanic.

I know it's a throwback, but orcs could cast in between Halfus' stuns in BoT.
    I'm speculating it's the same for, say, Garalon.

The haste CD is nice, but Orc pulls ahead if you look at the complete package in my opinion.

In regards to panda, I personally prefer not having to rely on being well fed. Orc/Troll/Goblin racials are still there for pvp, being battle rez'd (ankh), dailies, etc.
    Guatama - Enhancement

I'm new to my enhancement shaman but i'm noticing with other EH shamans one of their top damaging attacks in raids is lightning shield, how is that even possible. like on the same fight their lightning shield will have done 1.5 million more than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    I'm new to my enhancement shaman but i'm noticing with other EH shamans one of their top damaging attacks in raids is lightning shield, how is that even possible. like on the same fight their lightning shield will have done 1.5 million more than mine.
    Lightning Shield damage comes from our passive Static Shock, which is caused by LL and SS usage. Typically Lightning Shield damage will vary between shamans of different gear levels since the Lightning Shield damage is not just how many times you use LL and SS but also how hard a lightning shield "hit" actually is. 1.5 million difference seems large to me so I would also try comparing how many LL and SS these other Enh Shamans have compared to you, there certainly should be differences in damage done on Lightning Shield because of different gear levels but the % of Lightning sheilds overall damage in a fight should be almost identical between Enh.

Feel free to PM me with some logs and we can go over where the disparity is to help you improve.

Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    Do you have UF talented? If you do, your melee hits can trigger LS for 8 seconds after you've unleashed wind which massively ups the damage you do with lightning shield.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can Echo of the Elements replicate Lightning Shield damage?
    Guatama - Enhancement

Quote Originally Posted by NPSlow View Post
    Can Echo of the Elements replicate Lightning Shield damage?
    I don't believe that it can - from my testing earlier on EotE I didn't specifically test this but based on how LS interacts I would venture that it wouldn't be duplicated.

It cant. Just as a dot tick cant be duplicated. Only direct dmg from spells can be duplicated - So any passive abilities or dot ticks does not duplicate.

Anyone still supporting Enh Sim ?

Maybe you guys can clear something up a bit for me. I understand that the priority system tells us LB_MW5 > LL but what is the reason for this? LB has a higher crit chance (SS buff) but LL still does more damage per hit/crit and more damage overall. I also understand that any delays in using MW charges potentially wastes more charges while you wait but it still seems like the higher damage ability would be prioritized.
    "They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Objects in mirrors are your elbows.

Ciarra: Draenei Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by lildave151 View Post
    Maybe you guys can clear something up a bit for me. I understand that the priority system tells us LB_MW5 > LL but what is the reason for this? LB has a higher crit chance (SS buff) but LL still does more damage per hit/crit and more damage overall. I also understand that any delays in using MW charges potentially wastes more charges while you wait but it still seems like the higher damage ability would be prioritized.
    A lot of it has to do with the wasting of MSW charges and also what talents you pick - typical talents for Enh included EotE and UF, both which greatly increase the potency of LB, thus favoring it over LL in our priority.

I noticed that you now have a section for boss encounters.

Garalon

Interesting cleave fight so you'll be wanting to use FN on CD when legs are up to get some extra dps. Otherwise just pump single target into the legs then boss when legs are down, avoid the pools and try to stay grouped for AoE healing.

Talents - Typical talents are fine on this fight, pick whichever healing CD your raid heals wants or your personally prefer.

Glyphs - Healing Stream Totem and Healing Storm are both good options as this fight has a good amount of raid AoE damage with Flame Shock being your only mandatory glyph.
    I don't believe you can FN off the legs to hit the boss, looking through some logs, none of the Enhancement Shamans are using Fire Nova. Personally, I never tried to use it during progression, and now on farm; the legs die to fast to waste time using a FN to test it.

In regards to talents, Ancestral Guidance is definitely the clear-cut winner. Because Ancestral Guidance does 40% of your damage, and attacking the legs gives you 100% bonus damage, thus the healing output of Ancestral Guidance will easily outweigh that of Healing Tide or Conductivity. There will always be times when a leg is up, and a crush is coming. In my guild, I Ancestral Guidance the 1st / 5th / 10th Crushes, and there is always a leg available to attack, and I even have cooldowns up for every single one. 1st Crush is Bloodlust / Fire Ele, 5th Crush is Ascendance, 10th Crush is Fire Ele / Potion. On top of this, I'm dropping a 5 Stack Healing Rain (Healing Storm glyph) on top of the main ranged camp, which also triggers Ancestral Guidance healing.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    I noticed that you now have a section for boss encounters.

