15+ Year Old Account

5.1 PTR Priest Changes...

Quote Originally Posted by front page
    Penance now does 1,000 + 103.7% of SP damage, down from 6,606 + 63.5% of SP.
    Shadow Word: Insanity now does 3043 + 290.0% of SP damage, up from 2550 + 243.0% of SP.
    Prayer of Healing now heals for 8,688 + 83.8% of SP, up from 6,957 + 67.1% of SP.
    I'm mostly interested in the disc side of things, but have a few questions:

Pennace: Is this change just for the damage portion? if so is it a slight buff? or a nerf? or will that depend on gear levels?
    Prayer of Healing: they said a 25% buff was coming, so certainly not complaining!

are these 2 changes enough of a throughput buff to make disc more competative in raids?

edit:

did a rough work out - at 10k SP pennance change is a nerf, and 15k SP the pennance change is a slight buff.
    Last edited by Kuniku; 2012-10-12 at 07:49 AM. Reason: added info

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya in like dreadwastes greens is when its about even, by heroic gear its a buff - but the coolest bit is that it will now scale way better later in the expansion.

Imagine by the end of the expansion when we have like 40k spellpower in 600 item level gear - Penance would now do 42,480 up from 32,006 that it was before the buff - that's going to be spiffy!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Im quite sure i saw something about buff to PoM as well, along with the PoH one, am I messing or did they gave up on it?

The 25% to Prayer of Healing and Prayer of Mending is already live.

so is the general 15% heal/absorb nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I'm mostly interested in the disc side of things, but have a few questions:

Pennace: Is this change just for the damage portion? if so is it a slight buff? or a nerf? or will that depend on gear levels?
    Prayer of Healing: they said a 25% buff was coming, so certainly not complaining!

are these 2 changes enough of a throughput buff to make disc more competative in raids?

edit:

did a rough work out - at 10k SP pennance change is a nerf, and 15k SP the pennance change is a slight buff.
    Just so you're clear:
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...er/gctweet.png

The Penance change was a nerf, I believe to both damage and healing capacities - if memory serves me correctly, I believe it was due to being OP in PVP and would hit an opponent incredibly hard, on-the-run, when glyphed.

IMHO, Disc still needs more regen capabilities or better return through Rapture. The throughput is a little better, but buffing one spell that doesn't give us a regen mechanic isn't too note-worthy. I still stack spirit and reforge out of everything into spirit to help compensate, but I believe most/all other healing classes are better-off on that front.

I had to do this at the start of Cataclysm, too, but I was Disc previously, now went Holy, will wait for Blizzard to fix again, and likely go back to Disc. I really like Holy in it's current state, but mana is still pretty tight, but that can be expected while raiding in blues and a couple purples.
    Disc/Shadow Priest

Penance now does 1,000 + 103.7% of SP damage, down from 6,606 + 63.5% of SP.
    Shadow Word: Insanity now does 3043 + 290.0% of SP damage, up from 2550 + 243.0% of SP.
    Prayer of Healing now heals for 8,688 + 83.8% of SP, up from 6,957 + 67.1% of SP.

All these changes were hotfixes and are currently live. Nothing to see here.

15+ Year Old Account
    ah so still awaiting news on the actual 5.1 class changes?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    so it seems void shift got nerfed.. and no longer works in the pets.. seems there was to much QQ on it.

Prayer of Healing and Prayer of Mending now provide 25% more healing when cast by Holy and Discipline Priests.
    Battle Fatigue properly reduces the effects of Sacred Shield in PvP.
    Archangel now affects Spirit Shell properly.
    Void Shift can now only work on other players.
    Cascade now deals 25% more damage or healing.
    Mind Sear now deals 25% more damage.

Those changes were hotfixes and are currently on the Live. There are no 5.1 class changes for Priests yet.

Deleted
    Voidshift still works with mindbender just tried it or is this not live yet ?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    All of this is live. There have been no announced class changes for 5.1 as of this time.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holygrail View Post
    Those changes were hotfixes and are currently on the Live. There are no 5.1 class changes for Priests yet.
    These are new changes as far as i know. The changes u ment are on a older page.

Deleted
    That green stuff on mmo-c is datamined tooltip updates, only watch out for blue posts. All 51. ptr patchnotes -> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/754...oon-10_11_2012 - there's nothing about any class changes just yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceso Jenkins View Post
    The Penance change was a nerf, I believe to both damage and healing capacities - if memory serves me correctly, I believe it was due to being OP in PVP and would hit an opponent incredibly hard, on-the-run, when glyphed.
    The penance change really wasn't a nerf it was a buff. If your running around in Dragon Soul gear at level 90 it's a nerf, but once your in like Dread Wastes greens it's a buff - by raid gear its awesome - by the end of the expansion it's going to be crazy.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I wish this thread for closed; I'd like the title for the REAL class changes.

- Prayer of Healing and Prayer of Mending now provide 25% more healing when cast by Holy and Discipline Priests.
    - Archangel now affects Spirit Shell properly.
    - Cascade now deals 25% more damage or healing.