Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    TOOL

they've had 5 VERY good albums in a row.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stony Steve Lemon View Post
    Muse: Origin of Symmetry, Absolution, Black Holes and Revelations, and The Resistance. Haven't heard The 2nd Law yet.
    The Resistance was shit, and so is The 2nd Law. I kinda find it amusing how quickly Muse tanked from a quality writing standpoint. Now their songs are just lame derpstep songs and crap for Twilight fangirls. But you forgot Showbiz, which is by far their best album, so they got crap after Black Holes and Revelations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Katatonia for sure:

Tonight's Decision - Last Fair Deal Gone Down - Viva Emptiness - The Great Cold Distance - Night Is The New Day - Dead End Kings

All excellent albums I'd be hard pressed to pick a favourite from

15+ Year Old Account
    If we aren't counting the single albums then Nine Inch Nails has been extremely successful since Pretty Hate Machine.

(7) Children Of Bodom (7 consecutive good albums, have never released a bad one)
    (7) Death (7 Consecutive good albums, sure some better than others, but never a bad one)
    (4) Trivium (1st album wasn't good, the following 4 have been great)
    (4) Metallica (Ride the lightning through Self titled, 4 great in a row) (Yeah, I said Ride the lightning, Kill em all is primitive and rough compared to RTL onward)
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-10-16 at 05:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t really like those older bands like Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, and Metallica. And I literally HATE bands like Tool, Children of Bodom and Slayer. Can’t stand them.
    So I don’t know who I would pick. I listen to a lot of different music, but I don’t recall any of them having a long run as of yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zepellin, Bob Dylan, Tool, Metallica, Megadeth, Maiden, Guns 'n' roses ignoring the latest album, Green Day, Rise Against, Rage Against The Machine,Avenged Sevenfold, Machine Head, Mastodon, Foo Fighters, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Muse, System of A Down, Rammstein, Sevendust, The Prodigy.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Streetlight Manifesto hands down.

Keasbey Nights
    Somewhere In The Between
    Everything Goes Numb
    99 Songs Of Revolution
    Yesyesyesthisthisthis. Best band ever in the history of anything.

Also,

The Gaslight Anthem: Sink or Swim / The '59 Sound / American Slang / Handwritten
    Brand New: Your Favorite Weapon / Deja Entendu / The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me / Daisy

There are also plenty of other bands in the vein of music I listen to that have so many good albums it would be tedious to list them all, including: Saves the Day, Jawbreaker, Thrice, Alkaline Trio, Bane, Samiam

10+ Year Old Account
    The Black Dahlia Murder has had 5 consecutive albums that were pretty solid. It's Death Metal though; don't listen to it unless you're into the genre already.

Deleted
    Opeth

Orchid (1995)
    Morningrise (1996)
    My Arms, Your Hearse (1998)
    Still Life (1999)
    Blackwater Park (2001)
    Deliverance (2002)
    Damnation (2003)
    Ghost Reveries (2005)
    Watershed (2008)

Heritage (2011) wasn't bad either, but with the complete change in style it seems weird to list it after the others. It's not that "consecutive".

15+ Year Old Account
    Hate me for my taste if You want. Coldplay - parachutes - arush of blood to the head - X&Y - Viva la Vida and death and all his friends and now even Mylo xyloto say what you want but all of them been a succes even if you don't like there music.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    In Flames :
    - The Jester Race
    - Whoracle
    - Colony
    - Clayman
    And I am also fan of their later work.

The Beatles are one of the most overrated bands of all time.

On topic: Opeth.

Mastodon, from their second album onward I'd say. Their music has been getting progressively better since they started out.

Metallica's first four - arguably five - albums are all incredible.

Black Sabbath's first six, no comment needed.

Opeth, as people have previously mentioned, are incredibly persistent in their albums, and although their most recent, Heritage, is radically different to anything that they have released before, I believe that they haven't released a single bad album. Not one stands out as being worse than the rest. And they're released nine albums now I believe?

Muse's first four albums - personally I think The Resistance was a bit of a blip in the of quality their songwriting.

Radiohead from their second album - The Bends - onward. Not a single bad album in there, despite them all being completely different.

