10+ Year Old Account

Cancelling lightning bolt cast in rotation

Hello shaman forum,

Iv'e been reading the sticky post about elemental shaman on various shaman thread but i have found nowhere if it is efficient to cancel a lightning bolt (or EB) cast whenever a lava surge proc happens. I am not talking about canceling a cast that is 3/4 done, but more if its beter dps-wise to cancel it in the first second of it being casted.

Considering there is a 0.5 sec GCD occuring whenever you start casting a lighning bolt, is there a good window of time in wich its beter to cancel cast?

Thank you in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    In short, no. The potential damage loss by delaying Lava Burst slightly is outweighed by the guaranteed damage loss for canceling a cast in progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Super, thanks!

You must cast Lava Burst before next Flame Shock tick. When lava surge proc happens, you have 3s (without haste) to complete Lighting bolt cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you both answered the question quite well. I was just wondering if it was worth more cancelling to get a solid LvB or 2 with overload or a lightning bolt or 2 wich seemed like not much these days.

Il try not to cancel anything. I was still able to push some good 48-50k on Fen last week.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm always following old ABC rule. Always Be Casting.

Typically with any dps caster class, if you began casting the 'wrong' spell, just let it finish

The dps loss from cancelling will be greater than the gain from using the 'correct' spell.