Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is your FPS like in MoP currently?

I have 8 gigs of ram, i5 3570k 4.2ghz, and a hd 7970 and I don't think I'm getting the amount of fps I should be getting.

With everything on ultra except shadows on high and multisampling at 4x I'm getting around 45-65 fps in open zoned areas. But I have seen benchmarks of the HD 7970 getting 100+ fps. I have no clue why I am getting lower than that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzick View Post
    I have 8 gigs of ram, i5 3570k 4.2ghz, and a hd 7970 and I don't think I'm getting the amount of fps I should be getting.

With everything on ultra except shadows on high and multisampling at 4x I'm getting around 45-65 fps in open zoned areas. But I have seen benchmarks of the HD 7970 getting 100+ fps. I have no clue why I am getting lower than that...
    I don't know why you would want fps around that high anyway. Anything over 80 just fries your gpu faster. My new setup runs at 50-60 fps all the time now and that is perfect.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

Quote Originally Posted by bethofwow View Post
    I don't know why you would want fps around that high anyway. Anything over 80 just fries your gpu faster. My new setup runs at 50-60 fps all the time now and that is perfect.
    What's your setup?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even a 7850 will max out WoW, the game is more CPU intensive than GPU.

Please show me the benchmarks.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    What's your setup?
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...564&task=#N317

Swapped out that crappy integrated chip for a Sapphire HD 7750
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Even a 7850 will max out WoW, the game is more CPU intensive than GPU.

Please show me the benchmarks.
    I do have a i5-3570k at 4.2 ghz which is more than enough for WoW.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...n,3104-11.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...k,3232-12.html

anything over 60fps is just epeen shit. not needed and not even noticable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know which areas they were in, but I'm guessing they were in in non-populated low level area, I generally don't trust benchmarks with WoW where they don't specify the area.

i5-3570k is pretty much top of the line for WoW use, you're good if you're getting 40-60 FPS in the MoP areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by lukerocks View Post
    Not true, it depends on the game.

FPS games 60 FPS isn't enough for me, but when it's RTS & MMO's it's enough.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    I don't know which areas they were in, but I'm guessing they were in in non-populated low level area, I generally don't trust benchmarks with WoW where they don't specify the area.

i5-3570k is pretty much top of the line for WoW use, you're good if you're getting 40-60 FPS in the MoP areas.

Not true, it depends on the game.

FPS games 60 FPS isn't enough for me, but when it's RTS & MMO's it's enough.
    Depends on game? Sounds the same as it depends which color your ram has.

All games are being rendered and fps is the result of how powerful your system is. A game is never made for 60fps/120fps/240fps whatever.

@lukerocks Uhm you'll sure notice difference between 60fps & 120fps but you need a 120hz monitor to compare it.

Here you have your proove and keep your eyes up -> http://frames-per-second.appspot.com/

Set 1 ball at 60fps and the other 120fps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    @lukerocks Uhm you'll sure notice difference between 60fps & 120fps but you need a 120hz monitor to compare it.

Here you have your proove and keep your eyes up -> http://frames-per-second.appspot.com/

I can definitely see the difference. I couldn't tell you which one is which, specifically, but I can tell that they aren't the same. And I don't have a 120hz monitor.

Deleted
    Sounds as if you don't game a lot.
    It is noticeable in FPS games, and not in MMO's because it is not about in your face action and fast paced camera turning.

Deleted
    Im usually fine while questing/flying around but in 25man raids, its terrible, imo.

I fpsdrop ALOT, to ~30-35, then goes up to ~50, 30-35 again etc. If anyone using spells it drops alot. No idea why, really. i5 2500k 4.5ghz hd7850 6b memory. Tried with no addons, another driver, reinstalled windows/wow.

Its not fun with this kind of comp to have to run things at Low-settings almost.

10+ Year Old Account

All games are being rendered and fps is the result of how powerful your system is. A game is never made for 60fps/120fps/240fps whatever.

I can notice the difference between 60 and 80 FPS in an FPS game.
    I can't notice the difference between 60 and 80 FPS in an MMO/Strategy game.

Armory

In open areas (not including cities/raiding/pvp) I seem to never really go below 60 and have an average somewhere around 80-110 with everything maxed aside from shadows on high and AA at 2x. Build is in signature. I can't comment on the situations excluded since I just bought the expansion yesterday and I'm still leveling. :P

@OP - Are you playing at a resolution above 1080p?
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by lukerocks View Post
    That is not the point of his post. To address your concern though, it is very noticeable on a monitor that refreshes higher than 60 Hz.

Currently running between 32~100+ fps myself. 60~100 fps average when flying around (maximum view distance) or in dungeons. 32 fps was when I was flying around beside Vale of the Eternal Blossoms, roughly about 150 people on screen - made sure with the camera angle I could see people landing and flying off at the flight master as well as part way inside the building itself. Around 40-60 fps in 25 man raids with people AoE'ing.

1920x1080p, 16xCSAA, 8xSupersampling, 16xAF , everything Ultra or High where not applicable.

Using a Palit GTX 670 Jetstream (with default overclocking) & Intel i5 2500k @ 4.8 Ghz.

On Maximum Graphics Settings (with VSync on and groundEffectDist set to 400 instead of 600) I'm getting between 40-60 FPS with my setup (2500K @ 4.6GHz, GTX 680).

On the ground in any given zone I'm normally at a firm 60 FPS, but when I start to fly around areas like Valley of the Four Winds my FPS drops to between 40 and 60, sometimes even dipping down into the 30s.

In cities it is the same story, normally a firm 60 FPS, but drops to between 40 and 60 when I immediately enter a high population area like SW's Trade District.

I've yet to see my FPS drop in dungeons, probably because there isn't a whole lot going on when there are only 5 people, a handful of NPCs and a instanced zone being rendered. Haven't done anything larger than a dungeon yet, so I can't comment on raids.

Overall, it seems that the entire continent of Pandaria is quite a bit more resource heavy than the older zones, but that could be because so many people are there right now. I know that I had no FPS drops that I can remember while leveling my monk 1-85.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-10-15 at 02:40 PM.

MoP, for whatever reason, does love the resources. I can go into any of the "old world" (aka Vanilla-Cata zones) and be getting 60 fps on all high settings anywhere I am at any point in time. I step into MoP and it goes down to 45-60... AND then if I step into a heavily phased portion of the zone; BOOM 30 fps.

The "benchmarks" are empty zone fly-throughs using a flightpath in Twilight Highlands. Of course you will see higher FPS in that situation.