Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Level 30 talents: do you use them?

Honestly, the level 30 talents are pretty underwhelming. I've spent most of my time as Windwalker and Brewmaster, but I'm just not using these talents very much if at all. I have a lot of keybinds and these keep making their way onto weaker and weaker binds. Basically, all the absorbs (Guard, Diffuse Magic, Touch of Karma) and Expel Harm do most of my self-healing. Zen Sphere doesn't really seem to heal for much at all, and neither does Chi Burst. I haven't really tried Chi Wave yet, but if its anything like the other two...well, this tier really gets overshadowed by Expel Harm. I use THAT like its going out of style.

I've only healed 5 man heroics, but I'm not finding much use for these talents there either.

Chi Wave is amazing, that is all.

Deleted
    Chi Burst because Dragonball that's why (oh and the whole in a line healing)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Affectionate View Post
    Seconded. If this ability stays as it is, unnerfed, I will be a very happy panda for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Chi wave is king when it comes to soloing old content and mass groups of mobs for dalies in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felade View Post
    Honestly, the level 30 talents are pretty underwhelming. I've spent most of my time as Windwalker and Brewmaster, but I'm just not using these talents very much if at all.
    Did you RAF your way past the old expansions? Because I can tell you, the level 30 talents are pretty effin amazing at lower levels. I say lower levels, because that is where my monk is currently. But having learned HOW and WHEN to use them, I expect I'll still love them at endgame!

I will agree that they are underwhelming for Brewmasters. The problem in this tier for the tanking class is that every Chi used on level 30 talents is Chi that could have been used to keep up Shuffle or use Purifying Brew. There is really no place to fit them. With that said, I usually use Zen Sphere when I have the extra Chi because it gives a pretty great HoT and I will detonate it before it falls off for a good burst of AoE heal. I haven't tried Chi Burst yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Affectionate View Post
    Thirded.

The healing for Chi Wave is INSANE, it's great for heavy magic magic damage bosses, where Shuffle isn't as vital and the damage is nothing to sniff at either. I was using Zen Sphere, but I almost never cast it, as the healing felt pretty weak, then for... no real reason at all I swapped it out and now find myself using Chi Wave probably more than is strictly needed
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

chi wave for soloing/tanking
    chi burst for raid healing (tanks+melee)

I will be a very happy panda for a long time.

When you are leveling and the party is half monks (as expected) you don't have to put up with a snobby/slow/afk/bad healer if you all have chi wave, can do large pulls over and over without stopping.

I even had a healer get all uppity ("only healers are supposed to heal") so I posted recount at the end so he could cry.

Deleted
    Chi Wave <3 (i use it as Tank all the time... 1st 2 -> Breath of Fire, 2nd 2 -> Chi Wave, 2 left over -> Chi Wave in next group ... and so on)

Quote Originally Posted by Aio View Post
    Chi Wave <3 (i use it as Tank all the time... 1st 2 -> Breath of Fire, 2nd 2 -> Chi Wave, 2 left over -> Chi Wave in next group ... and so on)
    Honestly I hope you aren't tanking at level 90 like that. Shuffle and cleansing stagger should be priority.

As mistweaver they arent really useful until 25 mans

Deleted
    Using Chi Wave.

I use Chi Wave allll the damn time. Any time I have 2 extra chi on my Brewmaster, I'm throwing it. It's nomderful. I also use it every time I need healing while questing as Windwalker.

not using any of those as mistweaver, chi wave takes ages to get to target, by that time he/she might be dead. Zen Sphere is a dot, but why use that when i can use enveloping mist. chi burst has cast time = no like.

Chi Wave is amazing.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Ssshhh, stop talking about how amazing Chi Wave is! You don't want it to stop being so amazing, do you!?