I don't believe you can FN off the legs to hit the boss, looking through some logs, none of the Enhancement Shamans are using Fire Nova. Personally, I never tried to use it during progression, and now on farm; the legs die to fast to waste time using a FN to test it.

In regards to talents, Ancestral Guidance is definitely the clear-cut winner. Because Ancestral Guidance does 40% of your damage, and attacking the legs gives you 100% bonus damage, thus the healing output of Ancestral Guidance will easily outweigh that of Healing Tide or Conductivity. There will always be times when a leg is up, and a crush is coming. In my guild, I Ancestral Guidance the 1st / 5th / 10th Crushes, and there is always a leg available to attack, and I even have cooldowns up for every single one. 1st Crush is Bloodlust / Fire Ele, 5th Crush is Ascendance, 10th Crush is Fire Ele / Potion. On top of this, I'm dropping a 5 Stack Healing Rain (Healing Storm glyph) on top of the main ranged camp, which also triggers Ancestral Guidance healing.
    Could very well be true about FN - I actually haven't gone over my logs to verify whether it actually works or not. As for AG v HTT - AG is always more throughput when combined with appropriate offensive CDs - however majority of it's healing is overhealing, whereas HTT seems to heal more efficiently, for this reason I prefer HTT over AG in a raid setting.

Quote Originally Posted by streetlightout View Post
    Could very well be true about FN - I actually haven't gone over my logs to verify whether it actually works or not. As for AG v HTT - AG is always more throughput when combined with appropriate offensive CDs - however majority of it's healing is overhealing, whereas HTT seems to heal more efficiently, for this reason I prefer HTT over AG in a raid setting.
    I strongly believe AG is better on any fight that has an increased damage debuff. End up doing similar amounts of healing per cast. AG is 2 mins CD, HTT is 3. AG is also off the GCD, if that matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    I strongly believe AG is better on any fight that has an increased damage debuff. End up doing similar amounts of healing per cast. AG is 2 mins CD, HTT is 3. AG is also off the GCD, if that matters.
    It definitely is for Heroics. I don't know if Streetlightout speaks from a Heroic or Normal perspective, but in Heroics there is very little over-healing. On my Heroic Garalon parse, I did ~ 4.6m healing with 11% over-heal.

Of all the bosses I've killed, HTT seems to only be better on: Tsulong (AG doesn't like to heal him), Heroic Blade Lord (drop HTT during second phase as you are running), and maybe Heroic Spirit Kings (depending on how much your tank likes to move). Most fights in this tier have either an AoE component or an increased damage phase, (Only fights that don't are Spirit Kings, Imperial Vizier, Blade Lord and Tsulong depending on your assignment) which you can be utilized to boost AG output.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Yo,

I've played enhancement for a while. But at this point I feel fairly weak in my raid. I just came back from a break and I'm way lower then the others in my raid. Maybe it's difference between the ilvl of me and the others. Enhance Shammy is pretty high rated on a patchwork fight so I was curious am I doing something wrong?

Here is a link of my Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...atser/advanced
    Here is a link of my guild that I raided last monday in MSV normal(last 2 bosses only): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-p5sqzw6h2no2bz0v/

This is how I encounter a fight:
    1. Pop Fire Elemental
    2. Running in: cast unleashed elements and Flame shock
    3. On the boss: pop all my cds: BL > Ascendance with wolves and all my cds (trinket/blood fury/lifeblood)

This is the prio/rotation list:
    4. Unleashed Elements
    5. Lightning bolt MW5
    6. Stormstrike
    7. Lava Lash
    8. Flame shock with Unleashed Fire buff
    9. earth shock

Sometimes I do a Stormstrike first before popping Ascendance since it removes the CD of Stormstrike/Stormblast. I can do it twice then. What do u ppl think about this? Pop ascendance right away or first a stormstrike?

All tips are welcome

/Batser
    Last edited by Butser; 2012-12-04 at 10:57 PM.