Tool, I believe they've only released four full length albums, but all of them are very solid.

Really everyone is going to think that their favorite band and/or genre is going to have a string of consecutive successes. If you didn't think so, you wouldn't like them. I think for a question like this you have to try to separate out you personal feelings and look at things like commercial success, critical acclaim, and how well the music holds up long term. That makes a lot of your classic rock bands a slam dunk, because we tend to only remember the good music from the 60's and 70's. From the 80's, you can pretty much forget any hair band, even Poison and GnR never had that much long term success. Bowie and Metallica stand out, as well as Prince, Michael Jackson, and Madonna. From the 90's, you have bands like Nirvana (unless you don't count Unplugged, then they never made it to four), Pearl Jam, U2, and several others. I'd have to say, I can't really say anything about any modern music, since we have no idea how it will hold up over time. I'd think The Black Keys are a good candidate. Muse as well. Once upon a time, I'd have said Weezer, but they've spent the last couple albums making me hate them. I know I've left out a ton of quality music, but you kind of have to think outside of your own musical preferences for a question like this.

Ultimately, I think the answer comes down to two candidates: The Beatles and Elvis. They both have everything you could ask for in a long, successful run. Honorable mention to The Stones as well.

Aerosmith
    Smashing Pumpkins

Then there are others already listed. Incredibly opinionated post, so don't flame people if it's not your kinda music.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Really everyone is going to think that their favorite band and/or genre is going to have a string of consecutive successes. If you didn't think so, you wouldn't like them. I think for a question like this you have to try to separate out you personal feelings and look at things like commercial success, critical acclaim, and how well the music holds up long term.
    Well, I don't know. Critical acclaim? Why should anyone "separate out personal feelings", but take into account what some "critic" thinks? That doesn't make any sense. Also, commercial success or failure doesn't say anything about the art and the quality of the music.

It's also very off to think that if you're a "fan" of a band, that you automatically like everything they ever did - and that you aren't even a fan if you don't. Maybe teenagers are like that.

Deleted
    i registered just to answer this topic because there are many bands that meet ops cryteria, so im just gonna go at it
    Anathema - alternative 4 and onwards
    Ayreon - everything
    Camel - they did so many albums and nearly all are just pure awesomness, first few are just classic progressive rock, must listen to any rock fans
    Death - human, individual tought patterns, symbolic, the sound of perseverence, genius
    Emperor - they only did 4 full length albums but all of them are great
    Fear Factory - if you dont count the remixed albums its all good
    Paradise Lost - from draconian times onward
    System of a Down - all albums
    Therion - theli, vovin, crowning of atlantis, deggial, secret of the runes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Maybe teenagers are like that.
    I feel so offended!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Really everyone is going to think that their favorite band and/or genre is going to have a string of consecutive successes. If you didn't think so, you wouldn't like them. I think for a question like this you have to try to separate out you personal feelings and look at things like commercial success, critical acclaim, and how well the music holds up long term. That makes a lot of your classic rock bands a slam dunk, because we tend to only remember the good music from the 60's and 70's. From the 80's, you can pretty much forget any hair band, even Poison and GnR never had that much long term success. Bowie and Metallica stand out, as well as Prince, Michael Jackson, and Madonna. From the 90's, you have bands like Nirvana (unless you don't count Unplugged, then they never made it to four), Pearl Jam, U2, and several others. I'd have to say, I can't really say anything about any modern music, since we have no idea how it will hold up over time. I'd think The Black Keys are a good candidate. Muse as well. Once upon a time, I'd have said Weezer, but they've spent the last couple albums making me hate them. I know I've left out a ton of quality music, but you kind of have to think outside of your own musical preferences for a question like this.

Ultimately, I think the answer comes down to two candidates: The Beatles and Elvis. They both have everything you could ask for in a long, successful run. Honorable mention to The Stones as well.
    I guess that i dont speak for myself only when i say most people in here like a lot more bands then they type about but why would we name all the bands we like if others already did its not a "name as much artist or band with the best run 4+ of consecutive albums" thead.

I like metallica's albums a lot and they where all pretty succesfull but why would i name them if like 50% of the people in here already did.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog